6.1

1. Jul 10, 2014
    Superb acting, great visual effects, decent story. It had some fun and dramatic scenes, but overall this was a boring movie to me. Great idea but with less fantasy it would've been much better. 7/10
  2. Jul 5, 2014
    What a beautiful movie. It's heartbreaking, it's visually fantastic and very curious. The acting is top-notch, the story is interesting and overall, a great film.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence 8/10.....................................................................................................................
  4. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad movie, just pointless. All the story is so unnatural, so forced. How the family reacts with the boy and the robot is without sense. I cant belive why that movie are so overrated.
  5. May 24, 2013
    Far from being the complete disaster of a movie that some would have you believe A.I certainly gets many things right. The plot, revolving around the ability to produce life-like artificial children, is certainly an interesting concept and the film does on occasions raise some interesting questions The performances, particularly from Hayley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense), are also very good.

As a result, despite coming across as a little disjointed in places, A.I is a more than passable piece of sci-fi for the much of its running time. Unfortunately many viewers will remember only the apparently rushed and poorly explained ending and the fact that Spielberg has gone online to help clear it up speaks volumes for how it was received.
  6. Feb 24, 2013
    A.I. is quite possibly the strangest and most disturbing movie I've ever seen. The special effects and the teddy bear were cool as hell, but the whole story was just freaking creepy.
  7. Feb 11, 2013
    There has been many topics on various forums debating whether this movie is a good one or not. I think it is! Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Kubrick explored the the possible consequences of humans creating robots, that mainly serve our different needs and desires (child like robots, prostitute or service robots...). We can see this future world through the eyes of a child robot named David, who wants to become "real" so that he can regain the love of his human "mother". This is where things get interesting, Many ethical questions arise: What does it mean to be "real" or alive? Does a robot has real feelings, soul, thoughts of his own? How do humans approach these artificial beings. Are they even beings or just objects? I think the director explored these ideas quiet well. The cinematography, and acting is really good. The future world is well thought out, Definitely worth a look, because sooner or later we need to face these questions in reality! Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2012
    Artificial Intelligence is a miscalculation, and we can probably attribute that because it was Stanley Kubrick's unfinished vision.
  9. Mar 2, 2012
    Brilliant movie. Kubrick's mind was a special place. And to have Speilberg finish his last project after death, is the combination of two of the most gifted visionaries in cinema. A futuristic tale of a robot boy programmed to love, seeks love and the "blue fairy," that will make him a real live boy.
  10. Dec 15, 2011
    Stephen Spielberg once again directs an excellent film, at least for the first half. The camera angles are beautifully positioned and the camera movements flow smoothly. Haley Joel Osment and Jude Law give terrific performances and the futuristic setting is entirely believable and well created. But for the majority of the second half, the film becomes tiresome. Every scene is filled with some implausible and unbelievable circumstance and the final ending almost seems as if Spielberg was attempting to give humanity a pat on the back for our "spirit" while ignoring our blood lust and violent nature. Then comes the resolution, which is simply horrendous. Spielberg introduces a new element to the plot as if trying to give homage to a truly great film from his past. Unfortunately, while the connection is seen, it is unrelatable and fails to enhance this film in any way. In fact, it becomes more of a detriment than anything else. Artificial Intelligence thus ways in as only slightly above average, entirely due to the first half of the film, and pales in comparison to Spielberg's true masterpieces. Expand
  11. Feb 19, 2011
    One of the best films I have ever seen. They could have cut the end back but what fantastic acting and thoughtful plots... I can't understand why someone
  12. Jan 5, 2011
    I thought it was a very strange film. I saw it when I was very young and I feel like someone was just trying to make another version of ET. It did however tug on the heart strings a bunch. But the end was just weird.

What we're left with -- Kubrick or no -- is a muddled, messy disaster of a film, something that seems more like a drastically edited miniseries, cut down to incomprehensible levels with whole sections missing.
  2. Pure magic, a three-act movie fantasy that transports us -- as the best films do -- to a world of its own, a place of ambiguous joy and delirious terror.
  3. Audiences may find that the deliberate, Kubrickesque pacing -- without his intellectual rigor -- causes them to tune out.