7.8

1. PimpDaddy
    Oct 15, 2002
    This movie was a laugh fest! Completely hilarious.
  2. HollywoodJedi
    Sep 13, 2002
    If you want laugh your ass off, go see this movie. I haven't had such a good time watching a film in a long, long time. And if you think this is just another "urban" movie, you couldn't be more wrong. This movie has universal appeal, no matter what race you happen to be.
  3. MattH.
    Sep 27, 2002
    Funny, poignant and at times irreverent, but it is the sum of all those that make the film good. It has an honesty that separates it from previous films in its genre and opens up a part of African American culture to the rest of us. This film doesn't point out how we are all different, it points out how we are all the same. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Cedric the Funny, poignant and at times irreverent, but it is the sum of all those that make the film good. It has an honesty that separates it from previous films in its genre and opens up a part of African American culture to the rest of us. This film doesn't point out how we are all different, it points out how we are all the same. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Cedric the Entertainer busting up the stereotypes in an extremely hilarious fashion! Expand
  4. PiaE.
    Dec 8, 2003
    Absolutely hilarious... Michael Ealy is da man!! ;-) the plot was great, actors did a good job and the chemistry worked very well between the actors... so in 1 word: Killer!
  5. TedA.
    Feb 8, 2003
    Only mildly humorous, and very slow paced. The characters weren't very interesting, and the plot was almost non-exisitent. I liked Friday a lot, Next Friday somewhat, and well, Barbershop was a few levels below.
  6. JDea
    Apr 7, 2003
    i loved this movie and i loved the cast! exspecially Michael Ealy!! ;-) i think this was a well done movie One of the best!! i must say =)
  7. DingBat
    Nov 15, 2002
    Good title. Gud film.
  8. Robert
    Oct 6, 2002
    It was interesting seeing people working to understand themselves, learn from their experiences and set directions to improve their lives. All this was set in some very funny situations with interesting dialog. I bet there is a best supporting actor/actress nomination in here.
  9. ChadB.
    Sep 21, 2002
    It was a hilarious movie and anyone who says otherwise has a problem.
  10. PaulD.
    Feb 12, 2003
    Underneath its broad comedy and somewhat predictable plot lies a surprisingly passionate and serioius look at some real issues.
  11. ILOVEMICHAELEALY!!!
    Jun 22, 2003
    BARBER SHOP... had a crappiii start but towards the end it started gettin better..... the reason y im givn this movie a 10 is b-coz of dat SEX-C ... MICHAEL EALY =)
  12. JeremyM.
    Nov 12, 2002
    I could have gone without the subplots, but the conversations in the Barbershops are music to peoples ears. This is also an important film for everyone to see to open up their eyes to the African-American community.
  13. MitchH.
    Sep 15, 2002
    This movie is very funny. Each character was full of life and they weren't one dimensional. Each character had a great heart and it was an entertaining movie.
  14. SeanS.
    Sep 21, 2002
    This movie was very funny and entertaining. It was way better than I thought it would be.
  15. NishaS.
    Sep 24, 2002
    This is the best movie ever! kickass movie people!!!
  16. CrystalH.
    Mar 11, 2003
    This movie was AWESOME!!! Ricky (michael ealy) is so0o0o HOTT!!!! It was a great movie!!
  17. SharellS.
    May 29, 2003
    Barbershop was a great movie. It shows what really goes on in the barbershop. It also exposes and introduces to people who don't realize, what really goes on in the world. It opens peoples eyes. I also think Michael Ealy is extremely sexy. He can email me anytime.

1. It's funny as hell, and I am proud to say that as a card-carrying white guy, I got three, or possibly even four, of the 239 jokes.
    Combines big laughs, a big heart and thoroughly winning characters to become the first big surprise of the fall season.
  3. Best of all, and worth the price of admission, is Cedric the Entertainer.