Cinedigm Entertainment Group | Release Date: April 26, 2013
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 17 Ratings
Watch Now
LeZeeJul 30, 2017
Arthur Newman's obviously trying to be a new man!

Arthur Newman's obviously trying to be a new man!

I like this kind of films to watch occasionally. I am not talking about the story, but the type of comedy. Like two unusual characters go on a ride and each one set to rediscover themselves. This one was a bit more than that. It tells the story of a divorced man who is not happy with his life, so decides to fake his death and take up a new identity to live somewhere else. Then he meets a woman who is throwing up her life for nothing. Now these two join hands for an unexpected adventure to an unknown destination. Well, they head towards with an intention, but without the plan to accomplish in a way. Very fun, but not like loudly laughable or even with a little smile. You will get that while you watch it.

Both the British actors played the American role, but still with the British accent. They were good, I liked their combo, as well as the characters. The film was enjoyable, but something says it's not all well. It's not the production or the screenplay, or even the directional inexperience. It could be the thematic which was like from pre 60s or 70s. I bet you will remember the title 'Sullivan's Travels' and other similar. Basically, it is not comparable with others, but feels familiar with how everything was developed. So it is not for everyone, but some people might think it is very good. I stand in-between, but I don't know you are one of those, so why not try it and decide yourself.

adhamhanyFeb 16, 2014
Thanks in large to the convincing performances of its leads, and despite the incoherent story elements, this is a good movie about running away to be somebody you're not, and finally growing up.
FilmgoerApr 30, 2013
Emily Blunt is hot! I just had to say that. An ordinary man in ordinary circumstance, no shoot 'em ups no nothing. What a fantastic film, filled with emotion and pathos. This one will long be remembered.
NafzigerApr 29, 2013
I did not know about this movie and saw it playing in today. Poignant. A beautiful meditation on the human condition. At first, thought I would hate it but fell into it. Can't stop thinking about it.
BrianGibbons992Apr 29, 2013
Saw the movie last night, was really pleasantly surprised. Colin Firth and Emily Blunt gave excellent performances that make a good story even better. I recommend giving it a shot!