5.2

1. Oct 29, 2010
    not my favorite CGI movie, but hey. at least its just decent.
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Barnyard is a cow patty.
    The entire film is animated stupidity. The storyline is little to non existent, nearly every character is unlikeable, and the entire premise feels unnatural.
  3. Mar 9, 2015
    Why the heck this animation has so many low scores? For me it's fun, interesting and perfect for any age! Great story, fun and unique characters and emotional scenes... 10/10
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    Maybe I'm just having a good day giving this movie such a high score, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't know until recently that the weird TV series started as a movie, so I was curious, and while it's not as original as Flushed Away or as well animated as Shrek, essentially, it's few steps behind. This movie is neck and neck with Over the Hedge as the best animated film of 2006 in myMaybe I'm just having a good day giving this movie such a high score, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't know until recently that the weird TV series started as a movie, so I was curious, and while it's not as original as Flushed Away or as well animated as Shrek, essentially, it's few steps behind. This movie is neck and neck with Over the Hedge as the best animated film of 2006 in my opinion and some of the best talking animal movies I've seen. Not only does this movie put the fun back in being an independent farmer, but the main characters are very developed and memorable. The secondary characters, not as much. Expand
  5. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie is terrible and here's why, the animation is downright ugly and the characters aren't likable at all and I didn't care about them at all, The voice acting is ok but everything else is just plain bad.
  6. NicholasD.
    Aug 5, 2006
    A very fun and funny movie to watch.
  7. MusicaliD.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Another movie that assumes we only enjoy seeing something we've all seen before. Entirely unoriginal. I thought that some of the art direction was beautiful (moon over the meadow or the scrap yard), but the character animation was total garbage, especially the two male (!) cows. I go to see the new CGI movies to see the latest and greatest the technology has to offer, but this movie Another movie that assumes we only enjoy seeing something we've all seen before. Entirely unoriginal. I thought that some of the art direction was beautiful (moon over the meadow or the scrap yard), but the character animation was total garbage, especially the two male (!) cows. I go to see the new CGI movies to see the latest and greatest the technology has to offer, but this movie took a few steps backwards. Cars characters looked amazing, almost real, it amazed me throughout (even though it was sloooow). Not the same case here. Some bits are pretty funny, but overall; boring, repetetive, been-there, done-that. We'lll have to wait for Flushed Away to see something original. Don't waste your time or money. We don't need a Barnyard 2. Expand
  8. CarolineB.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Not appropriate for children. My 1st comment when watching the movie was "hey" why do the male cows have udders - why weren't the 2 main characters bulls?? I didn't like the movie and don't think it's for kids.
  9. Michellec.
    Aug 5, 2006
    This cartoon will entertain the young children and was generally okay. Even the male cows had utters which was weird and wrong. There are scenes both at the "bar" and in a driving sequence which seem to promote drinking and are rather inappropriate. Overall it did have decent, although unoriginal, messages. I would not pay for my family to see this at the theatre, maybe rent it as it This cartoon will entertain the young children and was generally okay. Even the male cows had utters which was weird and wrong. There are scenes both at the "bar" and in a driving sequence which seem to promote drinking and are rather inappropriate. Overall it did have decent, although unoriginal, messages. I would not pay for my family to see this at the theatre, maybe rent it as it won't take long for this to go to DVD. Expand
  10. StephanieL.
    Aug 6, 2006
    Not very funny, not even the children watching the moving laughed at all. The story took a long time to get going and is a very similar theme as many movies before it. They used male cows which don't exist. It woiuld have made more sense if the "male" cows were bulls and leave the cows as they are female. The music was okay the whole thing just was not entertaining at all.
  11. KrisP
    Aug 6, 2006
    I thought this movie was adorable. It was light hearted and fun. It wasn't too long or slow like some kids movies these days and not too "teachy"; just a fun story.
  12. MarieR.
    Sep 8, 2006
    [***SPOILERS***] What were they thinking? Very bizarre themes for a
  13. DeAnnaM.
    Oct 26, 2006
    Funny movie. Better than I thought it would be. Didn't find it offensive for anyone. Good family movie
  14. ColleenK.
    Aug 15, 2006
    This movie was terrible--I wish I hadn't seen it and I wish I hadn't taken my four nieces to go see it. Aside from the biological mistakes and crude drawings, I felt like I had to "debrief" the children I went with about the horrifying stereotypes and poor decision making in the film [***SPOILERS***] (the animals steal, drink, joy ride, break and enter, behave violently, and do This movie was terrible--I wish I hadn't seen it and I wish I hadn't taken my four nieces to go see it. Aside from the biological mistakes and crude drawings, I felt like I had to "debrief" the children I went with about the horrifying stereotypes and poor decision making in the film [***SPOILERS***] (the animals steal, drink, joy ride, break and enter, behave violently, and do other things that are not cool--all presented in the film as harmless fun). The presentation of all rural folks as either uneducated/stupid, crazy, or alcoholic was anything but charming. For most parts of the film that were intended to be jokes, the theater filled with kids was silent. And this is sad, but being a knitter, the presentation of knitting was so inaccurate that it was actually irritating to watch. Expand
  15. JordanG.
    Sep 24, 2006
    I expected it to be funny and witty. Though it did have it's moments this "child" movie was a little hard. It had drinking,gangs,breaking and entering, giving birth, kidnappings,beatings, joy-ridings. It was kinda funny and all in all it's OK
  16. EmmaC.
    Aug 12, 2006
    Fabulous kids movie. Very funny, moving without a hint of cheese. Fast paced with great use of music.
  17. KarenP.
    Aug 12, 2006
    This was a perfect movie to take our granddaughter to see. It was funny and entertaining. Cute storyline. It was refreshing to sit and be entertained without having to worry if something offensive was going to pop up!
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    This movie is awesome! Otis is my funniest and favorite character in the entire film!

When will this ever get its own spin-off sequel?! It has been 7 years since the movie was last released and still no sequel!

It shouldn't be surprising that writer-director Steve Oedekerk, the man responsible for "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist" and the second "Ace Ventura" movie, considers single-celled organisms as he shoots for the lowest common denominator.
  2. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirschling
    It feels like Barnyard swipes too much of its plot from "The Lion King."
    Even an advanced case of critter fatigue shouldn't stop you from rushing out to see this delightfully cheeky animated tale.