7.6

1. Sep 22, 2013
    Austin Powers is just simply a fun movie that will make you smile for its entire runtime and will not let you go. Myers is the man here, with his off-kilter Jim Carey persona and his cheesy catchphrases, and he really plays the character well here.
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    now thats what I call a comedy classic
  3. Oct 22, 2011
    If Austin Powers contains your sort of humour, which it does in my case, this is the most fun you'll ever have with any movie. Must-watch for everybody who loves comedy.
  4. Sep 9, 2012
    When you stumble across a comedy so full of unique humour, the story needn't have to make sense, which makes Austin Powers a perfect concoction of laughter
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    The sexual jokes in "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" will provide you a new eyesight of comedy...the naked way. However, that's the only bland jokes the movie pertains to have.
  6. Dec 15, 2011
    With great performances by Mike Myers and a lot of funny moments, this is a great comedy. It does have a few moments where it doesn't make sense though.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the funniest movie of all time. I heard this movie was made to watch tripping so I recently watched on it magic mushrooms and the rumor is true.
  8. Oct 26, 2010
    i remember seeing this with a bunch of friends and us all having a good laugh at its redicualasness . myers spoof of the bond franchise was well done especialy his dr evil charicter who is the one who really steels the movie . i wached it not long ago again after along time having not seen it and it doesnt feel like it held up well but im giving this review as to how i felt when i first saw it.
  9. Dec 12, 2011
    It was rather corny at times but it was a good parody and Mike Myers played his role perfectly. It was quite hilarious as well and well worth the watch.
  10. j30
    Jan 26, 2012
    Not nearly as funny as the trailers made it out to be. There's good material here don't get me wrong i just feel that Mike Myers' characters stretch thin in a full movie format, maybe in an 5 minute SNL skit these characters would materialize better.
  11. Apr 8, 2012
    Alotta **** Need I say more? The first film in the Austin Powers series, "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" sets the tone in a amusingly camp and whimsical way for the preceding sequels. Mike Myers does what Eddie Murphy largely failed to do in "The Nutty Professor" or "Norbit" - that being portraying multiple characters who both DON'T outshine the other and provide equal amountAlotta **** Need I say more? The first film in the Austin Powers series, "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" sets the tone in a amusingly camp and whimsical way for the preceding sequels. Mike Myers does what Eddie Murphy largely failed to do in "The Nutty Professor" or "Norbit" - that being portraying multiple characters who both DON'T outshine the other and provide equal amount of laughs. Although there are a lot of references to 1960 spy flicks (namely the Bond pictures) anybody who enjoys a good comedy will adore this movie. Expand
  12. Jul 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery is an extremely funny movie. The plot is good, and Mike Myers does a great job playing both Austin and Dr. Evil. You laugh so much during the movie. My favorite parts were the elevator/stair scene and Allota Also, when Austin is escaping the water and just stands there making jokes about the guard. This movie is a MUST see! Expand
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    Mike Myers as the Groovy Austin Powers is a riot. This spoof of spy movies is certainly a relief. You see so many spy movies these days, some are almost a repeat of the same stuff. So when you see A spoof of movies that so many make, you can only kick back, relax and enjoy.
  14. Aug 31, 2014
    Too few chuckles to make up for the mess of a movie. Mike Myers clearly finds himself much funnier than he actually is--I don't care how many different roles he can commit to.

Piddling spoof.
    Myers has hit upon a genuinely original schtick, and that fact alone is immeasurably groovy.
  3. What's really fun about this silly but spirited comedy isn't just the ribbing of "swinging London" fashion and social attitudes but the use of the compulsive zooms and split-screen mosaics of commercial movies of the 60s.