Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: August 13, 2004
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 248 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeJan 3, 2017
Alien vs. Predator is just a big letdown for those that wanted both 20th Century Fox franchises to clash down ever since the beginning of the fight since 1990.
leofromthedarkDec 27, 2016
I never thought I could dislike an Alien movie but unfortunately this movie exists. This movie somehow takes two of the most iconic movie monsters ever and makes them dull and uninteresting but still exhilarating compared to cardboard humanI never thought I could dislike an Alien movie but unfortunately this movie exists. This movie somehow takes two of the most iconic movie monsters ever and makes them dull and uninteresting but still exhilarating compared to cardboard human characters in this movie. The plot is horribly bland and the lack of any good character development is a big blow. Not the mention the choppy directing which just comes off as just plain ugly. Do yourself a favour and skip this one. Expand
Meth-dudeFeb 22, 2016
This is a good example of how a PG-13 can ruin a movie.It had a good premise, good enough acting and could have been a wonderful gory movie for every horror fans.even though it was not as bloody as it should've been, it was still entertaining.
KadeemluvmusicJul 25, 2015
I played a lot of AVP video games (including the 2010 reboot), but turning it into a movie just would've been good if Sigourney Weaver and/or Arnold Schwarzenegger came back and kill each other. Unfortunately, what I got was a bad example ofI played a lot of AVP video games (including the 2010 reboot), but turning it into a movie just would've been good if Sigourney Weaver and/or Arnold Schwarzenegger came back and kill each other. Unfortunately, what I got was a bad example of video game movies and that anybody could care less about the sort-of spinoff of two iconic sci-fi franchises pitting two villains in one stupid ass blockbuster. Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? Aliens vs. Predator is by far one of my absolute distaste of crappy video game movies. Expand
TrilobiteGJun 13, 2015
Ok, this is a dumb movie. A very silly dumb action horror awesome fest of a movie. I mean, what the hell were you expecting? Of course, the acting is not perfect and the characters are disposable, but did anyone want deep characters in a filmOk, this is a dumb movie. A very silly dumb action horror awesome fest of a movie. I mean, what the hell were you expecting? Of course, the acting is not perfect and the characters are disposable, but did anyone want deep characters in a film like this. Of course, I am taking points off for the completely rushed feeling plot line with little explanation, but for a monster on monster flick, it delivers fast paced intensity with just the right balance of gore and not so bad acting to not be sharknado. Get a few mates over and watch this over a bowl of popcorn, it'll be a blast. Expand
SethEvandorMay 31, 2015
I don't get it. (spoilers ahead)

I don't get it. (spoilers ahead)

I can get behind the setting, I can get behind why the temple exists, why the predators are going there, why there are weapons there... But for some reason this all has to be explained, every single bit of it and the movie has to waste time doing it. They could of just added some narration at the beginning and ending of the movie, instead of having the characters tell us themselves. Some guy read heiroglyphs and the story behind the temple and why aliens vs predators happens is explained, long before the movie is even over. Having all the whole "........................................................................................................................... what are they? ............................................................................................................" thing with the predator weapons was unnecessary, I was bored stiff, I didn't know what I was watching, what the point of this was, and the weapons didn't really look scary and they just looked so... plastic? What was that scene about? Why was it so prolonged? Am I supposed to be looking at the cool smoke? It's obvious they are predator weapons! We don't care about the small talk and pointless stuff the scientists do, but we see them taking this trip, explaining what is going on, setting up equipment, going down there, and finding the weapons, and it could of just been 5 minutes long.

The whole shifting temple thing isn't tense, I just felt they weren't in imminent danger. You know there are predators, but the aliens are the scary ones. Then there is the "which side are you gonna take" thing, which I didn't get. We don't know the predator and it serves as a barrier to the **** plot which involves the human teaming up with the predator by gaining it's respect... or trust? or did it just think the human was useful?

I loved the whole ritual chamber thing with the eggs and facehuggers. The scene where they watch the predator mark itself is awesome. The plot would of been great if it were an Indiana Jones movie, but it wasn't and I didn't even care when the characters got hurt or if they died. We know the humans are in a death trap and most of them are probably all going to die. I wanted to see the awesome action. The end of the queen is basically crap, it's not exciting. I thought is that really it? It was. The movie should of took all the focus off the humans, they are the cattle, they are the prey. It's a shame since I think the aliens vs predator action and the directing overall was incredibly well done, but there is so little action action and the human + predator thing wasn't good.

Basically they took aliens, predator and **** it all up.
MentalVortexApr 30, 2015
Just an all around good action flick, nothing more. The Predators' "human" interaction with the main character was well done and keeps you emotionally invested.
MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
lien Vs. Predator is a gimmick - an all-too-blatant attempt to lure fanboys away from their computer games and into theaters. It's not likely that the movie will be of great interest to anyone else, except perhaps as a curiosity. As anlien Vs. Predator is a gimmick - an all-too-blatant attempt to lure fanboys away from their computer games and into theaters. It's not likely that the movie will be of great interest to anyone else, except perhaps as a curiosity. As an attempt to revive two flagging franchises, the film succeeds in reminding us of how far they have fallen. Sure, the Aliens in Alien Vs. Predator look just like their Aliens counterparts, but gone is the creepy terror they once produced. And, compared to the hunter of Predator, the creatures in this movie turn out to be pushovers.

As promised by the title, the movie does indeed feature battles between Aliens and Predators, although you have to wait until the final 30 minutes to get to that point. And, by then, due in large part to poor direction and non-existent character development, you may be asleep. Helmsman Paul W. S. Anderson (not to be confused with Paul Thomas Anderson - this is the Resident Evil/Event Horizon guy) has no grasp of why the first two Alien movies and the original Predator were successful - atmosphere and pacing. Alien Vs. Predator has neither. It drags interminably, and a lot of the scenes are too murky to see anything. Anderson tries to copy some of the things done by Ridley Scott, John McTiernan, and James Cameron, but his second-rate imitations do little more than emphasize the chasm that exists between him and his more accomplished predecessors.

The movie offers little in the way of interesting revelations, other than a couple of nods to established Alien and Predator continuity. The highlights of the production, at least for its core audience, are the battle scenes. Unfortunately, they're disappointing. Instead of being on a grand scale, they're usually one-on-one struggles, and they typically don't last very long. Plus, the camera work and editing are so shoddy that it's sometimes impossible to figure out what's going on. And, since our "rooting interest" is supposed to lie with the plastic, one-dimensional humans, we're forced to see them get involved when we would rather just watch the two ugly extraterrestrial species go at it. The ending isn't any less credible than the rest of the film, but the "surprise" coda is so silly and expected that it has no shock value whatsoever.

The film is critic-proof and it will find an audience, but it's hard to imagine even the film's target demographic (teenage boys) being overly enthusiastic about the product. It's disposable entertainment of the worst kind, and its first-weekend popularity will be a testimony to how low our standards of suitable movie-making have fallen. Alien Vs. Predator has no characters and no story. But it has name recognition, and, in today's market, that's often more important. Plus, it's rated PG-13 (although one can quibble with that - there's quite a bit of blood and gore to be found, making one wonder exactly where the dividing line between PG-13 and R is). Time will tell whether this is the last time the Aliens and Predators grace the screen, but, based on what's in evidence here, if they return again to tussle, I'll find something better to do with my time.
BrandonBonaseraFeb 7, 2015
Alien vs. Predator is a dumb disappointment, but it was still, in my opinion, a fun, mindless pop-corn flick despite lacking in blood, gore, strong characters and tension.
Tessara_VejganJan 11, 2015
Rewatched it recently in glorious BD and Its a surprisingly good movie. Good acting, ok story, some nice effects. Its great to see aliens and predators fighting it out.
Le__XenomorphDec 19, 2014
Although the story is weak and the character development is sketchy, there is plenty of eye candy to behold. And the fight scenes are very good and well done. 7/10 (good)
demolisher7778Oct 27, 2014
The first part of Paul W.S. Anderson's Alien vs Predator leaves a sour taste in your mouth from bad acting and an absolutely absurd plot. But, when the bullets start flying and the predators and aliens are beating the hell out of each other,The first part of Paul W.S. Anderson's Alien vs Predator leaves a sour taste in your mouth from bad acting and an absolutely absurd plot. But, when the bullets start flying and the predators and aliens are beating the hell out of each other, it is a really entertaining watch Expand
Larry223Aug 15, 2014
¿Alguien me puede decir que es tan malo sobre esta película? Soy un Gran fan de Aliens y Predators y no entiendo por que la odian tanto. He oído que es por que en los cómics en los que Alien y Predator tienen un crossover son muy buenos y que¿Alguien me puede decir que es tan malo sobre esta película? Soy un Gran fan de Aliens y Predators y no entiendo por que la odian tanto. He oído que es por que en los cómics en los que Alien y Predator tienen un crossover son muy buenos y que la película arruina la continuidad de los cómics. No se si los cómics son canon, y creo que no lo son, he visto las películas de Alien y Predator y esta no contradice en nada ninguna de las películas. Cabe perfectamente en el universo de ambos, además de que nos muestra que los "Predator" ya conocían a los Xenomorfos y los usan para cazar desde hace siglos. Cabe bien y no arruina el origen de los Xenomorfos, aparte de que Prometeo no contradice nada aquí tampoco. Es una película buena aparte de que hay personajes memorables, pocos, pero algo es algo. Le doy un 06/10 es una película decente. Expand
Voodoo123Jul 7, 2014
Highly entertaining and re-watchable. As a fan of the AVP series I love seeing the idea come to life through live action. Great art designs and effects where the CGI really just adds to great miniatures and full scale animatronics and suits.Highly entertaining and re-watchable. As a fan of the AVP series I love seeing the idea come to life through live action. Great art designs and effects where the CGI really just adds to great miniatures and full scale animatronics and suits. Watching predators fight aliens... Gets better every time. Expand
juliankennedy23Jun 21, 2014
Alien vs. Predator: 5/10: Aliens check; Predators check; Space Marines; umm Space Marines? Okay who took out the Space Marines and put in this fodder.

Some surprise moments and some thrills but not nearly enough and AVP is over way to fast. Everything is speeded up and suspense is simply zero. Both the entire series of Alien movies and the first Predator film depended upon moments of silence to build up the suspense. (Nothing really happens at all of the first hour of Alien for example.)

This movie on the other hand moves so much like a video game you will be reaching for the controller. The Predators look okay but the Aliens are too cartoonish and seem to change size at random.

The plot and the back-story are simply inept. What is wrong with an alien Queen in the New York subway system or Predators fighting in Iraq? Heck putting them in an office block, cruise ship or shopping mall at Christmas would be preferable. (The Predators take out the Orange Julius while the Alien Queen makes her nest in Victoria Secret.)

The fun of aliens on earth is watching them walk into a Seven-Eleven and taking out some customers not fighting in a silly pyramid that could be on any planet in the universe.
PvtJacksonJun 16, 2014
I really don't think this movie is as terrible as critics' consensus because i know lots of people who say the same thing after watching Prometheus and comparing it to this film. Paul W.S Anderson may be, without question, literally not aI really don't think this movie is as terrible as critics' consensus because i know lots of people who say the same thing after watching Prometheus and comparing it to this film. Paul W.S Anderson may be, without question, literally not a good director (The Three Musketeer, Resident Evil) but we can't deny his decent, brave effort as he tries to create a story in which mankind is stuck in the middle of a collision between two most notorious species from outer space, and i personally believe that he partially succeeds, although there are still a lot to be done so that AVP: Alien vs. Predator can get any better. I give this movie 7, higher than Prometheus, 5. Expand
TokyochuchuJan 29, 2014
Although it's not a classic or anything, Alien vs. Predator is still a whole lot of stupid, monster fighting fun. The movie even manages to add one really cool thing into the mythos. The film's maze-like pyramid is a great invention and hasAlthough it's not a classic or anything, Alien vs. Predator is still a whole lot of stupid, monster fighting fun. The movie even manages to add one really cool thing into the mythos. The film's maze-like pyramid is a great invention and has made some fun appearances in latter day videogames and fiction. Plus, If you can't enjoy the snowbound battle between the queen alien and predator then your inner child must be truly lost. Expand
marcmyworksJan 11, 2014
Not as bad as it could have been. My big issue with AVP is that it is a quick film (90 minutes) and it does little to explain why the Predators use the Aliens for sport.
rapidfire705Nov 26, 2013
Originally I hated this movie but I watched it again and actually it's pretty decent oh yeah it's not good but not all of it was terrible it's got great cinematography, a decent amount of cgi, good practical effects, an amazing set, niceOriginally I hated this movie but I watched it again and actually it's pretty decent oh yeah it's not good but not all of it was terrible it's got great cinematography, a decent amount of cgi, good practical effects, an amazing set, nice editing and awsome action. The story isn't good and some of the writing is very poor but it does give you 40 minutes worth of character development. Sadly there are no interesting characters except for the main character who at least is smart and takes charge and acts like a total badass. I also have to say that I like that they explain why the xenomorphs and the predators fight but again bad plot and story. But I could have forgiven so much if it weren't for one thing, they make the predator a good guy witch his bull because the predator has always been a villain yet they make him a super hero. Let me mention that the predators kill people for their skulls as trophies, they are asswholes ok jeez. And the ending isn't so great it's basically a sequel bate witch this movie managed to get with trust me isn't a pretty site. Expand
ascoltami86May 27, 2013
It's horrible. I hate that Xenomorph and Predator fighting like Professional wrestling. This is like Terminator 3, hot sexy woman T-X fighting like Terminator 3. It was horrible. Even the T-X was male like body builder fighting likeIt's horrible. I hate that Xenomorph and Predator fighting like Professional wrestling. This is like Terminator 3, hot sexy woman T-X fighting like Terminator 3. It was horrible. Even the T-X was male like body builder fighting like pro-wrestlers, I wouldn't like it. I just wanted human trying to survive from Alien and Predator. I didn't want Alien and Predator fight. I used to love Xenomorph, but now they look unrealistic. They look like the man is inside the costume. They walk like a human, their leg is too long, their body is like a human. I really liked the Alien looked little like Xenomorph from Prometheus. My favorite monsters are from Metro 2033.

I also, hated the huge giant Xenomorph. I hate monsters, robots that are tall as tower. Like Godzilla, Transformers. I like monsters, size of Velociraptor.
Rox22Mar 17, 2013
This has pretty much been butchered by fans of both franchises. Persobnally, I really enjoyed it. It had an interesting premise. Believable characters, great effects and some really cool action sequences. Granted is a bit corny in parts, andThis has pretty much been butchered by fans of both franchises. Persobnally, I really enjoyed it. It had an interesting premise. Believable characters, great effects and some really cool action sequences. Granted is a bit corny in parts, and does go against canon a bit. Overall: As a standalone movie (forgetting the franchises completely) it is a good movie, and I do believe that is what they were aiming at. Expand
ReviewZone212Feb 20, 2013
Feels like a Classic, but it could've been better.
oliver1hFeb 20, 2013
Bad...Basically every aspect of it...I waste no time to review this thing, you should not waste time watching it!
SantiagoMAKiiNAJul 5, 2012
What a cool movie. Seriously. West Anderson does cool. And not much else. If you look down the list of films he's participated in they are all "cool." The funny thing is when I saw this movie in the theater I had no idea who this guy was. IWhat a cool movie. Seriously. West Anderson does cool. And not much else. If you look down the list of films he's participated in they are all "cool." The funny thing is when I saw this movie in the theater I had no idea who this guy was. I just wanted to watch Aliens and Predators kicking each other's ass. And I was hoping not to leave the theater wanting to shoot myself, as I did after Alien Resurrection.
This time around I was watching this on DVD and was well informed on the guy in charge. All the elements were there. Frankly, what better choice to film an ass kicking than the guy that dished it out in Resident Evil. Worse case scenario, he's gonna trade zombies for the creatures of choice and set the camera to his usual slow motion signature visuals. How bad can this be? ... It turns out, the movie is, as I said, pretty cool.
The plot is well threaded with a thriller atmosphere. The distant town in no man's land. The historic references to a prophecy of sorts. Digging up the inevitable past. The rich guy that has enough money to push things too far. And the always required character that warns everyone not to embark in the adventure but embarks in the adventure herself regardless. All the fun contradictions that make for a well designed action flick.
The events follow each other with just enough predictability to make you both anticipate and feel smart. Yet the repertoire remains fresh and exciting. The fights between Predators and Aliens are perfectly choreographed. In fact, I finished the movie wanting to see more. That's how an action movie is supposed to make you feel. Wanting to run back to the theater to see more of the same.
Looking back on the Alien anthology, WS Anderson would have been the perfect call for Alien Resurrection. After the heavy delivery of Alien 3, there was a much needed return to the action of Aliens, but with just enough emotional content to deliver a good action thriller. Perhaps we can call this movie the 4th installment in the series instead. What do you think?
csw12Apr 2, 2012
The movie was horrifying in a really bad way. There is some of the worst acting i have ever seen in this film. The action is completly pointless and pitiful. Why did someone make this movie. A disgraceful movie on every level. Please tell meThe movie was horrifying in a really bad way. There is some of the worst acting i have ever seen in this film. The action is completly pointless and pitiful. Why did someone make this movie. A disgraceful movie on every level. Please tell me this was a joke. Expand
PrimalHunter70Feb 18, 2012
This movie had so much potential, and it was ruined by bad acting, story, effects and everything. Where is the interspecies deathmatch all us nerds hoped for? Don't watch this, it is a trashy 90 minutes of your life!
HalfwelshmanFeb 14, 2012
While re-watching AVP, I found myself feeling a profound sense of de-ja vu. Where have I witnessed this exact same plot before? Oh - now I remember - Resident Evil. Writer/Director Paul W S Anderson isn't only plundering two successful sci-fiWhile re-watching AVP, I found myself feeling a profound sense of de-ja vu. Where have I witnessed this exact same plot before? Oh - now I remember - Resident Evil. Writer/Director Paul W S Anderson isn't only plundering two successful sci-fi series with this film, he's ripping off his own films. In both we have a team of "experts" going underground on a journey of discovery, with a hidden, sinister purpose, and in both, things go sour when something nasty begins to pick off team members one-by-one. I wasn't expecting originality from a film based on a game that in turn is based on two series of films, but come on, Mr Anderson - change the record! Anyway, the film offers just about what you'd expect from the title Alien vs. Predator - two icons of science fiction turning each other into goo, with poor old humanity stuck in the middle. The characterisation is lacking even by Anderson's standards - we follow a team of stereotypes, each with a singular emotion, or personality quirk, or debilitating illness that defines them. Sanaa Lathan is meant to be the film's hero, but simply comes across as a Ripley knock-off crossed with Bear Grylls. Colin Salmon, though effortlessly cool as always, plays EXACTLY the same character he did in Anderson's Resident Evil. You've also got such interesting characters as archaeologist Sebastian (Raoul Bova), who's Italian, Graeme (Ewan Bremner), who's Scottish, Mark the mercenary (Tommy Flanagan) who's got a scar, and Adele (Agathe de La Boulaye) who's French AND a woman. Wow, these are really the kinds of characters you can get emotionally invested in. At least you've got Lance Henriksen at least attempting to give a performance as Mr Weyland (and giving the film some semblance of continuity with the Alien series), though he generally manages to get by simply by having an awesome voice. Despite the lazy characters and pretty dreadful script, to Paul W S Anderson's credit, the film does get a whole lot better once the titular extra-terrestrial brawl begins in earnest. Anderson has undeniable skill in directing action sequences, and the acid-blood-spraying fights are extremely entertaining. As fun as they are, they begin far too late in the film, and you are forced to sit through a good half-hour of clunky exposition before anything really kicks off. AVP is an emotionless, inhuman affair, but the action is well-handled, and both the xenomorphs and predators look better than they ever have. If we were subjected to a less drawn-out build to the first set-piece, and if the filmmakers hadn't been so greedy and pandered to a pre-teen audience, we might have had a pretty good time watching two races of gruesome monsters pounding each other to fluorescent pulp. As it is, the film is passably entertaining, but nothing else. It's too empty, too long, and nowhere-near scary or violent enough. Expand
asylumspadezNov 19, 2011
It was decent. I was a bit disapointed that the plot wasnt thought out more and it didnt have that many confrontations between the Aliens and Predators either. I dont think I would recommend this to any one.
HyliadOct 7, 2011
The only (and little) good thing in AvsP is probably the respectives mythologies of the two legendary franchises. But direction and interpretation are both deplorable; if I want to see a fight as the one between the two creatures in AvsP, IThe only (and little) good thing in AvsP is probably the respectives mythologies of the two legendary franchises. But direction and interpretation are both deplorable; if I want to see a fight as the one between the two creatures in AvsP, I can see professional wrestling at TV. Expand
ArkonBladeJul 22, 2011
im a huge AVP fan in terms of the games on the PC and jagaur and i the comic from the 90's . so a movie would seem natural and be a great idea . the problem starts off first with it taking half the movie to even start . it trys to build theim a huge AVP fan in terms of the games on the PC and jagaur and i the comic from the 90's . so a movie would seem natural and be a great idea . the problem starts off first with it taking half the movie to even start . it trys to build the charicters up abit so i guess we will care about them but lets face it we went to see this to see the aliens and the predators kick some ass. first off this should have been set in the far future and in space with the colonial marines . instead we are in antarctica which all be it not a bad setting since we are getting a secluded no escape place . the action between the aliens and the predator was actally pretty good and there are some amazing looking action sequenses . though just not enough there . in the end its kinda mediocore but i didnt think it was terrable atleast. Expand
Khunter4382Jun 2, 2011
As a hardcore fan of both franchises, I thought this film worked. I was surprised with the story and how effectively both species were intertwined in history. I found myself making the connections of all the little details I have noticed overAs a hardcore fan of both franchises, I thought this film worked. I was surprised with the story and how effectively both species were intertwined in history. I found myself making the connections of all the little details I have noticed over the years in the predecessor films. It was also refreshing to see an old regular like Henrikson join the cast. Expand
WykedEvilMay 15, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So they wanted to make the most feared thing in the universe look like pansies? Ya right. two of the damn predators die in the first 30 min! I know they are apparently kids and all, but damn, they are still predators. Expand
TheQuietGamerMar 7, 2011
This movie will sharply divide fans of Alien and Predator, the plot isn't great but gets the job done, it's surprisingly good action is what will keep you hooked, this is an interesting movie fans of Alien and Predator should watch.
Andy92Sep 12, 2010
i admit that the movie could have been a lot better but i think it was a very good effort in combining the two famous originals. although it didn't show a promising story to it the film did show a good use of trying to bring back many of thei admit that the movie could have been a lot better but i think it was a very good effort in combining the two famous originals. although it didn't show a promising story to it the film did show a good use of trying to bring back many of the old qualities from the two alien species however they needed to use more convincing and more recognized actors Expand
AceIsCoolProAug 13, 2010
I thought the movie was pretty good. But the first 2 preds shouldn't have died so easily. But worse was that the pred teamed up with the woman. But the rest was good.
KevinMMar 13, 2009
I wouldn't really recommend this movie to anyone, it's alright at best. Some of the scenes seemed taken directly from some of Paul WS Anderson's other movies, like the map out of the tomb, as if he didn't have any new I wouldn't really recommend this movie to anyone, it's alright at best. Some of the scenes seemed taken directly from some of Paul WS Anderson's other movies, like the map out of the tomb, as if he didn't have any new ideas, just recycling. Expand
HerbieH.Feb 19, 2008
This was so well thought out, couldn't of done better.
1 of 4 users found this helpful
CharlesH.Feb 18, 2008
For an action movie, it's attempts at capturing the honor associated with the hunt are decent, but the plot and acting leave something to be desired.
AllenL.Jan 21, 2008
I thought Alien VS predator had awesome plots and scenes like ,come on, who doesn't want to see predator recreated into the new world of Amazing Special effects? But some parts were lacking and could have been recreated better by a 2 I thought Alien VS predator had awesome plots and scenes like ,come on, who doesn't want to see predator recreated into the new world of Amazing Special effects? But some parts were lacking and could have been recreated better by a 2 year old in 2 minutes. I give it a firm 8 and no less and no more. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
KL.Jan 3, 2008
Exactly as the title say... "alien vs. predator", and that was really all this movie amounted to. I think there should have been more to this film than just two space aliens fighting it out. I think most people of 18 years or older would not Exactly as the title say... "alien vs. predator", and that was really all this movie amounted to. I think there should have been more to this film than just two space aliens fighting it out. I think most people of 18 years or older would not get off on the idea of the alien fighting the predator which seems to be the primary selling point of the film... A Vs. P, and most are too mature for that. Expand
0 of 3 users found this helpful
LeeK.Dec 15, 2007
What all the critics say are completely true!!! This is by far one of the most pathetic movie ever shown!!!
AccarisOct 31, 2007
Even the 1999 videogame would have provided a better story than the schlock in this mind dump of an action film. Delving into the depths of teenage boy fantasy cheese that not even MTV would dare touch, Anderson somehow manages to suck out Even the 1999 videogame would have provided a better story than the schlock in this mind dump of an action film. Delving into the depths of teenage boy fantasy cheese that not even MTV would dare touch, Anderson somehow manages to suck out whatever limited potential remained in an otherwise comedic franchise. Ham fisted action scenes involving Power Rangers-esque movie monsters are the order of the day here, surrounded by characters so weak that I started to feel more attached to the fodder crew from Alien Resurrection. Expand
4 of 5 users found this helpful
zacksSep 22, 2007
horrible movie...didnt live up to expectations...i wasnt expecting another aliens but this was worse than AR
CAmeronS.Sep 1, 2007
I personally did not expect an amazing story, but i certainly found the action i was looking for.
ApocalypseBrownJun 2, 2007
Tripe anyone? P.Anderson is one of the worst directors in Hollywood. This film is an sad stain on both the Alien and Predator series. Enjoyable until the films dissolves into a terrible mess. Hall of Turkey class!
AnsonGMay 2, 2007
I saw Alien Vs. Predator and had ambivalent feelings about it. It definitely could have been a lot better, had better actors, better script, better reason and logic, and better atmosphere. It also could have been much worse than it was as I saw Alien Vs. Predator and had ambivalent feelings about it. It definitely could have been a lot better, had better actors, better script, better reason and logic, and better atmosphere. It also could have been much worse than it was as well. What is does have going for it to some small degree is that the film was directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, a competent suspense, science fiction director accustomed to working with this kind of material. Anderson gives the audience what he thinks they want to see, and going by the money his movies make he doesn't fall far off the mark most of the time. For me(being someone I gratefully acknowledge as being outside the majority of the movie-going population) he disappoints with his cliché-ridden dialog, tissue-thin, stereotypical characters and plot threads, his over-used CGI effects, and his general arrogance to presume how little the movie-going population knows. Notwithstanding all of that, Alien Vs. Predator has some special moments. What did I like: some of the sets were impressive, a couple of the fights were well-executed, Lance Henriksen (being the only "real" actor in the film, and the Artic setting surrounding this hidden pyramid). I haven't gone into any detail of the plot for two reasons: (1)many other reviewers have already done so and (2)the plot is so ridiculous that any real scrutiny would be more enlightening than anything that happened in the film. Is ALien Vs. Predator entertaining? Yes, it is - like many accidents are. It has just enough going for it to keep the viewer engaged but never really satisfied. Expand
PatC.Apr 4, 2007
The 2nd half is actually a good actioner as the Aliens & Predators take on each other, but it cannot overcome the 1st half setup, which is exceptionally awkward and inexplicably self-defeating on nearly every level.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
TJJan 17, 2007
It's hard to imagine someone screwing up a movie with Aliens and Predators - all you need is a heap of Aliens being hunted by predators and some humans getting in the way every now and then. Instead you get shit. If 3 or 4 predators It's hard to imagine someone screwing up a movie with Aliens and Predators - all you need is a heap of Aliens being hunted by predators and some humans getting in the way every now and then. Instead you get shit. If 3 or 4 predators can't take down 4 aliens then something is seriously wrong. How does someone like Paul Anderson keep getting work? If I kept performing as badly at my work I'd be fired instantly - especially after being handed 2 surefire franchises on a platter. Expand
AaronO.Oct 6, 2006
This movie was just crap. They made so many mistakes before it was even filmed: 1) Crappy script with a stupid story about predators (who are attracted to warm weather) hunting in Antarctica. 2) A crappy director who is actually world renown This movie was just crap. They made so many mistakes before it was even filmed: 1) Crappy script with a stupid story about predators (who are attracted to warm weather) hunting in Antarctica. 2) A crappy director who is actually world renown for making crappy films. 3) They made it PG-13. I went and saw it opening night just because I have so much respect for the Alien and Predator movies, but this movie didn Expand
AaronM.Jan 23, 2006
I kept wating for it to get better. It didn't.
vermindeathstackDec 30, 2005
Not as bad as I'd been led to believe. In fact, I quite enjoyed it. There wasn't all that gun-toting machismo you usually get in Predator films, and also in the later Alien movies. And neither did they insist on rolling out Not as bad as I'd been led to believe. In fact, I quite enjoyed it. There wasn't all that gun-toting machismo you usually get in Predator films, and also in the later Alien movies. And neither did they insist on rolling out Sigourney Weaver's old bones and roping her into the plot somehow. It wasn't a shocker, but then again all the shocks have been wrung out of the Alien franchise. The predators were suitably beefy, the aliens dutifully slimy, and the humans just this side of stupid so as to be believable. It was a laugh, a mindless romp that had enough atmospherics and originality to lift it above Alien 3 and 4. And because it wasn't a testosterone-fuelled workout either, I liked it more than Arnie's Predator flick. But, if you Expand
JoshE.Oct 14, 2005
Wow, what a turgid piece of junk. AVP threw out any of the logic in the alien mythology and ground it into the floor with absolutely no atmosphere, terrible art direction, and horrible special effects. Only the first 2 Alien movies were Wow, what a turgid piece of junk. AVP threw out any of the logic in the alien mythology and ground it into the floor with absolutely no atmosphere, terrible art direction, and horrible special effects. Only the first 2 Alien movies were great (totally different movies though) but the 3rd and 4th were at least well done (but terrible otherwise.) They all had the strong atmosphere and art direction though. AVP looks like they took toys off of the shelf and used them for the effects shots. The story was relentless, but not in a good way. Aliens was merciless, but it had class unlike this barbaric, bludgeoning meatheaded "film." No real story, just plot points to explain the ridiculous premise. Why did the Aliens have to be on earth to begin with? It kind of ruins the deep space boogie man nightmares of the original. The characters were utterly lame and started dropping like flies so quickly, there was never a chance in hell to care about any of them, unlike the other movies. In the end, there is not one redeeming quality to this film. It's another desperate attempt to make money off of an awesome original concept, which is so rare now adays because of all of the derivative sequels (just like this one)... totally burying this franchise once and for all. Please rest in peace. Expand
MikeC.Oct 11, 2005
A wasted premise. whoever financed this is probably kicked themselves or maybe not because it was obviously made just to make money with total disreguard to quality.
MarcD.Aug 18, 2004
I don't understand why so many people are bashing the show. The film may not be 100% faithful to the original films they were based on...but this is a very commendable effort. An entertaining show which left me smiling at particular I don't understand why so many people are bashing the show. The film may not be 100% faithful to the original films they were based on...but this is a very commendable effort. An entertaining show which left me smiling at particular scenes. People need to lighten up. Expand