• Studio:
  • Release Date: May 10, 2013
6.6

1. Feb 15, 2014
    I was shocked. Really shocked. I can't even believe how shocked I was. The film was not terrible, nor good but actually DECENT. With that being said, Uwe has made a film that I found to be occasionally good. It had It's flaws, but after viewing this you can't help but to nod and say "Congratulations".
  2. Jan 1, 2014
    This movie makes a good point, we shouldn't let these holes play with our money and economy. There should really be a huge hit on how much they can money they can risk. If so then we can give them a piece of our minds show em that this isn't a game.
  3. Dec 9, 2013
    Why are these type of movies even allowed to be released. Killing everyone related to certain profession because one or two of them were reason of his bad investment. Unbelievable How could people even find entertainment in watching a guy shoot random peoples?
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I could not believe it was made by the director who is famous for his crap movies. When he had the most popular names in his kit, he gave nonsense movie 'In the Name of King'. For me 'Rampage' was his best movie though it was only okay type. I thought he could never make a better movie than that but surprised me and everybody with this. Yeah I liked it very much, the movie with not much famous actors in it which is almost a B movie. The 'Prison Break' actor gave the brilliant performance. The character like his are quite famous nowadays like one from the 'Death Race' who loses everything and go after for who did it.

Jim is a lower middle class family lives with his beloved wife Rosie. Rosie is a sick and need to be treated every day. The income won't pay for their required costly medicines but theirs invest in the stock market do. They are happy until the market begins to crash which forces them to lose everything they had. Now Jim is clueless about his future, as an ex military man he takes the law in hand to avenge his loss. How he does and who are all his victims are the remaining.

I presumed it would be a drama like 'Wall Street' duology but I am glad it was different. There are some flaws in the story, like his targets for revenge were so stupid. You can't just pick everybody to avenge for your downfall. The end shootout scene was so silly. Shooting everyone including innocents who come across is brainless who call himself 'the fighter' for poor people. As a movie it is entertaining, but if you compare it to reality it is so stupid. All the above leaving hint to return in a sequel was really not a cool. This movie is purely for an entertainment and don't overlook more than that.
  5. Dec 2, 2013
    Assault On Wall Street is nothing like you expect it to be, at least not until the last 15 minutes. Jim Baxford (Dominic Purcell) is a normal, hard working, family man, until his wife gets sick. Through a series of hardships Jim and his family go bankrupt, leading to an unspeakable act, that causes Jim to lose control. This film had all the makings of a terrific action movie, but that's not what we got. For over an hour, we watch the story of Jim's life slowly pass us by. What should have taken 25 minutes, takes up almost the entirety of the film, it was absolutely ridiculous! We meet Jim and his family, see what the issues are, and then, nothing for quite a while. Prison Break's Dominic Purcell stars in this thing and he is one of the best young action stars they could have gotten to star in this movie. It just really drives me crazy to see how obtuse the writers of these films can be. The lead character was cast, almost to perfection, while at the same time, you have a relatively good story to build upon, yet the film goes nowhere! By the time anything actually happened here, I was already fed up and disinterested. Assault On Wall Street looked like it was going to be a can't miss action/thriller. Instead, bad directing and perfectionist writers just completely destroy everything they have going for them and deliver a film that eventually becomes unwatchable. Expand
  6. Aug 3, 2013
    excellent movie, hit on all points of the wall street mafia criminals who suck-up wealth from the entire American population. confiscation of Americans wealth thru printing of paper money-inflation-graduated tax system-- ensure the u.s. private central bank (federal 'reserve) get more and more of American's earnings. the terrorists live on wall street and in the fed bank and quietly kill many American's thru confiscation and theft of American's wealth. but that is ok...they usually do not use guns in your face but use computer systems and political spin. no blood on the street, so, no crime, eh?
    great, great movie....material that mainstream-production studios, tied to the white house, know better than to touch, as do 'a' list movie stars. all actors-actresses had guts being in this movie...THEY are patriots. the wall streeters are terrorists and traitors against America. they will burn it all down. this movie points the way and yes, you too, are in for it. just wait. in 10 years kids, your dollars will buy little to nothing.
    we knew, we knew, we knew, main street critics would hate hate hate this movie!!! knew it. it exposes the white asses of their masters, the wall street boys and the fed bank boys. look for more 'independent' movies like this AND expect the same reviews by main stream critics....the main stream critics must slam movies like these....their masters order them and pay them well to slam it. hey critic boys, you and your masters will lose. we will bring you down.
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a movie with an heartbreaking and touching beginning, where you see a realistic drop of someone who lose everything. Then, it becomes a movie full of free violence, presenting people getting killed only. The fact is, in the first and the second act, the movie tries to bring an intelligent point of view in interesting ways. In the third act, they try to brainwash you in a way too clear for me to just accept it. The part where the CEO just admits he's the bad one and that he just laugh at poor people without remorse was just too much. Expand
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    to call this movie crap is to give it a high praise
    Its about five year too late for the party discussing the theft of funds by bankers
    it shows killing of a whole office full of people based on the dislike of a company... and not in a comical Terentino fashion as a climax to this mess.
  9. Jul 6, 2013
    At first: I hate Uwe Boll for what he usually does and creates with a passion. BUT this movie was actually pretty interesting and decent. Believable characters, interesting story, heck even the soundtrack had something! Especially John Heard, Erin Karpluk and Dominic Purcell sold me on their characters. I have to agree that the ending is a bit "I don't think it would be this way", but hey the rest was as I said pretty decent. So as much as it hurts me, I have to give this movie a 8, because I wasn't bored a second while watching it while the ending being the only little downside of it. Expand
  10. May 28, 2013
    Good god man... it's an action/revenge movie. It's not supposed to get great scores... but if this is what you're looking for I give it a "9". Again, only if this is what you're looking for.

The build-up they give you for revenge fodder is fantastic... the main character is a badass and the underlying message is anti-capitalism and shows you just how powerless honest working people are.
    The great part about the main character are his responses in the movie, he's a simple honest working man and has the simplicity of Rambo.

If you're pissed off because the economy and politics this will help relax you. To be honest I'm not sure how they got away with doing this movie. I loved it, for what it was, not what it could be.

A few gripes that could have made it better:
    - a little more dialogue with the main character (i.e. when he's getting the shaft from the lawyer)
    - perhaps a bit more artistic license from the perspective of the main character and how he's feeling.

The speech by Mr. Corporate at the end was a shocker, again, how the hell did they get away with this. Surprised it wasn't banned.
  11. May 13, 2013
    This film is a nice movie, have a contemporary approach to social problems, have in mind the low budget too, you cant expect the lord of the rings with a budget like this. may sound dangerous but is a cathartic experience. A must see for reflexion
  12. May 12, 2013
    I wonder if people actually watch this movie before writing bad reviews I just saw this movie, and found it to be very good. I think what people expect nowadays is big holly wood explosions, and computer graphics In this movie the acting is solid, and the plot is plausible, and the ending is surprising Truth is you owe it to yourself not to listen to paid critics whom may or may not have an agenda Rate it for yourself you won't be disappointed Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Gary Goldstein
    May 9, 2013
    It's not the worst idea for a revenge fantasy, but Jim's payback is so lacking in logic and reality, not to mention tension, that it proves more laughable than cathartic.
  2. Reviewed by: Gabe Toro
    May 9, 2013
    What’s obnoxious is that it’s never in doubt where Assault On Wall Street is headed, and it seems to believe there’s a certain poetry to taking its time turning Baxford into a non-verbal Travis Bickle.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Scherstuhl
    May 8, 2013
    An hour of these repetitive, predictable disasters should wear down all but the most bailout-hating viewers.