Austin Powers in Goldmember

6.7

1. AnnaR.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Really great movie. I loved Fat B*****d, Mini Me played a great part when he moved to the good side, Beyonce and of course, Mike Myers. [***SPOILERS***] I loved the fight scene between Mini Me (who wanted to tell Austin he turned to the good side) and Austin! Really recommend this movie!
  2. RobertH.
    Jul 30, 2002
    Howard M relax. This flick was nothing more than a good natured satire of today's Pepsi Twist world. If you look closely you could see the commercials written all over this. This movie was not intended to stimulate our intellect. It is tongue in cheek good fun using juvenile toilet humor. Take it for what it is. Yeah baby!
  3. TonyB.
    Aug 2, 2002
    Too funny. Like "Something About Mary" there will be those who love it and those who deplore it (not much in the middle). I laughed more during this movie than any in a long time. All the surprises were great! Yeah, Baby, Yeeaahh.
  4. BrianP.
    Aug 8, 2002
    Not nearly as good as the first two films. After the second one, I knew Mike Myers was running out of ideas. This confirmed my suspicions. There were opportunities for very funny sequences, like when Dr. Evil and Mini-Me are in prison, but Myers took the easy way out, going for cheap gags and giving the audience a product of questionable quality. Michael Caine and Robert Wagner were very Not nearly as good as the first two films. After the second one, I knew Mike Myers was running out of ideas. This confirmed my suspicions. There were opportunities for very funny sequences, like when Dr. Evil and Mini-Me are in prison, but Myers took the easy way out, going for cheap gags and giving the audience a product of questionable quality. Michael Caine and Robert Wagner were very neglected. There were parts that I found very funny, but there were too many parts that were, quite simply, bad. Expand
  5. TimA.
    Sep 20, 2002
    Now this is what you call a movie. The funniest of all. Mike Myers is the funniest guy, should get an award!
  6. SamM.
    Aug 10, 2003
    Very good film , very shagadelic. i like it i like it a lot.
  7. ErikaM.
    Nov 10, 2002
    I thought this movie was great. maybe not the funniest Austin Powers movie but defienitly good. i laughed the whole time!
  8. JonahB.
    Jul 28, 2002
    Goldmember is, while not a comic goldmine like 'Shrek' or 'Meet the Parents', the best Austin Powers movie to date. Anyway, the first ten minutes alone is worth the price of your ticket.
  9. U.S.
    I like it! Yeah baby!
  10. JeffM.
    Aug 16, 2002
    Essentially a do-over of the second one with the addition of a few characters. Myers is clearly having a ball expanding these characters each time out, and he wins you over with his I-don't-care-if-you-find-this-funny-but-everyone-on-the-set-is-pissing-themselves-laughing style of humour.
  11. RobertB.
    Aug 3, 2002
    It was a funny, funny movie that i laughed to until the end. Funnier and more original than the first two. Be sure to watch this movie!
  12. JangoF.
    Aug 4, 2002
    So funny, in a stupid sort of way. But that's the point.
  13. Jkasound
    Aug 4, 2002
    Even when he reuses jokes he gets a joke out of the reuse! Brilliant
  14. NigelP.
    Sep 2, 2002
    This is the funniest movie of all time. Period. I love the Austin Powers movies especially because of their careful use of shadows and object placement to create hilarious gags. Awesome movie, the rap video is FREAKING HILARIOUS! THE FUNNIEST MOMENT IN MOVIE HISTORY! If you STILL haven't seen this movie, then go see it. NOW!!!!
  15. Lyndsey
    Sep 6, 2002
    Fun, funny, worth seeing.
  16. JacobH.
    Oct 8, 2003
    AWESOME.
  17. R.Dalvi
    Apr 23, 2006
    Painfully and outrageously funny. Mini Me, Austin and Dr. Evil are the best characters already. Now, Number 3, Nigel Powers and Goldmember join the list. The starting sequence is the best.
  18. Missy
    Oct 11, 2002
    It rules.
  19. BenH.
    Dec 5, 2002
    Hilariously funny, unless your the type to take offense to something thats not incredibly original. This movie is a comedy and trust me you will laugh. If you dont- kill yourself cause you obviously have no sense of humor and whats life without a sense of humor? Mike Myers is a comic genius!!!!
  20. BennO.
    Oct 9, 2002
    I think this a great movie, but i'm sad to say that the 2nd one was better. Well who can't love an Austin Powers movie.
  21. LaurenD.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Groovy! A good light-hearted film. Lots of laughs and fun. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, so those who do take it too seriously (hmm CRITICS) wouldn't like it. If you have any sense of humor at all you'll like this movie a lot!
  22. TomJ.
    Jul 26, 2002
    I was laughing just as hard as ever in this one. Myers knew he had to throw a few surprises to keep everyone on their toes, and he kept me laughing through the entire movie.
  23. AppleH.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah baby, Austin is back along with his lovable nemesis, Dr. Evil, Mini-Me, Fat Bastard and all the rest. If you want to shag a good time for all, then this is the flick for you. Yeah baby lots of laughs!
  24. StanleyC.
    Groovy Baby.
  25. Rob
    Jul 29, 2002
    The first ten minutes will have you laughing hysterically, using many A-list actors, actresses, a singer (no, she doesn't count as an actress) and even a director. After the plot begins to unfold, there is awkward period of about ten minutes where not much is happening...but I got over it. If you can get over the general lack of a plot and accept this film for what it is - a The first ten minutes will have you laughing hysterically, using many A-list actors, actresses, a singer (no, she doesn't count as an actress) and even a director. After the plot begins to unfold, there is awkward period of about ten minutes where not much is happening...but I got over it. If you can get over the general lack of a plot and accept this film for what it is - a brilliant, immature, toilet-humored comedy - then you will absolutely love this movie. The expanded role of Mini-Me makes this movie a blast. The only problem is that Mini-Me is getting more screen time at the expense of Dr. Evil. Don't fret - his lines are as memorable in this issues as they were in the first two. And, who can forget Fat Bastard?? The larda$$ makes his presence felt in more ways than one. Expand
  26. RaymondS.
    Jul 30, 2002
    That was the funniest sh.. I have ever seen. It made me laugh so hard I couldn't even breathe. I thought I was going to die.
  27. KellyE.
    GREAT MOVIE!!!
  28. EricS.
    Aug 10, 2002
    As an astute filmgoer, I was shocked to discover how much I loved "Goldmember." The reason the potty humor scenes work is because they're played by loveable characters. The first fifteen minutes of star cameos are as funny as anything Mike Myers has ever written. Not a great movie, but a hilarious and jovial one.
  29. JayD.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Another hilarious entry -- of course its utterly stupid and rehashed; thats the point.
  30. HubbaBee
    Aug 12, 2002
    This is the first Austin Powers movie I've seen. I went into it thinking it was going to be just plain silly and stupid. Which it was. But there was a creative cleverness about it especially in the opening sequence and some of the dancing and singing. I could have done without the ultra crude juvenile parts however. Too much reference to body parts and their functions. But what would This is the first Austin Powers movie I've seen. I went into it thinking it was going to be just plain silly and stupid. Which it was. But there was a creative cleverness about it especially in the opening sequence and some of the dancing and singing. I could have done without the ultra crude juvenile parts however. Too much reference to body parts and their functions. But what would the movie have been like without that? Expand
  31. SteveK.
    Aug 20, 2002
    I just laughed my way through this movie with friends then spent the rest of the evening rehashing the funny parts (of which there were ample) and laughing again. What a great time. I was primed for a movie that was just a rehashing of the other two. I was not prepared for the completely original ways in which the earlier films were spoofed. Far from running on bad ideas (or running out I just laughed my way through this movie with friends then spent the rest of the evening rehashing the funny parts (of which there were ample) and laughing again. What a great time. I was primed for a movie that was just a rehashing of the other two. I was not prepared for the completely original ways in which the earlier films were spoofed. Far from running on bad ideas (or running out of ideas), Myers is working with his creative juices at full froth. This movie is full of the same kind of satire that makes The Simpsons work. I cannot recall how many films and themes were spoofed overtly or subtlely but the humor seemed to come at a steady pace throughout the movie. I am always surprised at how some people do not like the things that make me laugh a lot. I don't think my father would like this movie unless I was there to point out why it was being funny. But if you are tuned into the frequency of humor of the AP series, it doesn't get much better. Well worth the cost of the babysitter for us. Collapse
  32. APFan
    Aug 3, 2002
    Mike Meyers is a comedic genius. This is possibly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen-- as good as AP 1 & 2 combined. Granted, some jokes were not funny. But what is funny is what matters. I was laughing through most of the movie, I loved it...definitely a summer must see.
  33. MatthewS.
    Aug 4, 2002
    The latest "Powers" movie just works--it's stupid but funny, which is all that you would expect anyway. A vast improvement on the second--and you have to love the way the movie sends up itself as much as it does everything else.
  34. AlishaV.
    Aug 5, 2002
    There was so much of the other two movies in this one. The same jokes just altered a bit. On the whole though I laughed like an idiot through this movie and would recommend it to anyone. Michael Caine is wonderful and Beynonce Knowles is pretty good in her own right.
  35. EricC.
    Jan 16, 2003
    I think it was pretty good and it shouldn't be rated under a 6. It still could have been better if they had used a few clips from the deleted scenes which were pretty funny and/or original. Buy the DVD....NOW!
  36. RachaelP.
    Apr 30, 2004
    One of the funniest and BEST movies i've seen (that includes the whole series)...but it's definitely my favorite!!!
  37. AndrewM.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Myers is even sillier in this third AP installment, but again he gets away with it because he is simply so original and naturally funny. What I like about this film, as with the previous ones, is that you never know where it's going (heck, I doubt Myers did at times), which just seems to give it that exciting edge, a perfect balance for the blitz of comic inanity hurled at the Myers is even sillier in this third AP installment, but again he gets away with it because he is simply so original and naturally funny. What I like about this film, as with the previous ones, is that you never know where it's going (heck, I doubt Myers did at times), which just seems to give it that exciting edge, a perfect balance for the blitz of comic inanity hurled at the viewer. It's mostly outlandish, at times mildly disconcerting, against-the-odds inimitable, without doubt shrewd, and most important of all - just damn hilarious! Expand
  38. Mike
    Feb 14, 2005
    Best austin powers movie out of the 3! Very funny!
  39. AlexG.
    Apr 14, 2008
    What a riot! just as good as ever before if not better (actually not as good as the second one) but this is hilarious Goldmember stealing the show with his whitty accent and disgusting habits...it's just a shame it looks like the end for them or is it? Scott is after Austin now.
  40. Kong
    Dec 28, 2002
    This is the only Austin Powers movie that i could seriously laugh at, because everyone was quoting all of the lines from the first two before I had even seen it. While others might not think its as funny as the last two I'd have to go out on a limb and say 4 Mike Myers characters are better than 3.
  41. J.R.
    Dec 29, 2002
    Great this isn't, but it has a certain charm about it.
  42. BrianK.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Hilarious as always, the Austin Powers series is still the best comedy series ever! Though this one is a bit more inconsistent with the laughs than the two previous, and I did not like goldmembers character much, the audience though younger than me did not ever laugh at this bawdy, skin-eaters inane lines, though Mike Caine was a nice edition, still there were parts in this movie that put Hilarious as always, the Austin Powers series is still the best comedy series ever! Though this one is a bit more inconsistent with the laughs than the two previous, and I did not like goldmembers character much, the audience though younger than me did not ever laugh at this bawdy, skin-eaters inane lines, though Mike Caine was a nice edition, still there were parts in this movie that put me in tears while laughing myself silly, this one really pushes the envelope in the gross-out factor and almost treads into R territory in some parts with its low brow humor! which is genius! there is a lot that has been done before here, but just enough inovative stuff crammed into it to once again make this movie a grand, fresh affair...look out for lots of hilarious cameos! I won't ruin the surprises it's TOO good! Expand
    Jul 27, 2002
    The best, funniest movie of the trilogy of Austin Powers. Best movie of the summer. YEAH BABY!
  44. MikeyM.
    Jul 31, 2002
    Laugh out loud fun, will make you forget all your worries for an Hour and a half at least. Sure, some of the stuff is covered over again but it's hit more than miss. I haven't laughed this much in a long time.
  45. AaronE.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This film does a pretty good job of living up to the Austin Powers reputation for a gut busting comedy full of Toilet humor. The movie starts of great, followed by a 20 min. drought of nothing, but picks back up to be one of the funniest movies yet.
  46. KTM.
    Aug 28, 2002
    This is the best movie by far in the Austin Powers trilogy. I've already seen it three times and I'm still not tired of it. Mike Myers is a comic genius--Austin is shagadelic as usual, Dr. Evil has never been so funny, Goldmember is odd but grew on me and Fat Bastard is gross and hilarious with his extensive talks of his waste. I loved every gag!
  47. KatieM.
    Jun 24, 2003
    I thought this movie was awesome! I would have to say Austin Powers is the only series that gets better as it goes. I can't go through a day without quoting the movie in some way. My day just wouldn't be as fun without a quote from Austin Powers: Goldmemeber.
  48. AnnaG.
    Jul 26, 2003
    Absolute fun and grooviness! It is an excellent movie and I could watch it for days over and over again.
  49. JacquelineR.
    Sep 11, 2003
    This was a super hilarious movie, where I laughed outloud so many times, that I lost count!!!
  50. JayH
    Aug 27, 2009
    It's hard not to laugh at a lot of the material, it is so delightfully over the top, it's very entertaining and enjoyable. The appearance by major stars in cameo's is a great plus. Hilarious!
  51. Dec 15, 2011
    This is the best Austin Powers yet. It grabs your attention because of not only the great performances, but also the random comedy. The ending may surprise you.
  52. Dec 25, 2012
    Austin Powers Goldmember is one of the funniest f- - -ing movies of all time. And is the best James Bond parody to date.
  53. Sep 26, 2015
    Unconventionally silly, dazzlingly hilarious and packed to the brim with innuendo and a variety of jokes. Gold member is the best out of the trilogy and is one of the funniest movies of all time.
  54. Mar 8, 2014
    Mike Myers reprising his role as Austin Powers now in a new era can be considered to have good laughs and reoccurring incidents that prove to be a significant improvement from the second.

1. The latest installment in the Austin Powers series has stopped making much sense at all, but it sure gets its giggle on, and good.
  2. Goldmember comes after years of escalating vulgarity have thrown the need for caution -- and cleverness -- out of fashion.
    The gifted Myers lets his once and (I hope) future shag king get lost in an elephantine Hollywood franchise. The first time was the charm, baby.