7.0

1. Mar 19, 2014
    Sometimes there comes a director with so much skill that it's like watching a jet fighter pilot putting his plane through its paces. Add terrific acting from every character, a riveting script, beautiful cinematography, and you have a solid "10".
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    "Arbitrage" stars Richard Gere as Miller an immoral business tycoon (is there any other kind?) and Susan Sarrandon as is dutiful wife (is there any other kind?) and how theirs lives seemingly come apart after an accident that could lead to a homicide charge against Miller. Much like we watch people's lives unravel on Oprah or Springer, we are mesmerized as we watch Miller betray anyone
  3. Sep 16, 2012
    I loved this movie. Richard Gere's character has a dream life, he has it all, and it is all collapsing around him. I felt real dramatic tension as this story unfolded and it had surprises along the way. I found the ending to be stunning. And where did Nate Parker come from? That man can act and does an incredibly real performance as the story pivots on his character. The film looks great too, New York has a supporting role.
    Want more films from this team!
  4. Jun 7, 2013
    Richard Gere gives possibly his greatest performance in "Arbitrage," a film that makes a home within suspense, intrigue, and a widely overarching sense of intricacy.
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    So shocked at some of the poor reviews here! The movie is excellent. It is a classic thriller. The young actor playing Jimmy is brilliant, the next Denzel Washington!

Richard Gere was at his best. In fact the whole cast were very good. Tim Roth was a pit bull. Love Tim he always delivers!
  6. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie is based off its fantastic performances. Richard Gere gives one of his best performance's striking the right balance between likable and unlikable. I also really enjoyed the performance of Tim Roth.
  7. Apr 1, 2013
    IN MY OPINION **MAY CONTAIN SPOIILERS** by CtheTav This film grew on me from the moment I sat down to watch it. Going in I haven't seen any reviews or plot synopsis for this film so I had no clue what it was about. Turns out its the following. Richard Gere seems to have everything loads of money and a mistress on the side, a family who love him and success. It turns out this is all a lie. He's nearly bankrupt his company and needs the merger to go through to get away without anyone noticing. Add to this the fact that he has accidentally killed his mistress and needs to cover this up to get his company sold. Few what a week. This film ends on one of the best cliff hangers I have seen in years with Gere stuck between a rock and a hard place, but I feel the character is strong enough that the internet will be able to work out what he would most likely do, I know what I would do if I was him. The acting is excellent throughout the story moves along at a brisk pace meaning the 2 hours fly by. The story asks the question what you would do to save yourself. The writing was so good I found myself caring about Jimmy (an accomplice of Geres') and whether he would cave under the pressure. Rating 9 out of 10 A great thriller setting an example for others to follow whilst staying true to its roots Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Cox
    Mar 2, 2013
    You've seen it all before, but lead Richard Gere drenches the proceedings in the old razzle-dazzle.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Feb 22, 2013
    As much as Nicholas Jarecki’s debut feature simmers, it never quite boils.
  3. Reviewed by: Geoff Pevere
    Sep 28, 2012
    As many of the most memorable and darker thrillers have, Arbitrage plays with affinities in order to completely confuse the drawing of any clear lines between good and evil, criminal and executive, skilled pro and callous cad.