5.0

1. Apr 8, 2011
    There is a lot of urban humor in this film which might not be appreciated by some movie goers. Many critics who saw the original 1981 â
  2. Apr 9, 2011
    I don't know if I give this movie a 10 exactly, but I'm using my power of the vote to bump up the rating as best I can. This is a far cry from what was the awful "Get him to the Greek." I think through this movie Brand really has arrived on the scene, and any fan of his I'm sure will appreciate this movie for all that it is. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to share a laugh, bring your best friend. Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2011
    I found this version to be much better/funnier than the Dudley Moore version.
    If this movie is a sample of what Russell Brand can do he has a bright future.
  4. Nov 30, 2011
    What i think about this movie is just an opinion so don't start judging but, i think the people who watched it seem to lack the knowledge or understanding of the movies idea. Sure it wasn't the greatest movie ever created but it was very nice. This movie should have triggered something in people which, should have been, a better understanding of, money can't buy happiness, i think people just don't want to or can't understand that.

The jokes were perfectly matched with the going moment and the scenes were placed correctly and i strongly disagree with all the negative feedback this movie got. And is it wrong for a young adult cry in some of the scenes? People just have lost touch with good movies. Sure it's fun to see mindless shooting action, yes, but you also need to understand other genres too.
  5. Oct 12, 2013
    When looking at remakes of movies, why does everyone expect it to be just like the old one? That's the whole point, isn't it? To be a new look at something old. To update it so the more current generation ca understand it in a way they may not have been able to having just seen the original. This isn't an exception. While it was interesting to see Garner in a role we were meant to hate, the actors in this movie were fantastic. It had a simple humor to it, not shoved in your face and not so subtle that you don't catch it. Worth the watch if you're looking for a nice, funny movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 22, 2011
    Has so many things wrong with it that one can only stare at the screen in disbelief. [25 April, 2011 p. 89]
  2. Reviewed by: James White
    Apr 21, 2011
    Brand fan? You'll likely enjoy his antics. But Russellophobics would be better off seeking out the original.
    In Arthur, the spectacularly grating remake of Steve Gordon's 1981 P. G. Wodehouse simulation (this time, Peter Baynham miswrote, Jason Winer misdirected), Russell Brand gives a career-killing performance.