6.3

1. BobS.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Utter crap. Made my eyeballs bleed. Extended voiceover for brain-dead plot. Hayden is the new Keanu. Line: 'This is so f- obvious!' Exactly.
  2. UncleDouglasBigelow
    Dec 3, 2007
    This movie sucked. I can't stress that enough, people. I even saw this for free and I'm still mift. I want my life back.
  3. JaredC.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Awake huh, well guess what, I fell asleep.
  4. FrasierM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    This is a poor excuse for a Suspense/Thriller. I got bored during the credits! All this hype for this movie, I was expecting a very high quality movie... I was SO wrong! They got two of the worst actors (Hayden Christensen- Sar Wars: Episodes 2 and 3 and Jessica Beil- Fantastic Four franchise) to star in this dreadfull movie! I don't know if this movie would have been good with good This is a poor excuse for a Suspense/Thriller. I got bored during the credits! All this hype for this movie, I was expecting a very high quality movie... I was SO wrong! They got two of the worst actors (Hayden Christensen- Sar Wars: Episodes 2 and 3 and Jessica Beil- Fantastic Four franchise) to star in this dreadfull movie! I don't know if this movie would have been good with good actors, but these two didn't exactly didn't help! Expand
  5. EthanH.
    Dec 6, 2007
    Did anyone notice that this movie is a complete rip off from a Stephen King short story?
  6. EricR
    Dec 14, 2007
    Just returned from seeing this movie and I have to tell you it was laughable from start to finish. C. Haydensen gives the same stiff performance he is famous for, there is a strange oedipal overtone throughout the movie, the plot "twists" are predictable (think absurdly when you predict!). Even the lasy line of the movie was predictable. The dialogue is clunky at best ("My new heart will Just returned from seeing this movie and I have to tell you it was laughable from start to finish. C. Haydensen gives the same stiff performance he is famous for, there is a strange oedipal overtone throughout the movie, the plot "twists" are predictable (think absurdly when you predict!). Even the lasy line of the movie was predictable. The dialogue is clunky at best ("My new heart will love you too" Hahahaahahahahaha!) I laughed out loud when the credits rolled. Bad bad bad movie. Expand
  7. TommyN.
    Dec 18, 2007
    "Awake" doesn't wake me up. I saw a lot of people sleeping and snoring in theaters when watching this boring crap. Their suspenses and thrillers don't thrill me... BOO! Get out of the damn film! (not Jessica, lol).
  8. Felix
    Apr 27, 2008
    Facts in the beginning are far from accurate. As others before me have said there are quite a few holes in this that make it fall short.
  9. Jan 1, 2011
    i don't know what to say about this movie. and my review must be at least 150 characters long to be submitted and i don't know what to write about this ****
  10. Nov 19, 2011
    The entire idea of the film was great and I thought it started off interesting as well but it just fell apart. Poor acting, Plot takes a huge turn for the worst, and it ends poorly as well.
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A premise ruined by terrible writing, stupid characters, awful acting and medical protocol has gone out the window. Hayden Christensen acts all whiny both in voice over and on camera. Jessica Alba's character is a terrible mastermind in killing somebody during surgery, she forgets to cover her tracks and avoid anything that can be used as evidence, Numerous surgeons including the anesthesiologist, don't act like real-life surgeons; not to mention Terence Howard's character has numerous malpractice suits against him, and who's only chosen because he's a friend of the protagonist (idiot).

Anybody who had surgery and/or have medical knowledge, can point everything wrong depicted. This should be dissected, cooked and fed to starving kids.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    What a waste. Check out "Breakdown" or Aldo Lado's 1971 Italian giallo "Long Night Of The Short Dolls" for a far better treatments of the same subject.
  2. Christensen delivers a low-key performance that is ultimately quite appealing, and he's well matched by the beautiful Alba. Olin brings unexpected depths to what could have been a stock role, and Terrence Howard uses his easy ability to project innate decency to excellent effect.
    Awake is short enough (about 85 minutes) that it doesn't wear out its welcome. It's not a good movie but it's silly and lively enough to keep most viewers from dozing off, even if that might be a more profitable use of their time.