6.0

1. Sep 1, 2012
    This is a pretty decent film with some great action scenes. the acting is a little sub par but by Michael bay standards it was very good. I really enjoyed it for what it was.
  2. Sep 18, 2011
    You know those original blockbuster movies that have limitless fun and amazing scenes? Well, the space blockbuster "Armaggedon" is on the top list for the category.
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    screw the critics. go see this movie. it is that awesome!
  4. Jul 12, 2014
    Armageddon is stunning, entertaining, groovy and dramatic.

Armageddon is stunning, entertaining, groovy and dramatic.

The opening scene is cool as it is massive, and I really enjoyed it! But after that it became a bit lame with to much slow and boring scenes, which I didn't like at all. The film overall thought, is very entertaining and the action is awesome! Armageddon is a highly unique film that combines a great story with wonderful actors as Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck, which truly are outstanding together. The music is also another aspect of the film that's wonderful, so dramatic, and I love it. Almost every detail in the film is perfect, besides the first slow half of the film and the "missing scenes" at some places that makes it a bit confusing.

A sadly but awesome film by Michael Bay, and the best (to date).

Armageddon gets a 8.3/10
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    It was actually rather good, A little unrealistic but it wouldnt be a Michael Bay film if it wasnt. Acting was ok for the most part, A few people I didnt really enjoy on screen. Far too long and really could and should have been shortened quite a bit to make for a better film. If you can over look the obvious flaws, Its not that bad.
  6. Jan 25, 2015
    Odiar Michael Bay é uma doença que mexe com a diminuição do Q.I,eu não tenho essa doença.
    Armageddon,É Um filme cheio de ação,humor e inteligência o que mais podemos pedir num filme. Fora o ótimo roteiro e só atuações de primeira classe. Bruce Willis,Steve Buscemi,Ben Affleck,Billy Bob Thornton,Michael Clarke Duncan,Peter Stormare,Will Patton,Owen Wilson,William Fichtner,Jason Isaacs,Ken Hudson Campbell e Liv Tyler que elenco!!! o que mais esperar de um filme???
  7. Jul 13, 2015
    ................................................ Incrível ............................................ Aventura .................................................... Muita comédia,ação e etc.............
  8. Jul 20, 2015
    ........................................................................................................................................................................................................44 imbecis Roger Ebert foi meio idiota em não gosta dessa obra-prima
  9. Dec 17, 2014
    The Most exciting action movie i have ever seen. I Loved it. Its got great action, it's very thrilling and just in my opinion a great movie. LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!
  10. Apr 7, 2013
    Armageddon isn't as bad as everyone says. I really do not see why everyone dislikes this movie. It isn't the best film out there, but it is entertaining. The thing that gets me furious is that critics complain that the movie isn't realistic. I say to them, "Are you a movie critic or just plain stupid? Movies are about entertaining the masses (and making money), not the border of realism."Armageddon isn't as bad as everyone says. I really do not see why everyone dislikes this movie. It isn't the best film out there, but it is entertaining. The thing that gets me furious is that critics complain that the movie isn't realistic. I say to them, "Are you a movie critic or just plain stupid? Movies are about entertaining the masses (and making money), not the border of realism." This movie has been ridiculed for being too unrealistic. Yet when you see other live-actions that are clearly unrealistic (Jurassic Park, Gremlins, which are good movies), you praise the absolute heck outta them!

Anyways, I felt that this movie had a great ensemble cast with the likes of Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler, Will Patton, William Fichtner, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare, Michael Clarke Duncan (RIP), and Owen Wilson. These guys had great interaction with each other. Overall, I felt that this was one of Michael Bay's successful endeavors that is entertaining and fun to watch.
  11. Aug 18, 2010
    While Armageddon does suffer from a 'been there, done that' quality, it's still an exciting and twisting adventure with characters you'll actually care about. From the you know what the movie's going to be like; the main heroes will be going through the ups and downs of their journey to save Earth from total annihilation while communicating with the government and arbitrary love interestsWhile Armageddon does suffer from a 'been there, done that' quality, it's still an exciting and twisting adventure with characters you'll actually care about. From the you know what the movie's going to be like; the main heroes will be going through the ups and downs of their journey to save Earth from total annihilation while communicating with the government and arbitrary love interests back home. While it never really picks up until the final few moments of the movie, the plot is good enough to hold the movie and the acting is decent. The CG is also very good for it's time and really gives the scenes in space some pop, especially if viewed on Blu-Ray. It definitely isn't for everyone, and you've seen most of what's here before, but if you want a good popcorn flick this movie wouldn't be the worst choice you could make either. Expand
  12. May 27, 2012
    I loved this movie and think it deserves a much higher rating. It is one of my favourite movies of all time, and his everything in it that appeals to my taste of entertainment.
  13. AlexB.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Great special effects, great sound! Great movie!
  14. Natam
    Sep 2, 2007
    So, everybody's complaining it's predictable, and slashing the movie because of it. Fair? no. Please remember most of these reviews were written back in 1998, at the height of the disaster-film trend. Reviewers were fed up with "Volcano"s, they took most of their frustration on Armageddon. Is it that bad? Looking back, not it all. It's even Influential in its own way. So, everybody's complaining it's predictable, and slashing the movie because of it. Fair? no. Please remember most of these reviews were written back in 1998, at the height of the disaster-film trend. Reviewers were fed up with "Volcano"s, they took most of their frustration on Armageddon. Is it that bad? Looking back, not it all. It's even Influential in its own way. Charachters are good enough for a PopcornMovie (what did you expect? The Godfather?), Special Affects are great, maybe noisy and dizzying, but this movie didn't market itself as Driving Miss Daisie anyway... As far as a summer blockbuster can go, it's one of the good ones. It's at least better than Transformers, by any means. Expand
  15. Albin
    Feb 10, 2008
    It was a great movie that I've seen over and over, and it is just as good as the first time I saw it. I see no big problems other than it was a crazy-unbelievable plot. Then again, its a HOLLYWOOD FILM so 10/10.
  16. DreH.
    Jun 25, 2009
    This movie is not bad, but not for everyone. Its an exciting thrill ride.
  17. CarlaC.
    Oct 19, 2005
    It's wonderful!!!!
  18. JustinL.
    May 14, 2006
    Something for everyone.
  19. Alex
    Jul 6, 2008
    I love this movie! I haven't even seen the whole thing (I missed most of the beginning and part of the middle) And I still got it! And as a bonus it has some of my favorite actors!
  20. MarcusL.
    Jan 5, 2009
    This movie was very sad. I loved it. It had great acting through all the actors. Bruce played another great performance. There was only one problem and that was how predictable it was. But, I still could watch it over and over again.
  21. ClareP.
    Jun 17, 2004
    I think dis is a wicked film!! It's so sad and really heart warming.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Not the best story, but to me it's like ID4. It gives you some nice dumb fun. When the Asteroid decapitated the guy and left his dog hanging, it's hard not to laugh. The space action is great. drilling is kinda boring, though. An htat russian Guy...genius.
  23. Gemmauwish
    Aug 13, 2005
    I think armageddon is one of the best films ever made,iv watched it about 40 times now and its stil ad gud as first time i watched it.
  24. JackS.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I wasn't that bad, it was epic, it had great special effects, it was extrememly easy to guess the outcome, thats the main reason the movie lost so many votes, I like it anyway, thats just me. It had the best visual effects in 1998. Thats something, most movies are pretty predictable. But, I have to admit, this gave it away. You don't need to know watch the movie to know what I wasn't that bad, it was epic, it had great special effects, it was extrememly easy to guess the outcome, thats the main reason the movie lost so many votes, I like it anyway, thats just me. It had the best visual effects in 1998. Thats something, most movies are pretty predictable. But, I have to admit, this gave it away. You don't need to know watch the movie to know what happens. It is pretty kick-ass though. The only unpredictable part is HOW they end up blowing the asteroid up. (Sorry to those who wanna watch it, it is pretty obviouse though.) Expand

1. Director Michael Bay's filmmaking style is so frantic and frenetic that it's often impossible to figure out exactly what is happening.
    The movie is ridiculous, but since the special effects are really quite impressive, that seems a small point.
  3. The actors mark time, and the gung-ho heroics on display are embarrassingly hollow.