8.1

Sep 5, 2005
    Flawed, but decently entertaining, and sometimes it feels like an old-fashioned thriller. What's with the forest scene at the end, though?
  2. BrianJ.
    Jan 25, 2005
    The film looks really good and the performances are spot on. The locations and set are used well and special effects are not showy. A good engaging movie.
  3. SusanM.
    Jan 31, 2005
    I think this was a really good action movie, it was pretty much non-stop and had an excellent mix of characters. I would recommend it!!
  4. Illuminator
    Feb 6, 2005
    There's nothing about this movie you haven't seen before. it was ok to watch though. gotta love hawke's acting during the introduction. whenever i see fishburne i always get the morpheus aura.
  5. bobt
    Jan 21, 2005
    It was good.
  6. GregL
    Jan 26, 2005
    Good adrenaline movie. Nonstop action with some good surprises. Obviously with some Hollywood finesse thrown in but the bad guys being police made for some good extreme tactical action. Also had good twists of realistic "not everything is going to be ok" fate. Not for everyone but I was highly entertained.
  7. BenV
    Apr 10, 2005
    I agree with Spencer V on this one. Gotta love the dodging bullets part.... wait, wrong movie. Anyways, not as good as Pokemon The Movie, since they're the same type of movie, but it's well worth your time.
  8. Jose
    May 17, 2005
    Good movie, good action.
  9. BlackIce
    Jan 21, 2005
    Every one is comparing this to the classic, i am 16 and never knew about the old one but this is a great action film, and i like all the guns. this is worth seeing, but i do admit this isn't for everyone i think it is more aimed at the young adult adience.
  10. Billy
    Jan 22, 2005
    Very entertaining! Good story and great action. Go this this above all the other crap that's out there now.
  11. StanH.
    Jan 23, 2005
    WOW! I wasn't expecting this good of a movie. A throw back to the 1970's movies! ( yes I know its a remakeof a 1976 Carpenter Classic) Hollywood did a great remake for the first time in years! I can't remember the last time a movie gave me such a surprise...And that's a good thing.
  12. spencerv
    Jan 27, 2005
    I liked this movie. Finally a realistic action movie. Very good but it was hard to get the morphues image out of your head. Just doge the bullets Morphues!
  13. vinny
    Jan 29, 2005
    This move is cool...SEE IT!
  14. GrahamM.
    Dec 17, 2005
    What is good and redeeming about this film is the atmosphere and mood. Feels almost like it could be a horror film. Some of this film has the atmosphere of and could remind some of the game Resident Evil 2.
  15. Oct 26, 2014
    The movie is not original but he's still watchable.Ethan Hawke is not at his best but he delivers the best performance with Fishburne.The strong element of the movie is the atmosphere but,unfortunately, the director of the movie can't make us feel the atmosphere of the movie.The movie is predictable but there is a twist who is better than the entire movie.

1. The 1976 John Carpenter original has been reworked enough to give the urban thriller a distinct flavor of its own, and stars Ethan Hawke and Laurence Fishburne provide enough gravitas to keep things involving.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    In an era when similar genre pics increasingly resemble videogames, musicvideos or glossy commercials, the blunt, brawny simplicity of helmer Jean-Francois Richet's storytelling style seems positively novel.
  3. It's simply an astringent action flick that uses the wounded sensitivity of Ethan Hawke and Fishburne's witty hauteur to give the shoot-'em-up scenes some juice.