Back to the Future Part III

8.6

1. Jul 18, 2013
    While it is not as good as the previous two films, this film is still a good hit that takes us to a completely different period in time. The cast is again perfect- the music is good, the story is lacking a bit. But the film is entertaining in every way, which is why it scores so high in my book.
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    An excellent conclusion to the movie trilogy. It packs the same humor and charm that made the previous movies so loved. The western setting gives the movie a unique fell that sets it apart from the previous two movies. As always there are references to the previous two films and it even answers some left over question from Back to the Future Part II, like about Marty's accident. As alwaysAn excellent conclusion to the movie trilogy. It packs the same humor and charm that made the previous movies so loved. The western setting gives the movie a unique fell that sets it apart from the previous two movies. As always there are references to the previous two films and it even answers some left over question from Back to the Future Part II, like about Marty's accident. As always everyone gives a fantastic performance as their respective characters. In conclusion this is an excellent movie and I loved every second of it. It might even be my favorite of the trilogy. Expand
  3. May 5, 2016
    Part III of the trilogy gives us the most radically different movie with our characters journeying into the old west. So we've gone from science-fiction comedy to science-fiction comedy western. That's how you end a trilogy based around time travel! The film itself is a lot of fun and very adventurous with a great western rendition of the theme song which I love! A great conclusion to onePart III of the trilogy gives us the most radically different movie with our characters journeying into the old west. So we've gone from science-fiction comedy to science-fiction comedy western. That's how you end a trilogy based around time travel! The film itself is a lot of fun and very adventurous with a great western rendition of the theme song which I love! A great conclusion to one of the all time greatest movie trilogies. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2015
    As most will agree this third instalment of the wonderful Back to the Future series is not the best. It's still an enjoyable movie and the setting in the wild west should make for a nice variety, but the story is just not as interesting. Also the romance between Doctor Emmet Brown and Miss Clara Clayton feels a bit corny.

Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly and Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmet

Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly and Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmet Brown are great once again. And the references to Clint Eastwood are very funny.

"What's your name, dude?"
    "Eastwood... Clint Eastwood!"
    "What kind of stupid name is that?"
  5. Mar 24, 2016
    Doc im back from the future iv watched this so called Back to The Future and i just didnt go Back To the Future i went back to the past. In this third and final conclusion to such a great trilogy directed by Robert zemeckis and produced by Stevin Spielberg. In back to the future part 3 Marty go s to the Dr. Emmit Brown so he can take him to the real Dr. EMMIt Brown and take him back to theDoc im back from the future iv watched this so called Back to The Future and i just didnt go Back To the Future i went back to the past. In this third and final conclusion to such a great trilogy directed by Robert zemeckis and produced by Stevin Spielberg. In back to the future part 3 Marty go s to the Dr. Emmit Brown so he can take him to the real Dr. EMMIt Brown and take him back to the future and prevent him from dying in this fun western movie,conclusion to my 5th favorite trilogy. Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2015
    The film isn't terrible, but the wild west setting can turn a lot of people off. Luckily, there's a lot of good moments in this movie and ends the trilogy well enough.
  7. Aug 9, 2015
    Back to the Future Part III did not need to exist but it works well just the same. Not only does the film clean up the events of the previous film but it justifies it. While this is the same story as the first one what makes it work is the heart. While the second film used time travel for the sake of action here it is used to explore the relationship between Marty and Doc and raise moralBack to the Future Part III did not need to exist but it works well just the same. Not only does the film clean up the events of the previous film but it justifies it. While this is the same story as the first one what makes it work is the heart. While the second film used time travel for the sake of action here it is used to explore the relationship between Marty and Doc and raise moral questions about destiny. It all ends in a sweet and satisfying ending, minus the bit at the very end, which I didn’t need. In a world where sequels constantly tarnish the reputation of the franchise and undo a perfect ending its nice to see one that’s enjoyable. While the franchise works better with just one installment the third film nicely closes out the trilogy creating one of the better movie sequels released and creates a nice trilogy. Expand
  8. May 17, 2015
    Though it - clearly - remains the most out-of-place installment in the classic franchise it inhabits, "Back To The Future Part III" still serves as a fitting sendoff to some of film's most beloved characters.
  9. May 26, 2013
    This was the final chapter of the series and while when I first watched it I didn't remember liking it, I thoroughly enjoyed it second time 'round! It probably isn't as good as the first two films but its still good and a great way to finish off the series. Great to have both Fox & Lloyd back also as the film wouldn't be much without them. The final scenes are really great, in particularThis was the final chapter of the series and while when I first watched it I didn't remember liking it, I thoroughly enjoyed it second time 'round! It probably isn't as good as the first two films but its still good and a great way to finish off the series. Great to have both Fox & Lloyd back also as the film wouldn't be much without them. The final scenes are really great, in particular that final scene with the train, but as a whole it's a great film and one I would easily recommend Expand
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    This movie still has its humor as the past two films, but it doesn't have that special thing that made the first two good. I can sit through this film many times, but it doesn't bring out the good thing like the past two. Now, the acting is good, except for a couple of characters that did not make a good impression on this movie.
  11. Apr 18, 2014
    "The Different One" is how to define Back to the Future III, I guess.

If the first one was flawless and the second one was almost as good but with a few minor issues, this one just can't be compared the same way. Its setting in the Old West for most of the movie, its story, which is simpler and focuses a lot less on Marty McFly and much more on Emmett Brown, its climactic action
    "The Different One" is how to define Back to the Future III, I guess.

Its setting in the Old West for most of the movie, its story, which is simpler and focuses a lot less on Marty McFly and much more on Emmett Brown, its climactic action scene, its general storytelling, it's all quite different and sets it apart from the rest.

Is it good? Yes, no doubt about it. But the complex plots of the two last ones aren't as complex. It boils down to Emmet Brown having to go to the future or not, with or without his love interest, and Marty dealing with his own pride issues and face Buford Tannen or not. Not a bad plot, but not as interesting or complex.

The talents of Marty and Doc are interchanged when Marty becomes the voice of reason and Doc becomes the "born again teenager" when he falls in love. A twist with potential, but not very fulfilling, although it does lead to several very fun comedic scenes, and some more sad ones. Character-wise, apart from Clara, whom I thought to be sort of underplayed and not a strongly established character(she goes from almost dying due to a carriage accident, to chasing at high speed after a train about to self-destruct, on shoes with heels, with little to no real explanation as to how the same woman can be in both situations!), I was happy with everyone, minor or major character, Strickland, the bartender Chester, most other people all felt good to me.

As for general directing/screenplay, well, if the second one was a downgrade from the first one, I'd say this one is on par with the second one...but with a less complex plot that leaves a lot of room for more, this movie comes off as less good.

Ultimately BttF was flawless and did everything right. BttF II had a few flaws and reused the formula less well, and BttF III does something different, does it quite well, but does have more flaws than BttF II in my eyes, the plot is less good, the characters are better but that doesn't make up for it, the plot inconsistencies are more numerous, especially the ending which contradicts a lot of what has been asked by Doc Brown in 2 and 3, and so on.

As flawed and different as it is, if you liked the characters from 1 and 2, you'll surely enjoy this one, but I'm not sure that it should be taken as being quite the same as 1 and 2, nor being as good. It's still a solid 8/10 movie with high quality acting, good comedy and action all around.
  12. Oct 18, 2014
    Marty McFly travels to 1885 to save his good friend, Doc Brown before he gets killed, they plan out a way to go back to the future before time runs out.
  13. Oct 22, 2015
    Marty McFly: "Hey, Doc! Where you goin' now? Back to the future?".

Doc: "Nope. Already been there". Marty, Trapped in 1955 digs out the Time Machine from 1885 to rescue Doc Brown back in the Old West from Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen to finally bring them all back to 1985 when the time machine experiences a major problem that can not be dealt with in the late 1800's. Back to the Future
    Marty McFly: "Hey, Doc! Where you goin' now? Back to the future?".

Doc: "Nope. Already been there".

Back to the Future Part III is a satisfying ending to the BTTF franchise. The movie was cool, fun, sweet and intense in some scenes. I like this movie a little more than the second one, but the first one is still the best.
  14. Mar 15, 2015
    While the first two were better, Back to the Future Part Three is a fitting end to the series, the cast is as good as ever, the music is awesome, and the ending doesn't leave anymore questions
  15. SAV
    Jun 28, 2015
    Ultimo capitolo della famosa trilogia, Ritorno al Futuro Parte III é un ottimo film che mette fine alle fantastiche avventure temporali di Marty e Doc. Malgrado io non sia un patito delle ambientazioni western, devo ammettere che il titolo in questione ha saputo divertirmi e coinvolgermi a dovere. Davvero un gran bel film.
  16. Apr 18, 2016
  17. Mar 23, 2016
    Back to the Future III doesn't work with the originals completely. But it has true love, a clear and pretty message to all viewers in general. It is also as full of thriller as the two originals and funny enough to get a great entertainment to the audience, that surely will enjoy this film.
  18. Apr 12, 2016
    La tercera entrega es la mas floja pero sigue siendo una pelicula entretenida, lo peor es que sea en el oeste.
    .......................................................................................................................................................
  19. Jul 22, 2016
    Back to the Future Part 3 pulls off something most final movies in a trilogy cannot, it manages to be great. Part 3 is made to the same level of quality as the first 2, but this time adding a western twist that ends up totally working. Rather than rehashing what the first two did, Part 3 gives you something new and fresh to keep the excitement high. Great writing, great performances, greatBack to the Future Part 3 pulls off something most final movies in a trilogy cannot, it manages to be great. Part 3 is made to the same level of quality as the first 2, but this time adding a western twist that ends up totally working. Rather than rehashing what the first two did, Part 3 gives you something new and fresh to keep the excitement high. Great writing, great performances, great music, great costume and production design, and lots of laughs all contribute to making this movie so awesome. Expand

1. Miami Herald
    Reviewed by: Bill Cosford
    Feb 13, 2013
    Back to the Future Part III nicely concludes the threesome (calling this a "trilogy" confers just a bit too much honor on an extended, live-action cartoon). Unlike the second, III is quite satisfying -- often funny, and ultimately thrilling. [25 May 1990, p.G5]
  2. Newsweek
    Feb 13, 2013
    It's a little late to be spoofing Westerns, and most of the high-noonery in BTTF III falls flat. [4 June 1990, p.82]
  3. Orlando Sentinel
    Reviewed by: Jay Boyar
    Feb 13, 2013
    Although I would rate Part III beneath Part I, the final installment does have the blessing of closure: There's something undeniably satisfying about seeing all those loose ends tied up. [25 May 1990, p.7]