5.9

1. Feb 2, 2012
    Absolutely horrible. Most boring movie I've seen to date. Anyone who claims artsy, "deep" movies like this are anything but crap has eaten one too many retard sandwiches. The same kind of people that think someone like Jackson Pollack has talent, and created "art." It's all a pantload.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    What a boring movie, it might have a background message but to me it seemed a totally UNNECESSARY MOVIE, brings nothing fresh to the viewer and it's nothing that you haven't seen in the news. It's like watching the news but with actors.
  3. May 31, 2012
    I was thinking about the possible things I could colour my life with after seeing this ..yeah what exactly was it, sure it wasn't a movie. So don't masturbate behind rocks or your brother will euhm..miss. Don't spy on your sister or your father will do the clap-dance. Never travel or your kids may die in the desert. If you're in a desert, then don't leave any kids behind, sure I'll remember that one. Never leave the bus area if your wife is about to die by bleeding to death or they will continue their journey without you...yep, gotcha. And the most important one: don't you ever ever dare to decline a deaf-mute naked lady or she might jump of the balcony. My god, I'm pretty sure that Alejandro Gonzales still sucks his thumb way too long when he falls asleep. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really didn't get this film. I mean, the only good part about it was the American POV (Pitt and Blanchett) and the plot seemed really confusing even though it's told in different perspectives. One of the most confusing but weirdest films of all time. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2012
    It tries to do so much, but this nonlinear mess of a film has nothing to offer but some short snippets of great acting. It is original, but not all original ideas are good ones.
  6. Feb 22, 2013
    This is one of the five worst films I have ever seen. Insanely boring and pointless. Dullness for the sake of dullness. Saying nothing as a pretentious "message." Spare me.

In the year's richest, most complex and ultimately most heartbreaking film, Inarritu invites us to get past the babble of modern civilization and start listening to each other.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Effectively building dread and emotional tension as tragic incidents triggered by human stupidity and carelessness steadily multiply, this film, like "21 Grams" in particular, employs a deterministically grim mindset in the cause of its philosophical aspirations, but is gripping nearly all the way.
  3. The filmmakers succeed brilliantly in weaving these stories together, taking time to explore depth of character and relationships. The suspense builds throughout as everyone involved becomes lost in a place they don't understand with people they don't know if they can trust.