9.1

1. Feb 5, 2014
    A teenager, Marty, finds himself in an accidental time travel into the past where he meets his parents who are young again. He has to create a romance between them so he could be born in the future. Dr. Brown, who invented the time machine in the future, is also his ally in the past, and together they must find a way to send him back to the future.

The story takes place in the same

The story takes place in the same town. The world is a different place in the 1950s from the 80s. The dressing, speech, tastes in music, all of it. Marty, as he says himself, has a life in the future he wants to return to. The plot was intricate and the dialogue sharp and witty. The eccentric Doctor can't go a second without putting a smile on your face.

Marty's arrival in the past confuses a family living on a farm who take him for an alien. He flees from there and marches into the town still in his clothes from the future. At several instances, it is suggested that some of the popular culture was defined by Marty, such as skateboards and rock n roll.

Marty's father, George, is bullied by the same man, Biff, who is also bullying him in the future. Marty starts working on helping his father stand up for himself. He regularly comes into conflict with Biff.

George is afraid of any kind of social contact and Marty has his work cut out for him to convince him to ask his mother out so they could kiss and start a relationship. Much of the humour lies in Marty's struggles to spark fire between his parents which was messed up by his intervention.

His mother, who should have fallen in love with his father, instead becomes infatuated with him. His horror at this development is funny because you know this is a comedy film and everything will work out in the end.

'Back to the Future' is possibly one of the most entertaining movies about time travel, probably because it didn't delve into hard science and combined elements of both science fiction and comedy.
  2. May 19, 2013
    Its plot and the performances of C.Lloyd and MJFox pricipais are your strengths, and the movie sounds fun and not too serious What do makes it an epic science fiction.
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    There is honestly too much to say about this spectacular piece of film! This movie is by far one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all-time and is also in my top 3 favorite movies of all-time. This movie has a great concept and plot that later unfolds into one of the greatest storylines in the history of storylines. Michael J. Fox is fantastic as Marty McFly and delivers some of the mostThere is honestly too much to say about this spectacular piece of film! This movie is by far one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all-time and is also in my top 3 favorite movies of all-time. This movie has a great concept and plot that later unfolds into one of the greatest storylines in the history of storylines. Michael J. Fox is fantastic as Marty McFly and delivers some of the most nostalgic acting I've ever seen, but my favorite performance was Christopher Lloyd's unforgettable, historic role as Dr. Emmett Brown. This character is what you get when you take one of the greatest actors ever and put them in your movie, you get one of the greatest movie characters in Science Fiction history. This movie mixes action with hints of comedy so perfectly that there isn't one point in the movie where you aren't interested in what is happening or what is about to happen. Back to the Future is a gem that should never be overlooked by any moviegoer ever. Expand
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    A really good sci-fi film. Back To The Future takes its premise to the next level with some great effects and a fun, goofy feel to it, like it knows its limits, but tries to push its boundaries anyway.
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    10/10 not because of utmost quality or incredible strengths but for an all-around flawless film.

I wouldn't say this movie shines particularly through any of its parts, whether it's acting, writing, directing, music, storytelling, for all these parts are equally very good. The real strength of BttF is that it brings together an epic sci-fi story with emotional character involvement,

The real strength of BttF is that it brings together an epic sci-fi story with emotional character involvement, lots of story threads that are brought together in a beautiful result and comedy to seal it all into one excellent flick.

It takes seeing the movie to see why exactly it is so good, but mainly, the thing that kept amazing me, besides Fox and Lloyd's excellent acting in their over-the-top comedic roles as a young courageous teenager and an old loony genius scientist, besides the value of a flawless time travel plot, besides the numerous moments where this movie made me laugh, made me awwww, or made me feel tension, the main excellency of this movie is how every bit of it is executed pretty much perfectly. Every foreshadowing is subtle, believable in the story and doesn't come off like a plot device. Every event or action in the movie makes perfect sense and is at the same time subtle and powerful. There isn't a time in Back to the Future 1 where I thought that something wasn't sensible or plausible, it all fits perfectly in a plot of great complexity that mixes romance, time traveling, science, and a lot of likeable characters of all types, nerdy George McFly, aspiring rockstar Marty McFly, Lorraine McFly, Doc Emmett Brown, and even Biff, the movie's main villain.

So it may not be the best movie ever, I mean other movies have been more memorable with one element or the other to me, but I certainly can't find a real flaw in it, it's a movie that's enjoyable in every one of its aspects and does every bit of the job just perfectly.
  6. Aug 29, 2014
    Back to the Future is a great movie. Smart, thought provoking and very exciting. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd's chemistry is great and very memorable. This movie is an INSTANT CLASSIC.
  7. Jun 25, 2015
    Is this movie dated? Kinda. But I think that's to the film's benefit. It's about time travel, so I think it's okay to feel dated. The movie is still charming and funny, plus the effects still hold up well. It's one of my favorite movies.
  8. Mar 14, 2014
    Do I need to say it Back to the Future is a great movie. It was a good story, wonderful characters, and fantastic presentation. See it if you haven’t already.
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    It's easy to see why this is a classic. Humor and charming characters are what makes this so great. Fantastic performances are all around and it's not hard to be taken in by the films magic, especially during the tense third-act. If it does have one flaw it's that this film has been to big of an influence for other time traveling science-fiction stories. A lot of the plot threads, likeIt's easy to see why this is a classic. Humor and charming characters are what makes this so great. Fantastic performances are all around and it's not hard to be taken in by the films magic, especially during the tense third-act. If it does have one flaw it's that this film has been to big of an influence for other time traveling science-fiction stories. A lot of the plot threads, like accidentally changing the events of the future, have been done to death as of today, and if you're like me and didn't watch this movie until many years after it has come out then this flaw becomes abundantly clear. Also the film gets surprisingly dark in content for one or two scenes (there's almost a rape). Overall it's a highly enjoyable film that had me laughing and on the edge of my seat. It may be a little familiar by todays standards, but it's still a great film and a classic. Expand
  10. Jul 7, 2013
    A smile that is hard to fade is present after watching the blockbuster that is Back to the Future, a time-travelling adventure that explores every possible outcome for such a complex idea, but even through its many explanations and big words of flux capacitors and things, there is such fun and messing around to be had, with added drama that equals to quite the varied film that fills itselfA smile that is hard to fade is present after watching the blockbuster that is Back to the Future, a time-travelling adventure that explores every possible outcome for such a complex idea, but even through its many explanations and big words of flux capacitors and things, there is such fun and messing around to be had, with added drama that equals to quite the varied film that fills itself with plenty to be entertained about.
    Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) is the seemingly average teen who lives with a family that is at the bottom of the food chain, something that only seems to bother Marty.
    He has a friend in the form of scientist Emmet "Doc" Brown (Christopher Lloyd), who informs him that he has created a time machine, something Marty can only snort at but soon must believe the ridiculous nature of it and get himself out of a big problem, returning to the future with the unnecessary tools to do so after he has accidentally landed in 1955. But the opportunities he has while trying to fix the DeLorean time machine are endless as he has the chance to repair the circumstances to which his mother and father met and to perhaps changes their fortunes, but this is going against the warnings his friend Doc outlines to him, that he cannot get involved in any situations that may alter the future as these could have dyer consequences.
    The almost impeccable writing and direction from Robert Zemeckis promote a changing of the winds in science fiction film, he has played with the idea of time travel but delivered an energetic and larger than life story that is bursting with jokes, pop culture references and characters who all have their own traits that will change their fate, Lea Thompson plays the hilarious Lorraine McFly, mother to Marty, but someone who, in 1955, has the hots for the man who has travelled back in time, her son.
    Whether she is swooning after him or remarking on the nature of having your own name on your underwear (she thinks his name is Calvin Klein), her chemistry along with her future husband George (Crispin Glover), is a nice emotional kick for the film. But the real magic comes from Chris Lloyd and Michael J. Fox, who not only create to iconic characters, but also ones who are enjoyable to watch and easy to quote.
    The film boasts excellent effects and a riveting score, and for re-watch value it is unmatched. A real gem can be hard to find in the current onslaught of big budget films, but Back to the Future set the benchmark and keeps on giving time and time again.
  11. Jan 5, 2014
    Um dos filmes mais divertidos de todos os tempos.
  12. May 14, 2013
    I'd seen this film before along with the other two but not for a while so I decided to refresh my memory on them. What a creative idea these films are! There is so much to like about it with all the twists and turns, and likable characters and great acting. It's a little hard to follow at times, and I had to research bits about the ending; but overall it's a solid film and a classic 80'sI'd seen this film before along with the other two but not for a while so I decided to refresh my memory on them. What a creative idea these films are! There is so much to like about it with all the twists and turns, and likable characters and great acting. It's a little hard to follow at times, and I had to research bits about the ending; but overall it's a solid film and a classic 80's one as well (and could possibly be my favourite film from that era) and a must-see for sure! Collapse
  13. Sep 15, 2013
    Back to the Future really painted a nice plot that filled itself in at every point. The imagination and creativity was quite outstanding. Some of the ideas feel a little used, however this is 2013, and many of them were partially introduced by this movie. Overall, I quite liked the original storyline.
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    This film is a classic- everything about it is genius. The script is sensational and totally original in every way, creating one entertaining thing after another. The music is inspiring, the comedy is hilarious, the acting is amazing (from all members). This film is a huge hit that will entertain forever more in the future.
  15. Jan 18, 2014
    [REUPLOAD]
    [REUPLOAD]
  16. Sep 8, 2014
    Ever since this movie was released, it was an instant classic. The Movie has great acting, great story and is one of the most enjoyable movies of all time.
  17. Nov 29, 2013
    It has a good bit of science fiction mixed with a comedy that made this movie one of my favorites. It does have some cheesy moments, but of coarse, this was an older movie. It has a good plot, with fairly good acting. There are some things that you will miss the first few times you see this movie.
  18. Nov 29, 2013
    Back to the Future is funny and inventive, providing a lot of humour and interesting, well-acted characters to serve its truly unique plot which would serve as a benchmark for other future science fiction films.
  19. Dec 16, 2013
    This movie is a classic.
    The characters are very unique, The story is very good as well the concept is very interesting.
    If you love a good sci-fi, this is a film for you. Overall a great film for almost anyone to enjoy

Rating 10/10
    -C_
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    While the same cannot be said for it's sequels, the original Back To The Future is a timeless film that retains all of it's 80s charm 30+ years later. The special effects could use a touch up in the recent blu-ray release, but there is also nothing wrong with staying true to the original. BTTF, along with Goonies, Gremlins, Ferris Beullers Day Off and The Breakfast Club are likeWhile the same cannot be said for it's sequels, the original Back To The Future is a timeless film that retains all of it's 80s charm 30+ years later. The special effects could use a touch up in the recent blu-ray release, but there is also nothing wrong with staying true to the original. BTTF, along with Goonies, Gremlins, Ferris Beullers Day Off and The Breakfast Club are like time-capsules to that time in the 80s when science fiction was fresh and fun and being a cool teenager was lifes highest aspiration. Like all of those films, Back To The Future will leave a smile on your face every time. Expand
  21. Dec 15, 2013
    The genius here cannot be understated. Films like this get made all the time and flop but this one hit the nail on the head. There are more memorable lines and scenes from this movie than all the other movies from 1986 combined! Doc Brown was so fun to watch.
  22. Mar 14, 2014
    as if back to the future at the end it always has another movie . i like back to the future it is very creative and always gets better every second including biff the guy who calls everyone a but head
  23. Mar 20, 2015
    One of my favourite movies of all time! It's funny! It's well put together! Michael J. Fox does a fantastic job as Marty McFly, and Christopher Lloyd does a fantastic job as Doc Brown. I thought the story was tense, and extremely well done. The way the past version of Hill Valley was sort of a parallel version of Hill Valley from 1985 was really smart, and using the clock tower which hadOne of my favourite movies of all time! It's funny! It's well put together! Michael J. Fox does a fantastic job as Marty McFly, and Christopher Lloyd does a fantastic job as Doc Brown. I thought the story was tense, and extremely well done. The way the past version of Hill Valley was sort of a parallel version of Hill Valley from 1985 was really smart, and using the clock tower which had been hinted to before was a great tie in. The ending was already pretty good, and then Doc Brown said "Where we're going, we don't need roads..." and the movie was officially made by that one line. However, nothing can be flawless, as there are some problems. First off, Biff was generic, and didn't have much character. I wish they had expanded on him. Also, the old people make-up on Marty's parents and Biff at the beginning of the movie isn't very good, and there's really no explanation for why the teacher hates Marty so much. Like I said, Biff is stereotypical, and Biff is an extremely cliche bully name. The closest thing to a plot hole that I can find is the fact that no one saw the car disappear when the lightning hit. I mean....really? It's especially "convenient" when it occurred RIGHT NEXT TO A SCHOOL DANCE, A.K.A, a very crowded place. Now that I think about it, technically at the end of the movie, Marty's family are totally different from who they'd been before, and Marty has no memories with them, which is pretty sad. Overall, in the future, I'll always come back to this movie. BACK TO THE FUTURE!

Just as a side-note, I would have given this movie an 8.5 if Metacritic allowed for decimal ratings. The last thing I will say, is that Back to the Future had great music!
  24. Nov 9, 2014
  25. Oct 18, 2014
    Marty McFly goes back in time, in a DeLorean invented by his friend, Dr. Emmett Brown, and must make sure his high-school-age parents get together, so he doesn't cease to exist.
  26. Mar 15, 2015
    My favorite movie of all time, The acting is amazing with Christopher Lloyd, Michael J Fox, and the rest of the cast. The story is very interesting, if not confusing at times, and it's interesting to see show events turn out in the future with the choices that Marty makes in the past
  27. Jun 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robert Zemekis' three dimensional time defying sci-fi thriller has really aged well for the last 30 years, and with its special anniversary coming up, we look back at the adventures thrills this must see masterpiece had to offer.

Michael J. Fox in his biggest break, plays the flamboyant 80s teen wonder Marty McFly who wishes to hit a big break of his own and cease being the school loser, but when the eccentric scientist Dr. Emmet Brown(Christopher Lloyds)'s new time travel car is unveiled a series of unfortunate events sends Marty on the most unexpected situation of his life when he is sent back to 1955.

In a desperate mission to return back to the present (1985) Marty enlists the help of a younger Dr. Brown as well as the power of the notorious lightning bolt that will disable the town's clock tower on this faithful week in town history, (also his only one way meal ticket back to the present) to get back and get things right again.

But soon Marty's future soon becomes in danger when Lorraine Baines (Lea Thompson) the girl who would be his mother becomes lovestruck by him, he must convince her to hook up with George McFly the boy who would be Marty's father, who in an another bad situation is also the town's loser and his biggest rival being Lorraine's ex-boyfriend and school bully Biff.

There is comedy, sci-fi, romance, thrills, and lots of SUSPENSE!! as well as history and 100% nostalgia that will make you laugh and cry, a touching family venture that still astounds audiences in more ways than one! a film that is too good for me it never seems to get old either the best film of the 80s!
  28. Apr 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie was really good. I found myself really like this movie. the charters are good the story is good. there is one problem so at the end of the film moray parent are different from before but we say them 100 present different in the begging. Expand
  29. May 9, 2015
    Had Back to the Future come to life as originally envisioned by the purse string-holders at Universal Pictures (which owned the rights to Bob Gale's screenplay), it might have been a very different project, with Eric Stoltz in the lead role. Stoltz, however, bowed out early during filming due to that ever-popular reason: "creative differences," opening the door for Michael J. Fox (or, asHad Back to the Future come to life as originally envisioned by the purse string-holders at Universal Pictures (which owned the rights to Bob Gale's screenplay), it might have been a very different project, with Eric Stoltz in the lead role. Stoltz, however, bowed out early during filming due to that ever-popular reason: "creative differences," opening the door for Michael J. Fox (or, as nearly everyone knew him at the time, Alex P. Keaton). Would Back to the Future have become a modern classic with a different lead actor? That's as much of an unknown as what Casablanca would have been like with Ronald Reagan asking Sam to play "As Time Goes By." What is known, however, is that the version of Back to the Future produced by Robert Zemeckis remains one of the mid-'80s most enduring and enjoyable confections: an infectious mix of comedy, fantasy, satire, excitement, and nostalgia.

Back to the Future is played neither entirely seriously nor entirely for laughs, and therein lies the nature of its success. It's funny and breezy but doesn't descend to a level where the characters are little more than props for jokes. We believe in Marty, like him, and root for him to succeed. Part of the reason for that is Michael J. Fox, whose unforced screen charisma had already made him a huge television success. (He was the #1 reason Family Ties was a Sunday night staple.) Fox brought a lion's share of that "aw shucks" affability to Marty, and Back to the Future launched Fox's big-screen career. In order to appear in Back to the Future (once he had agreed to replace Stoltz), Fox had to go virtually without sleep. During the day on weekdays, he would film Family Ties episodes. At nights and on weekends, he made Back to the Future.

Like Crocodile Dundee one year later, Back to the Future is at its heart a "fish out of water" story, about an '80s boy being trapped in a 1950s small town. His mother is smitten with him, the local bully doesn't like him, his dad is a wimp, and he doesn't fully understand the customs and lingo of the period in which he has become stranded. Plus, there are the twin difficulties of repairing a state-of-the-art 1980s time machine using 1950s technology and patching the damage his presence has caused to the time continuum. Zemeckis plays much of this with a light touch, but when there are opportunities for some excitement (as when Marty has a deadline to get to the "finish line" or risk not getting to 1986 until he's middle-aged), he milks it for all it's worth. Back to the Future leaves viewers a little breathless, but not drained - exhilarated and smiling.

Nostalgia plays a role in Back to the Future's success. For kids in the '80s, it suggested the '50s of Leave it to Beaver and other black-and-white sit-coms that were in UHF re-runs around the time Back to the Future opened. For 40-somethings, the movie provided a glimpse of their past through rose-colored glasses (always the best way to remember high school). When the film is watched today, some 25 years after its release, the nostalgia is double-barreled. Now, the '80s scenes are as evocative as the '50s material.

f there's a problem with Back to the Future, it's the film's ending, which left open the expectation that there would be more chapters to come. In fact, the movie was originally designed as a one-off project, with the final scene being a quirky way to wrap up things rather than a teaser for another installment. However, when Back to the Future topped the 1985 box office and public sentiment was high in wanting to know what the problem was with Marty and Jennifer's kids, Zemeckis went to work on Back to the Future Part II and III, which were filmed back-to-back and took four years to reach the screen.

The '80s were a dark and cynical decade, remembered by most for excesses of consumption and greed. Back to the Future is unapologetically lighthearted and upbeat - a tonic for a weary movie-going society. Even its theme song (Huey Lewis' "The Power of Love") brought a smile to the face on its way up the charts to the #1 position. For Zemeckis, this represented an opportunity to join his buddy Steven Spielberg on the A-list - his next film would be Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Forrest Gump was less than a decade away. Like Spielberg, Zemeckis has a keen understanding of how to blend diverse elements of comedy, action, adventure, and drama into concoctions that win over audiences.

It's the kind of alchemy that, on those rare occasions when it materializes, cannot be replicated - as the filmmakers discovered when they re-assembled for Back to the Future Part II. The magic lasted for one film, and that's the one to re-visit.
  30. Jun 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marty is a normal highschool student in Hill Valley. He likes a rock n rall and skateboard, and get a great friend, Doc Brown who convert 'DeLorean-car' to 'DeLorean-timemachine.' One day, terrorist assult Doc Brown and Marty bacause of plutonium. Doc get a gunshot, and Marty drive the DeLorean until 88mile per hour to rewind 30 years, for changing today. After Marty arrive the past, he tries to save Brown, but he doesn`t accept his suggestion. Doing that, Marty take a chance that meet his parents, but he get in the trouble related his life.

Because he go back to the past, Brown save his life and black mayor get errected. It is 'today' to Marty but 'past' to Brown and other people. Therefore, I think Marty change only one thing, his family. In Marty`s past, they got unfair treatment, but, in Marty`s future, they become a high class.

Watching this movie, I take a long time to think about time travel. I want to ask one question to you, If you go back to the past, can you change something in today? My answer is no, because all about today`s situations are caused by past things` conclutions. Your today is another`s past. However, in Back to the Future, Marty change his 1985s. In my opinion, it is just dramatic elements or the message that movie director want to send to audiences, "humans are strong as can change the future." (or not)

1. Reviewed by: Adam Smith
    Feb 13, 2013
    Among the plethora of innocent charms on offer, there's the near perfect script by Zemekis and Bob Gale which not only negotiates its time travel paradoxes with deft, exuberant wit but invests the light-hearted plot machinations with a seasoning note of honest drama.
  2. Reviewed by: David Sterritt
    Feb 13, 2013
    Back to the Future doesn't exactly leap out of the starting gate, and some scenes are strung out by gimmicky editing. But the story picks up steam as it goes along, and the last third is especially full of speedy surprises. [3 July 1985, p.23]
  3. Reviewed by: Laurie Horn
    Feb 13, 2013
    For girls and boys who like games, ideas and toys, Back to the Future probably is worth an afternoon's good giggle. But baby boomers be forewarned: You had a better guffaw at Son of Flubber! [3 July 1985, p.D9]