5.5

1. Dec 10, 2013
    ATM is very reminiscent of classic horror movies such as The Shining, Halloween, and Misery and seems to draw from modern successes such as The Strangers and The Collector. The film is simple, which clearly works to it's advantage. There is, thankfully, no nudity or vast amounts of unneeded gore or profanity either. It is clear and to the point, three victims trapped in extreme conditions by a mysterious killer.

Honestly, my wife and I loved this film despite the extremely low and negative reviews it has been given. Furthermore, I'd probably place ATM as one of my top 15 favorite horror films. It's all here, good acting, tense scenarios, suspense, action, horror, and intrigue. The film doesn't draw anything out and flows extremely well from beginning to end. We even found ourselves actually liking the characters!

If you like movies with extreme conditions, survival, horror elements, scarcity of unneeded gore and profanity, and a straightforward plot, look no further. ATM satisfies its purpose. A highly engaging and entertaining film.
  2. Aug 5, 2012
    For all of the negative reviews, let me just say that this is a very entertaining thriller, and it was interesting to see Josh Peck in a thriller, and the part he played was different, but he did well. The movie is somewhat scary because many people can relate to that type of situation, ATMs are scary places at night. I'm not gonna spoil anything but I will say that the reason it didn't get a 10 from me is the ending. It wasn't the best ending I have seen, but not the worst either. If you are looking for an entertains movie as a time waster, then this is the perfect movie for you,but if you are looking for a very logical movie with a big twist, then watch something else. I enjoyed it though, and I would probably enjoy a sequel. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Boyd van Hoeij
    Apr 11, 2012
    Seems assembled from autopilot thriller material, with most of the dull dialogue devoted to plugging potential plot holes rather than anything resembling logic.
  2. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Apr 8, 2012
    As with so many films of this ilk, plot holes and inconsistencies abound, with audiences likely to express in loudly vocal fashion their opinions about what the characters should or shouldn't be doing.
  3. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Apr 6, 2012
    Maybe DVDs of "Buried" and ATM will be sold in the same package someday. You could call it a trapped-in-a-box set.