Dimension Films | Release Date: November 26, 2003
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 282 Ratings
WATCH NOW
FilmVirtueFeb 14, 2014
Funny. Really funny and sweet. Several words can be used to describe Bad Santa, but only "Good" actually stands out. Because it was good. Good enough for me to hope for a sequel.
Lambo442Feb 20, 2014
Easily one of the best comedies ever made. It's not just the hilarious script and premise that make it stand out, but it has a lot of heart too. For me it's a feel good film and every time I watch it I come away slightly choked up, in a goodEasily one of the best comedies ever made. It's not just the hilarious script and premise that make it stand out, but it has a lot of heart too. For me it's a feel good film and every time I watch it I come away slightly choked up, in a good way. Amazing performances all around, just pure perfection really. I wish Zwigoff would hurry up and make a new film. Expand
ErwinK.Dec 19, 2005
Very funny film and policitally incorrect film. What is so surreal about it is that the film ends with a sense of good will, without it being a tacky happy ending. It's hard to describe, but at the end of this offensive movie, i felt Very funny film and policitally incorrect film. What is so surreal about it is that the film ends with a sense of good will, without it being a tacky happy ending. It's hard to describe, but at the end of this offensive movie, i felt strangely uplifted. Expand
GerrickC.Nov 6, 2006
Billy Bob Thorton is absolutely hilarious and serves up a Christmas festival with vular language and an uproarious Black midget.
RobB.Nov 29, 2003
This movie is f..kin hilarious! Definitely on my top 10 list of all time! Not one minute without a profanity. There's gonna be a lot of pissed parents that brought little Johnny thinking it was the perfect family movie.
greasefireNov 16, 2005
This movie is awesome!!!!
asylumspadezNov 19, 2011
While it may not be interesting to some people, Bad Santa is a funny comedy that will keep you laughing from start to finish. It can be rather vulger at times but hey, Its still hilarious.
lususgreeneMay 11, 2011
Ah classic! Just the movie I need when the super crazy commercial nature of Chrismas starts driving me up a wall. When I just can't stand to year an 800 horrifyingly awful version of Frosty the snowman, this is where I turn for relief.Ah classic! Just the movie I need when the super crazy commercial nature of Chrismas starts driving me up a wall. When I just can't stand to year an 800 horrifyingly awful version of Frosty the snowman, this is where I turn for relief. Hysterical, and yet meaningful cause in the end it points out how Christmas should be rather than how it is often treated. Expand
JustChillDec 14, 2012
Dark but hilarious. Billy Bob at his finest. And please don't even get me started on Thurman Murman! They are one of my favorite comedy duos of the century.
FranzHcriticJul 10, 2014
This film had me spitting out my drink. The timing of the actors was so on cue I'm amazed this movie gets so few awards. Billy Bob Thornton and Tony Cox are both the funniest and ridiculous duo that I can name off the top of my head. The kidThis film had me spitting out my drink. The timing of the actors was so on cue I'm amazed this movie gets so few awards. Billy Bob Thornton and Tony Cox are both the funniest and ridiculous duo that I can name off the top of my head. The kid and the bartender had me in stitches. Bernie Mac and John Ritter also gave funny performances. So sad to see them both go, so young. 'Bad Santa' maybe too vulgar for some, but dark comedies are an art form; to take a serious topic, and generate laughs from it takes skill and quality. It shows itself here, if you can get past the language and hedonism. Expand
MovieGuysJan 25, 2014
Bad Santa is a holiday treat. With all the feel-good sentimental flicks out there, this movie is a refreshing counterpart to those movies, with its foul-mouthed, alcoholic protagonist and his also foul-mouthed, temperamental little elf. TheBad Santa is a holiday treat. With all the feel-good sentimental flicks out there, this movie is a refreshing counterpart to those movies, with its foul-mouthed, alcoholic protagonist and his also foul-mouthed, temperamental little elf. The movie is better than you think, and laugh out loud funny. Expand
kyle20ellisAug 25, 2016
Billy Bob plays this character superbly. The swearing is what makes it funny, so you have to have an open mind about the language. I laughed my head off!
moviescriticnetDec 15, 2015
Along with Home Alone that's my favorite Christmas movie. But beware cause this an utterly politically incorrect black comedy.
Billy Bob Thornton is absolutely brilliant as Bad Santa and even got a Golden Globe Nomination for his performance. Even winning an Oscar wouldn't have been a surprise. The story goes as follows: "A miserable conman and his dwarf partner pose as Santa and his Little Helper to rob department stores on Christmas Eve. But they run into problems when the conman befriends a troubled kid." Wtf, even the fat blond kid plays perfectly! The movie manages to succesfully combine drama, comedy and crime and is hilarious without being ridiculous. At the same it's serious without being depressive. Nevertheless it isn't suggested for little kids and for those who can't stomach a sometimes rude and offensive black comedy.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 3, 2016
A treatment of comedy treated like it actually works. Everyone's subjected to their own opinions, but I can't handle these 0's here. They belong somewhere else.
DyliebarMar 2, 2016
Another one of my favorite comedies of all time! It's hilarious, smart, and quite exciting! If you love comedy, you will surely love Bad Santa! It's a huge recommend!