8.6

1. Aug 29, 2012
    I love Backdraft it's my alltime favorite firefighter movie this movie is claer cut of how a ood cast,great direction and story plus jaw dropping fire scenes filled with special effects can amke a movie so good.Backdraft's storyline starts out in familar territory then begins to tread on unexplored areas of storytelling.The cast in this film is as much of a presence as the fire.Ron HowardI love Backdraft it's my alltime favorite firefighter movie this movie is claer cut of how a ood cast,great direction and story plus jaw dropping fire scenes filled with special effects can amke a movie so good.Backdraft's storyline starts out in familar territory then begins to tread on unexplored areas of storytelling.The cast in this film is as much of a presence as the fire.Ron Howard who reallys surprised me with this movie tis wasn't something he usually did bt he pulled it off wonderfully.That is why I gave this film a perfect score. Expand
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    This movie is a very enjoyable watch... the critics are being far too harsh here!!! "you go, we go!" absolutely epic stuff... maybe i have a bit of 90's nostalgia but do urself a fav and check it ouy!
  3. May 21, 2014
    Not a lot of people can truly say that they have a one unique favorite movie thats stands out from the rest. However for me Backdraft does. Directed by Ron Howard with an all star cast , Backdraft is the story of Chicago Firefighters of Engine 17. The film begins seeing young Brian McCaffrey (William Baldwin) witnessing his fathers death at a building fire. We cut to 17 years later BrianNot a lot of people can truly say that they have a one unique favorite movie thats stands out from the rest. However for me Backdraft does. Directed by Ron Howard with an all star cast , Backdraft is the story of Chicago Firefighters of Engine 17. The film begins seeing young Brian McCaffrey (William Baldwin) witnessing his fathers death at a building fire. We cut to 17 years later Brian having just graduated as a candidate Firefighter , he and his older brother Lt Stephen McCaffery (Played By Kurt Russell) don't get along so well , Stephen tempers with Brians station so that Brian is sent to his Department , Stephen looks over Brian & worrys about him after a factory fire , Brian did not listen to Stephens orders and nearly got killed. After a few weeks Stephen convinces Brian to give up being a Firefighter. Meanwhile thorought the movie , the Department responds to numerous calls that have been killing people with Backdrafts. Brian get's a new Job withfire inspector Donald Rimgale (Played by Robert De Niro), Him & Donald investigate how & who is causing the backdrafts which end in an epic finally and a extremly sad ending. Why do I love this movie ? well beside from the fact that it has stunning special effects & visuals , amazing music & strong performances. I love it being that I watched it at a very young age and since then , my whole life i've wanted to be a firefighter , sure its farfetched & far from real but thats not the point. The movie made me love Firefighters & My dream is to someday be a professional firefighter. I could watch this movie 10 times a day and never get tired of it. Its one of those movies that get's even better after you watch it again & again . Backdraft.....Thank you. Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    It's definitely a good story, a poor performance on Baldwin but Russell does a good job, excellent special effects, and for those critics that say that there were too many fire in the movie I say HELLO!!!!! it's a firefighter's story, it's absolutely expected to see some flames in the movie don't you think? Well, it has a good plot and a great ending.
  5. Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks to a refreshingly straightforward story, stellar directorial skills from Ron Howard, and an absolutely mind-blowing set of special effects, "Backdraft" makes for a worthy blockbuster of the greatly intelligent kind.

A noisy, impenetrable and totally nonsensical cogitation on the nature of firefighters and the sizzling "animal" they love...We just wish somebody would call 911 for boredom.
  2. Reviewed by: Kathleen Maher
    Absolutely marvelous special effects are the salvation and the curse of this movie.
    What I regret is that all of the expertise lavished on this movie couldn't have been put at the service of a more intelligent story about real firemen, real working conditions, real heroism, and the real craft and art of fire-fighting.