8.2

1. VeeN.
    Oct 28, 2001
    Acting great (especially Billy Bob and Kate). Laughed out loud throughout. Thought it was great fun!!!
  2. RyanM.
    Apr 3, 2002
    A perfectly orchestrated mix of great humor, big twists, flawless direction, and amazing acting! It's hugely entertaining!
  3. MatthewB.
    Apr 6, 2002
    Hilarious! "Beavers and ducks" made me laugh so hard I cried.
  4. raVen
    Apr 25, 2004
    The thing about this film is that it accomplishes high quality popcorn movie entertainment while never assuming its audience is stupid. This, in large part, is due to the presence and prowess of Billy Bob Thornton. The dialogue shoots, studders, and spills out of him as if straight from the source. He has so many funny lines without the luxury of a setup it's really something to The thing about this film is that it accomplishes high quality popcorn movie entertainment while never assuming its audience is stupid. This, in large part, is due to the presence and prowess of Billy Bob Thornton. The dialogue shoots, studders, and spills out of him as if straight from the source. He has so many funny lines without the luxury of a setup it's really something to behold, and I loved the nod to Oregon's in-state college rivalry. The ending is revealed slowly and early, but it retains surprise. Willis' concrete-esque expressions actually help, as they provide a backdrop on which Thornton's antics can work best. Blanchett blends seamlessly. Everyone else is great in support, and I can't find a way to not like this movie. Expand
  5. RichardA.
    Oct 19, 2001
    Surprise ending is only redeeming feature. Would have left early but had already spent my money. Should have stayed home and read. Cardboard characters, boring and unconvincing.
  6. SteveK.
    Nov 12, 2002
    This must be the most boring movie Ive ever seen. Is this a comedy?? Comedies should make you laugh, right? Well this movie wont. Waste of money. Dont even rent it.
    Oct 2, 2002
    Great plot, amazing actors (especially Billy Bob Thornton), and a new twist every minute. Had me on the edge of my seat until the very end. This movie is awesome.
  8. PatC.
    Jan 10, 2004
    Slick flick about lovable characters who help themselves to wealth that others acquired honestly. OK, so the underlying premise totally sucks. Since when did that make pretension any less enjoyable. Thornton is great, Willis is, well, Willis. Blanchette cuts quite the character as a recruited housewive - man, that lady can play anything.
  9. JonathanF.
    May 7, 2005
    If Bandits didn't have those great actors in it, I doubt if this movie would ever succeed. Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thorton seem to act amusingly together, and make a very nice "Odd" couple (i.e. Jack Lemon & Walter Mathow) :) It is another "we are nice criminals" movie. They rob banks but with a notion that it's actually not a crime. They are very polite, and aren't If Bandits didn't have those great actors in it, I doubt if this movie would ever succeed. Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thorton seem to act amusingly together, and make a very nice "Odd" couple (i.e. Jack Lemon & Walter Mathow) :) It is another "we are nice criminals" movie. They rob banks but with a notion that it's actually not a crime. They are very polite, and aren't really able to hurt people. Although the story is a bit idiotic and unreliable, it is still very funny and amusing. One might enjoy it, just for fun. No analyzing is required in this movie. 7 out of 10. Expand
  10. Mike
    Mar 26, 2006
    Very intresting movie, but the last 30 mins gets too boring. Overall I recommend it.
  11. JustinW.
    Nov 12, 2001
    This is a terriffic movie...I cant wait to buy it on DVD when it comes out. It keeps you laughing through the whole movie. Billy Bob is so funny with his brain tumor... and I like Willis in comedies like "The Whole Nine Yards"... and the ending is really neat.
  12. AJ
    Oct 27, 2001
    Bruce Willis acted GREAT in this movie.
  13. JesseS.
    Jan 24, 2002
    This movie is acted to perfection. Cate Blanchett gave the best performance of 2001 from a male or female. The movie was just a bit too long however. There were some monstrous laughs to be had though.
  14. LisaB.
    Dec 29, 2001
    Billy Bob is wonderful and so are the rest of the cast.

Levinson's quirky caper is rich with laughs.
  2. A comedy that might have made Butch and Sundance jump off a cliff.
    What started as cute becomes cloying and bloated. Charm should never feel like it weighs a ton.