5.7

1. Sep 15, 2014
    I honestly do not know why, but I expected it to be a movie ... not too good ... but I was wrong. Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga are two good actors, very good even. I did not expect to be so nice.
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    George Hartman & Edith Martin are strangers that mildly fight in a parking lot of Middleton University. While both are trying to bond with their kids, they are mocking each other, they wind up in agreement at first, then falling in love with each other. "At Middleton" is basically about a man and a woman in love, it is beautifully crafted, sugared and touching. Both Gracia & Farmiga areGeorge Hartman & Edith Martin are strangers that mildly fight in a parking lot of Middleton University. While both are trying to bond with their kids, they are mocking each other, they wind up in agreement at first, then falling in love with each other. "At Middleton" is basically about a man and a woman in love, it is beautifully crafted, sugared and touching. Both Gracia & Farmiga are outstanding, and as for the kids they are noticeable too. I liked how it is a normal Rom-Com which makes it a treasure today. This is not a flawless film, it goes, for me, down the hill near the end, it becomes silly & unbelievable which was a rapid improbable change that I didn't like. As for the ending it is satisfying and heartbreaking. "At Middleton" is something that doesn't happen recently, so I will be glad to say it is marvelous filmmaking with strong performances and relatable characters. Loved it. Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2014
    I didn't expect it to be this good. Andy Garcia and Vera Varmiga chemistry is off the chart. They are the soul of the movie. Beautiful background is a big plus too and it blends well with the theme of the story. Well-crafted with A-class performance. This movie is simply beautiful.

1. Reviewed by: Susan Wloszczyna
    Jan 31, 2014
    At Middleton is the just the sort of trite if inoffensive diversion that barely tiptoes into theaters before landing in the cable and video-on-demand listings.
  2. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Jan 30, 2014
    Though it's fun to watch Garcia let out his inner goofball, the jewels in the crown of At Middleton are the dynamic sisters Farmiga.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Jan 30, 2014
    Adam Rodgers’ debut feature is a painless enough diversion, but novel ideas and humor beyond mild chuckles are in scant supply.