Miramax Films | Release Date: February 11, 2005
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 36 Ratings
WATCH NOW
geethas.Oct 30, 2005
I enjoyed the film.It had humour and good songs. i could see the film happily with elder members without worrying about hot scenes etc. Ash was simply outstanding. The film is worth a second trip.
satyas.May 10, 2006
Light, entertaining fare. Aish makes her english language film debut with beauty & grace.
RinaTSep 9, 2005
It was the best movie i have eva seen. it was funny, colourful , romantic, warm, superb etc n i loved Ash's performance..she was jus too good n looked really beautiful.
RickB.Feb 22, 2006
Yet another movie where asians(in this case INDIANS) are trying to be accepted by, lets see how should i say this, Caucasian. Lets face,when you look at a movie like this, that's what it comes down to. Alot of Chinese, Korean and Indian Yet another movie where asians(in this case INDIANS) are trying to be accepted by, lets see how should i say this, Caucasian. Lets face,when you look at a movie like this, that's what it comes down to. Alot of Chinese, Korean and Indian movies have this...You want an in your face real look at race and lack of a better word "issues", take a look at a little movie called CRASH(one of the best movies ever made). I don't know watching Indian movies is just getting more and more embarrassing to watch.-First, Aishwarya Rai was huge and not in a good way. Yes her looks are amazing, but makeup is even more amazing. They really need to pay makeup artist more money. Martin Henderson could not have been more boring, I mean come ooon did they really have to put such a white guy, they could have picked a normal looking white guy who could act, and suited the part, instead we get a guy that could run for president. The music was annoying compared to other indian movies, and the pace was slow and drawn out. Nothing important and nothing that really interesting, just the same old Sh!t hollywood and now BOLLYWOOD keeps farting out. Alot of white folks i came in contact with really like this movie, I mean who wouldn't like a movie where someone is giving up there culture for you. You know how that feels, wow, i wish they would make a movie of a Chinese girl falling in love and giving up everything for an Indian guy. I would give that movie a 10. But the movie has a good moral point to it thats why i gave it a 1, which is if we all try hard enough you too can end up with a white guy. Please look for my other reviews, a good one is Princess Mononoke. Oh right yea i am asian so please don't get angry(like if i care). Expand
EugeneY.Nov 14, 2005
A rather good movie with a bad start and even worst ending. Namrata Shirodkar who played Jaya should have been the main star. Martin Henderson was rather wooden and Aishwarya Rai should definately loose some pounds. Her huge biceps throughly A rather good movie with a bad start and even worst ending. Namrata Shirodkar who played Jaya should have been the main star. Martin Henderson was rather wooden and Aishwarya Rai should definately loose some pounds. Her huge biceps throughly and consistantly outshone her facial beauty. Expand
kaym.Dec 26, 2005
Great fun!
TaraSAug 24, 2005
The first half hour was almost intolerable, but after that I found it surprisingly hilarious and cute. I especially loved the random gospel choir singing on the beach, risers and all.
JaspreetS.Feb 10, 2006
Horrible movie to say the least. The acting is so over the top, and all the musical numbers are forced in there. Pure waste of Aishwriya and Naveen Andrews.
LizP.Sep 15, 2006
Very fun. Wonderfully colorful, catchy songs and goofy dancing, some hysterically funny bits, a great way to bring P&P to today and have it still make sense. Ok, it's a bit clumsy sometimes, but so what? Have a sense of humor.
sfatehifarDec 27, 2005
Really liked it :)
JuliaB.lFeb 24, 2006
very sweet and endearing. for the most part, the musical numbers had a delightful spontaneity.
RosanaS.Dec 23, 2005
It was the best movie ever! I love it, love it, love it! I think this is the best movie i have ever seen! I love it!!!
dushtumeowSep 20, 2010
i love this movie a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
aishwarya rai acted beautifully..songs r amazing
i watch it again n again..
love aish forever!she is the best!!
ovi_bzJan 8, 2011
Poor movie. Not so good mix between Jane Austen and Bollywood.