7.9

1. DudleyR.
    Dec 6, 2003
    There are no words to tell you how funny and insane this movie truly is. Go see it and enjoy.
  2. JamalJ.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Jamal liked Bad Santa. It was cool. Right on.
  3. MikeM.
    Nov 30, 2003
    Raw, rauncy, outrageous and daresay, nearly perfectly criminal when it comes down to it. To hear everything coming out of Billy Bob's mouth will become increasingly harder as the movie goes on (from lauging out loud). There is symbolizism with Bernie Mac and the cigerettes and oranges that gives depth to his character. Great performances all around especially the late John Ritter and Raw, rauncy, outrageous and daresay, nearly perfectly criminal when it comes down to it. To hear everything coming out of Billy Bob's mouth will become increasingly harder as the movie goes on (from lauging out loud). There is symbolizism with Bernie Mac and the cigerettes and oranges that gives depth to his character. Great performances all around especially the late John Ritter and Tony Cox. There's also a few great scenes with Cloris Leachman. The Coen Brothers wrote a masterpiece here that could go down as a cult favorite a few years from now. Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    Easily one of the best comedies ever made. It's not just the hilarious script and premise that make it stand out, but it has a lot of heart too. For me it's a feel good film and every time I watch it I come away slightly choked up, in a good way. Amazing performances all around, just pure perfection really. I wish Zwigoff would hurry up and make a new film.
  5. EarlJ.
    Jul 7, 2004
    That guy down there said bernie mac isnt funny. some people!
  6. ChuckM.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Perfect. I put off renting this one for quite a while because the trailers made it look lame. I figured Terry Zwigoff finally sold out but I was wrong. This is as funny as any of his other films. I don't understand the half-wits who didn't think the movie was funny but, hey, it takes all kinds (I guess)...
  7. Spriggangirl
    Dec 3, 2003
    Bad santa,Good film!!
    Dec 3, 2003
    What a great movie! Funny and sad at the same time.
  9. parmss
    Nov 6, 2004
    This movie is class. So enjoyable.
  10. LeroyT.
    Jan 18, 2004
    Billy Bob rocks!
  11. WaltH.
    Mar 5, 2004
    It made a Billy Bob Thornton fan out of me. I went to "Slingblade next... He's great ! !
  12. TylerC.
    Jun 26, 2004
    This movie was just too funny for words. Anyone who appreciates the whole alcoholic/santa mystique will find this witty. I laughed too many times to count. This was a rarity in movies made in this era. This was no stupid "Old School" movie. This actually had a lot of talent in the chamber.
  13. CosmicStarGoat
    Jul 22, 2004
    Thorton was perfect in this hilarious comedy. Buy the DVD uncut version!
  14. MichaelC.
    Jul 7, 2004
    Hilarious! I really can't begin to describe how funny this movie is. Billy Bob delivers an awesome performance as one of the best anti-heroes of all time. If you're easily offended, this is not the movie for you. However, if you're ready for a great laugh, leave your morals at the door and pop this one in.
  15. BrianG.
    Nov 29, 2003
    This was the best anti-commericalized christmas movie of all time... A lot of people in the theatre were laughing ... If you don't care for holiday cheer and want to tell everyone what you really think about this stressful time of year... see this movie.
  16. RobertH.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Went to see it on word of mouth. This is a dark, dark black comedy spoofing life and especially the Xmas season. Billy Bob Thorton as a down and out loser is superb. He stays in character throughout the movie which translates to silver screen very well. He is one bad dude, and despite all of his flaws and total disregard for humanity, you are drawn to him like a bee to honey. There are Went to see it on word of mouth. This is a dark, dark black comedy spoofing life and especially the Xmas season. Billy Bob Thorton as a down and out loser is superb. He stays in character throughout the movie which translates to silver screen very well. He is one bad dude, and despite all of his flaws and total disregard for humanity, you are drawn to him like a bee to honey. There are some fall off of a chair, pee in your pants bathroom humor; but despite that, one can only hope that Billy Bob can find himself that indeed life has a purpose. In doing so, although you laugh, you also feel his pain. In other words despite being a comedy it will evoke your emotions as you leave the theater having some emotion. Definitely a sleeper hit, but I caution it is not for children. Lots of bad language and sexual implications. Expand
  17. HarryH.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Absolutely freaking hilarious laugh out loud black comedy. Not for children and destined to become a Holiday classic. Billy Bob Thorton is marvelous and the supporting cast surrounds him to perfection. Don't miss it.
  18. PaulaW.
    Dec 5, 2003
    Bad Movie my eye! This is destined to reach cult status as did Animal House. It is the Anti-Xmas movie and thank God for that. It pokes fun at all of us for the way we have become so commercialized at this time of year. Billy Bob is simply outstanding and his supporting cast is hilarious in the way they play up to him. Without doubt the best movie out but a word of caution that you should Bad Movie my eye! This is destined to reach cult status as did Animal House. It is the Anti-Xmas movie and thank God for that. It pokes fun at all of us for the way we have become so commercialized at this time of year. Billy Bob is simply outstanding and his supporting cast is hilarious in the way they play up to him. Without doubt the best movie out but a word of caution that you should not bring your children or adults not possessing a grand sense of bathroom humor. Not 30 seconds go by without Billy Bob shouting another obscenity at someone (kids included.) Collapse
  19. WarrenT.
    Dec 5, 2003
    Drop dead funny that has you rolling in the aisle.
  20. DenzelN.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Too funny for words. And speaking of words, not two sentences go by before Billy Bob utters another curse word. Just hilarious and bound to become a cult classic.
  21. WaltD.
    Jan 24, 2004
    Without a doubt one of the funniest movies I have seen in some time. It's hilarious and will surely become a cult classic in time. Don't miss it.
  22. RussellL-H
    Jan 5, 2004
    I was surprised (and a bit ashamed) at how much I laughed. This will be one of those movies that people rent year after year as the perfect antedote for the holiday season. I still find myself repeating some of the crudest lines to my friends. The worse the Santa - the better the movie.
  23. BubbaFresh
    Jan 7, 2004
    Holds nothing back with regards to political correctness. That is why this movie is so great. Extremely funny if you despise annoying snot faced kids and love drinking.
  24. TimS.
    Jun 26, 2004
    This is a super funny movie. If your a prude please don't watch this movie, It's not made for everyone. I wonder what the people that gave this movie a low score actually think funny is? Just step away from the movie before you get your feelings hurt. Gaa-gaa goo goo, baby wants thier bottle back?
  25. BrianH.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Truly funny and compleatly unexpected. not for everybody, but if you like relentless dark, gritty comedy, don't let the wimps out there talk you out of seeing this one.
  26. TylerD.
    Aug 5, 2005
    Genius. Total genius. Billy Bob Thorton shines in this movie. With Bad Santa, you get a laugh a minute. Brett Kelly is awesome!
  27. AndyA.
    Nov 27, 2003
    Laughed out loud at lot!
  28. RobB.
    Nov 29, 2003
    This movie is f..kin hilarious! Definitely on my top 10 list of all time! Not one minute without a profanity. There's gonna be a lot of pissed parents that brought little Johnny thinking it was the perfect family movie.
  29. MikeI.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Hilarious. My eyes watered and my nose ran all the way through.
  30. PaulaD.
    Dec 13, 2003
    Hilarious good fun.
  31. CedrickS.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Bad Santa is brilliantly well written, like watching the archetypical American male's id given human form and set loose in all his ugly splendour. Yes, he drinks himself into a stupor, likes nasty loving with large women, and has a foul mouth. It's way over the top, but anything less wouldn't be as funny, and more importantly wouldn't do justice to the concept. This is Bad Santa is brilliantly well written, like watching the archetypical American male's id given human form and set loose in all his ugly splendour. Yes, he drinks himself into a stupor, likes nasty loving with large women, and has a foul mouth. It's way over the top, but anything less wouldn't be as funny, and more importantly wouldn't do justice to the concept. This is a crude movie, but people who say it lacks depth are just missing the point. Bad Santa's theme is about finding a purpose in life, and finding peace with yourself. It's a subtle play on the typical Christmas movie message of redemption. At the end, BB Thornton's character is still a loathsome scumbag, but he goes through some introspection and finds a purpose to it all. If nasty language offends you, stay away. Otherwise, this movie will not disappoint. I dare even say, my friends and I'll probably be giving this yearly viewings before Christmas. Expand
  32. PeytonW.
    Dec 6, 2003
    Extremely good comedy. Crude humor, but funny crude humor. I was laughing throughout the movie, and there was essentially never a dull moment. A great Christmas film!
  33. AlphaMale
    Dec 9, 2003
    This movie is seriously funny. If you share the directors cynical worldview and you are slightly depressed by the X-mas holilday which is grossly over- commercialized, this foul mouthed diabolical film will give you a nice release.
  34. JohnD.
    Dec 11, 2004
    This is definately the best comedy i've seen in 15 years or so. I had tears in my eyes laughing a couple of times and last time I had that was watching "the moneypit". You can feel the hands of the Coen brothers in this movie and if you like any of their work this is a must see !!.
  35. SaraC.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Billy Bob plays this character superbly. The swearing is what makes it funny, so you have to have an open mind about the language. I laughed my head off!
  36. BlancoA.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Absolutely freakin' hilarious! Best casting of a kid since Engleberg in "Bad News Bears". Billy Bob's nuanced performance is on the money. Even Mac, Ritter, and Graham are phenomenal in their supporting roles. An absolute must-see.
  37. RobB.
  38. Harry
    Dec 14, 2003
    Wako, no wonder you have no teeth. This movie was more funny than the novacaine you were on when you watched it. Bad Santa rocks.
  39. greasefire
    Nov 16, 2005
    This movie is awesome!!!!
  40. Dec 14, 2012
    Dark but hilarious. Billy Bob at his finest. And please don't even get me started on Thurman Murman! They are one of my favorite comedy duos of the century.

1. Isn't up to much of anything besides pretending that swearwords and snot-nosed insults, served up by Santa with an almost institutional monotony, aren't just naughty. They're -- big joke! -- incorrect.
  2. Happens to be extremely funny -- at times sidesplittingly so -- thanks to Zwigoff's way with raw irreverence and Thornton's perfectly pitched, ready-for-anything performance.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    First-rate talent and a uniquely dyspeptic mood separate this effort from more routine, populist stabs at tasteless yukkage.