6.0

1. Apr 7, 2013
    Armageddon isn't as bad as everyone says. I really do not see why everyone dislikes this movie. It isn't the best film out there, but it is entertaining. The thing that gets me furious is that critics complain that the movie isn't realistic. I say to them, "Are you a movie critic or just plain stupid? Movies are about entertaining the masses (and making money), not the border of realism." This movie has been ridiculed for being too unrealistic. Yet when you see other live-actions that are clearly unrealistic (Jurassic Park, Gremlins, which are good movies), you praise the absolute heck outta them!

Anyways, I felt that this movie had a great ensemble cast with the likes of Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler, Will Patton, William Fichtner, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, Michael Clarke Duncan (RIP), and Owen Wilson. These guys had great interaction with each other. Overall, I felt that this was one of Michael Bay's successful endeavors that is entertaining and fun to watch.
  2. May 27, 2012
    I loved this movie and think it deserves a much higher rating. It is one of my favourite movies of all time, and his everything in it that appeals to my taste of entertainment.
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    screw the critics. go see this movie. it is that awesome!

1. Director Michael Bay's filmmaking style is so frantic and frenetic that it's often impossible to figure out exactly what is happening.
    The movie is ridiculous, but since the special effects are really quite impressive, that seems a small point.
  3. The actors mark time, and the gung-ho heroics on display are embarrassingly hollow.