Barnyard

5.1

1. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie is terrible and here's why, the animation is downright ugly and the characters aren't likable at all and I didn't care about them at all, The voice acting is ok but everything else is just plain bad.
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Barnyard is a cow patty.
    The entire film is animated stupidity. The storyline is little to non existent, nearly every character is unlikeable, and the entire premise feels unnatural.
  3. MusicaliD.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Another movie that assumes we only enjoy seeing something we've all seen before. Entirely unoriginal. I thought that some of the art direction was beautiful (moon over the meadow or the scrap yard), but the character animation was total garbage, especially the two male (!) cows. I go to see the new CGI movies to see the latest and greatest the technology has to offer, but this movie Another movie that assumes we only enjoy seeing something we've all seen before. Entirely unoriginal. I thought that some of the art direction was beautiful (moon over the meadow or the scrap yard), but the character animation was total garbage, especially the two male (!) cows. I go to see the new CGI movies to see the latest and greatest the technology has to offer, but this movie took a few steps backwards. Cars characters looked amazing, almost real, it amazed me throughout (even though it was sloooow). Not the same case here. Some bits are pretty funny, but overall; boring, repetetive, been-there, done-that. We'lll have to wait for Flushed Away to see something original. Don't waste your time or money. We don't need a Barnyard 2. Expand
  4. CarolineB.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Not appropriate for children. My 1st comment when watching the movie was "hey" why do the male cows have udders - why weren't the 2 main characters bulls?? I didn't like the movie and don't think it's for kids.
  5. StephanieL.
    Aug 6, 2006
    Not very funny, not even the children watching the moving laughed at all. The story took a long time to get going and is a very similar theme as many movies before it. They used male cows which don't exist. It woiuld have made more sense if the "male" cows were bulls and leave the cows as they are female. The music was okay the whole thing just was not entertaining at all.
  6. MarieR.
    Sep 8, 2006
    [***SPOILERS***] What were they thinking? Very bizarre themes for a
  7. ColleenK.
    Aug 15, 2006
    This movie was terrible--I wish I hadn't seen it and I wish I hadn't taken my four nieces to go see it. Aside from the biological mistakes and crude drawings, I felt like I had to "debrief" the children I went with about the horrifying stereotypes and poor decision making in the film [***SPOILERS***] (the animals steal, drink, joy ride, break and enter, behave violently, and do This movie was terrible--I wish I hadn't seen it and I wish I hadn't taken my four nieces to go see it. Aside from the biological mistakes and crude drawings, I felt like I had to "debrief" the children I went with about the horrifying stereotypes and poor decision making in the film [***SPOILERS***] (the animals steal, drink, joy ride, break and enter, behave violently, and do other things that are not cool--all presented in the film as harmless fun). The presentation of all rural folks as either uneducated/stupid, crazy, or alcoholic was anything but charming. For most parts of the film that were intended to be jokes, the theater filled with kids was silent. And this is sad, but being a knitter, the presentation of knitting was so inaccurate that it was actually irritating to watch. Expand

It shouldn't be surprising that writer-director Steve Oedekerk, the man responsible for "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist" and the second "Ace Ventura" movie, considers single-celled organisms as he shoots for the lowest common denominator.
  2. It feels like Barnyard swipes too much of its plot from "The Lion King."
    Even an advanced case of critter fatigue shouldn't stop you from rushing out to see this delightfully cheeky animated tale.