6.3

1. TinaS
    Dec 2, 2007
    This movie s truly getting undercredited by those who don't understand it and appreciate it for what it is. What it is, is an emotional thrill ride that adds an enitrely new dimension of fear to cinema. It involves the theme of powerlessness, and the narrative techniques illustrate how death parallels life. The performances are all sympathic, except for perhaps Jessica Alba, who This movie s truly getting undercredited by those who don't understand it and appreciate it for what it is. What it is, is an emotional thrill ride that adds an enitrely new dimension of fear to cinema. It involves the theme of powerlessness, and the narrative techniques illustrate how death parallels life. The performances are all sympathic, except for perhaps Jessica Alba, who didn't have enough range for her characters depth. Please see this truly suspensefull thriller that does for the operating room what Pyscho did for showers. Expand
  2. SkylerI
    Dec 8, 2007
    I went to see it with a group of friends, and we all loved it! It's not a horror movie, and is less of a thriller than I expected, so if that's what you're expecting you may be disappointed. However, there are unique and shocking plot twists, and a fantastic end, which may or may not come as a surprising tear-jerker. It's surprisingly like The Invisible, so I would I went to see it with a group of friends, and we all loved it! It's not a horror movie, and is less of a thriller than I expected, so if that's what you're expecting you may be disappointed. However, there are unique and shocking plot twists, and a fantastic end, which may or may not come as a surprising tear-jerker. It's surprisingly like The Invisible, so I would recommend it to all fans of that movie. Expand
  3. AlbertoS.
    Jan 4, 2008
    I really liked it! It's amazing to take a glance at the pain of a mother and witness what they're capable of... I went home and gave my mom a hug! Good cast, great acting.. It was great!
  4. TravD.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Very surprisingly good.
  5. MikeT.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This was great! She is far too hot.
  6. SandraMiller
    Dec 1, 2007
    This movie was AWESOME!!! I don't understand the critics.
  7. DinoP.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This movie is really great, this critics don't know shit!!
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    I loved this movie. It has enough twists that you aren't bored or predicting most of the twists. Of course, it has some predictable twists but all movies do. It has its shortcomings but overall, it was a great movie. I would definitely buy this movie.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    What a waste. Check out "Breakdown" or Aldo Lado's 1971 Italian giallo "Long Night Of The Short Dolls" for a far better treatments of the same subject.
  2. Christensen delivers a low-key performance that is ultimately quite appealing, and he's well matched by the beautiful Alba. Olin brings unexpected depths to what could have been a stock role, and Terrence Howard uses his easy ability to project innate decency to excellent effect.
    Awake is short enough (about 85 minutes) that it doesn't wear out its welcome. It's not a good movie but it's silly and lively enough to keep most viewers from dozing off, even if that might be a more profitable use of their time.