6.0

1. Jan 1, 2013
    one of the funniest, most energetic buddy-action films out there, bad boys ii is certainly cliched but, dayum is it satisfying to watch, the action scenes are like controlled chaos, the cast does a solid job, and the plot is actually comprehensible... unlike most action films today... if you still nurture that part of you that likes to see ass-kickings, shootouts, explosions, crashes, hotone of the funniest, most energetic buddy-action films out there, bad boys ii is certainly cliched but, dayum is it satisfying to watch, the action scenes are like controlled chaos, the cast does a solid job, and the plot is actually comprehensible... unlike most action films today... if you still nurture that part of you that likes to see ass-kickings, shootouts, explosions, crashes, hot women, etc. then you will have a hard time finding anything much better than this. Expand
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Despite all the cool buddy cop (slow-mo) action Michael Bay throws in, a Hollywood movie is a Hollywood movie. "Bad Boys 2" is a prime example of what a real time-consuming movie should be. No more, no less.
  3. Nov 7, 2012
    This could be the worst film Michael Bay ever made. What does THAT tell you?
  4. Nov 11, 2010
    Will Smith is good. Martin Lawrence is mehh. The first one was bad enough, and this was like that but with more/worse action scenes and a frustrating story. I didn't like.
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    Bad Boys, Bad Boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when we come for you? Seriously, I don't get all the negativity towards this film. Its just a great action-comedy where Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are again in top form as Mike Lawrie and Marcus Barnett. In terms of entertainment this is non-stop action set at a fantastic pace. The story again focuses upon the Miami drug scene withBad Boys, Bad Boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when we come for you? Seriously, I don't get all the negativity towards this film. Its just a great action-comedy where Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are again in top form as Mike Lawrie and Marcus Barnett. In terms of entertainment this is non-stop action set at a fantastic pace. The story again focuses upon the Miami drug scene with a new villain in Johnny Tapia the kingpin, set in motion Mike and Marcus to bring him down but what follows isn't just sheer entertainment its sex, violence and genuine laughter! Smith and Lawrence are awesome together. Bad Boys 2 is an instant classic which exceeds the original. Bring on Bad Boys 3!!! Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Dime a dozen, action-packed refuse.
  7. Dec 6, 2012
    It's easy to tell when you're watching a Michael Bay movie, particularly from post-90s Bay. He is a straight-up action junkie, and "Bad Boys II" is perhaps as much of an action flick as you could get, flying from one scene to the next in a visually pompous, grandiose and sometimes distracting style. Bay's lack of proof at delivering good acting is saved to a certain extent here by theIt's easy to tell when you're watching a Michael Bay movie, particularly from post-90s Bay. He is a straight-up action junkie, and "Bad Boys II" is perhaps as much of an action flick as you could get, flying from one scene to the next in a visually pompous, grandiose and sometimes distracting style. Bay's lack of proof at delivering good acting is saved to a certain extent here by the always-enjoyable Will Smith and sometimes-enjoyable Martin Lawrence, and the plot is - as usual - written to serve action and visual interest rather than characters and compelling suspense. Also signature of Bay here is a well-rounded melting pot of pubescence and common denominators - the screen is bursting at the seams virtually every minute with frenetic car chases and gunfights, bloody shootings, pissed off characters in love with profanity and the camera's adolescent adoration for sexual imagery and innuendo. Hell, in this round Bay treats himself to a substantial amount of somewhat disturbing mortuary humor and cadaver carnage, even resorting to throwing fat dead bodies off the back of a truck and watching them subsequently squashed and mutilated by traffic.

Still, despite all the over-the-line black comedy and lack of any substantive character development or plotwriting, the action scenes are mostly a lot of fun, and it's still nice to see car chases and massive destruction that isn't just CGI. True, you do have some computer cars swerving and tumbling down highways in a mayhem that likely defies many laws of physics, but you also have a Hummer careening madly down a hill of shacks and houses, followed by trails of explosions and enemy gunfire. Even when led by Will Smith, this can never make for great filmmaking, but this is Michael Bay at his adolescent best, and in this movie he can be largely forgiven for his momentary transgressions due to the overall popcorn factor of the flick. Just be warned - if you don't have the stomach for brutal bloody violence, hundreds of F-words, or hiding under sheets with dead big-breasted cadavers, "Bad Boys II" will not be your cup of tea. If you don't mind a barrage of mindless teenage eye candy, then perhaps you'll find this a treat. For me, I give it a rating straight down the middle. Fun action, some funny moments, and nice special effects, but stuffed with meatless filler of a plot. Okay, but not that great.
  8. Jun 14, 2014
    Possibly one of the worst movies ever. But it is funny as hell, and everyone (par any people of nervous dispositions) should watch this. Probably not worth buying, but one of the best, worst films, of all time.
  9. Dec 30, 2012
    I love Will Smith in all his movies but this was poor at times by Martin Lawrence. Pathetic at times but I have to give it an 8 since its a Will Smith movie. Without him I would give it a 4. There was some comedy in it that was actually funny. I posted the same thing on Bad Boys because I feel as though the movies were practically the same in many ways.
  10. Jan 29, 2015
    It's been almost 12 years since Bad Boys II hit theatres, and blew my mind. I don't even remember the noisy first movie, I just didn't like it that much, even though it has higher ratings. Bad Boys II completely changes the game by throwing in more drugs, sex and stupendously bloody violence, and boy was it entertaining. Michael Bay is one of the most disliked directors, okay, but with BB2It's been almost 12 years since Bad Boys II hit theatres, and blew my mind. I don't even remember the noisy first movie, I just didn't like it that much, even though it has higher ratings. Bad Boys II completely changes the game by throwing in more drugs, sex and stupendously bloody violence, and boy was it entertaining. Michael Bay is one of the most disliked directors, okay, but with BB2 he totally has realized a new genre of action thrillers on their own, for example- the car chases are the most best chases I have ever seen in a movie. He blends Lethal Weapon and Boyz In Da Hood and Pineapple Express together, and experiments with his movie elements. The result is a lush Miami setting, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence at their comedic best, a drug fulled story, car and gun chases, and sgexy women. What more could you want from an action movie. It's not a movie for serious critics or people who don't like action movies. BB2 is a hidden classic action flick, it's well paced, smartly written and brilliantly acted. The appeal is beautiful. And it still technically holds up in 2015. I hope the third one is good! The nose fun you will have watching a movie, period. Expand
  11. Sep 6, 2013
    Despite all the bad reviews coming from the critics, the sequel has more action and humor just like the first one! If you seen the first one, you may love it or hate it.

1. With a body built for action and a smile made for comedy, Smith eases through his scenes -- cool but never scary, a touch hip-hop and thoroughly audience-friendly. And unlike Lawrence, he can act. Smith's ability to put over a scene, combined with his matinee charm, goes a long way to making the film's violence palatable.
  2. If you think you're tough enough, go ahead and sit through the endurance test that is Bad Boys 2, a brutal, 2 1/2-hour display of production overkill.
    But damn it if the film doesn't work as what it's supposed to be: a big, brainless blast o' boom at the box office.