5.3

1. Feb 1, 2011
    If there is anything good to be said about this film, it is that it makes the first two Batman films seem better! The plot is easier to follow but loses a lot of the emotion that is behind the character of Batman which in retrospect, was covered well in the first two films. I could feel my respect for Tommy Lee Jones disappear but it has to be said that Jim Carrey was at least good at doing what he does best (which... I didn't say I liked).
    More accessible to a wider audience, but ultimately it crushes the spirit and distorts the world of Batman!
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    This film is just so stupid. The script and overacting complete ruins the potential of this film, Not to mention that the entire film looks like you are on LCD.
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    Although there is some modest amusement to be had in Jim Carrey's manic performance as The Riddler, Batman Forever is a damp squib of a movie that wastes a grotesque amount of talent. Although the following Batman & Robin would take the lion's share of critical rage, Forever is as weak or maybe even weaker. Bad on every level.
  4. Sep 4, 2011
    Suffering the "threequel effect" from beginning to end, BATMAN FOREVER is a tedious superhero movie. It now stars Val Kilmer as the titular character, a less believable Batman than even Michael Keaton, who was a hard one to take into mind. And along with the whole superficiality of the plot, the villains aren't all that great either. The three previous villains were the Joker (Jack Nicholson), Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer), and Penguin (Danny DeVito). Now, we have another duo, consisting of the Riddler (Jim Carrey) and Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones). Unlike in BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS, these villains are more silly and ridiculous than creepy. Just look at the DVD box--their outfits give away all the asininity. Should you see this? I wouldn't recommend it. If you do, will you like it? It depends if you can stand Jim Carrey in more than just comedy and drama. Expand
  5. Jan 3, 2012
    This Batman movie is basically mocking itself by even existing. With stupidity and awful acting and a stupid villain who was horribly miscast along with weak action you have a spoof of a great superhero. I give this movie 25%.
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    The transition from seriousness (of sorts) to childish has resulted badly for the caped crusader as Batman Forever's villains aren't villainy enough and Val Kilmer isn't the most persuasive Batman of all time.
  7. Nov 12, 2012
    Schumacher's Batman is more colorful, and lighthearted than Burton's. This is not a good thing. Burton's vision, though imperfect, surpasses Schumacher's in every way, shape, and form.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    Uma das piores adaptações do Batman que já vi.
  9. Jul 4, 2013
    The beginning of the demise of the 90's Batman films. Val Kilmer is ok as Bruce Wayne, but not nearly as good as Michael Keaton and Joel Schumacher shows he cares more about introducing pointless goofy villains than making a good movie.
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    I hate Jim Carrey. The movie is bad because of him!!! I don't know why they choose him. He's bad!!! He is not an actor. He is not a human!!!! I am just kidding. He is a human. But he's a very bad actor!
  11. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) is reigning terror on Gotham City. Only Batman (Val Kilmer) can stop him. Bit behind the scenes a new super-villain rises, The Riddler (Jim Carrey).
    I'm sorry for the short summary but I have a major bug with this movie. And here the seven main reasons i dislike this movie. First, Kilmer, he's okay as Bruce Wayne but I can't see him as Batman. Second, the score, from a musicians point of view the score by Danny Elfman from the first two films is well blatantly, music to my ears. Here its boring, forgettable, and filled with too many cartoon sound effects. Third, the Batmobile, it looks like a roller-skate. Fourth, Two-Face, boy is this performance bad. Two-Face is supposed to be a depressing tragedy of a mans life. This is just a joke. Fifth, The Riddler, one of my all time favourite Batman villains, and Jim Carrey ruins him by playing Jim Carrey which is good for some movies but not Batman. Sixth, Robin, again another character study full of tragedy, but he's too old and bland. Seventh, Gotham, it's too bright and cheery, and what's with all the giant statues around?
    It hate this movie even more than the next one. It ruined the series and led to the disgrace of it. Don't watch this and save yourself 2 hours of your life.
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    I got to say, this movie is so much better than some of the other Batman movies, but this isn't a good one. The acting from Carrey is to be what is expected from him. I'm not a big fan of his movies, so I wasn't too thrilled to see this movie. The bar was raised, but just a little.
  13. Oct 27, 2013
    with two films made ​​on average by tim burton producers exchanged by another director (michael schumacher) that made this movie is stupid kids.essa must have been the biggest disappointment of the time.
  14. Jun 29, 2014
    Boring, loud and ridiculously acted, "Batman Forever" should be renamed to "Batman Never" in spite the efforts of the charismatic Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones who brings soft comedy to save this movie from being a mess.
  15. May 6, 2014
    UHHHHHH horrible.....Batman is digging himself a grave..................................................................................................
  16. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט ממש מטומטם שהורס את באטמן, אי אפשר לראות בלי להרגיש מטופש. עלילת הסרט ממש נראית כאילו ילד בן 10 כתב אותה. אם לא ראיתם את הסרט עדיף שתוותרו עליו, ובמקום זאת תראו טרילוגיית האביר האפל עוד פעם
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    Be honest with yourselves, this movie wasn't good. A lot of people say it's better than Batman Returns, and it's not. If a movie is made by it's villains, then this is a terrible movie. I didn't like Two Face, and I didn't like the Riddler. I always like to have at least a bit of sympathy for my superhero villains. I had sympathy for Magneto, I had sympathy for Loki, I had sympathy for Catwoman, and I even had a shred of sympathy for Mr. Freeze (but only a shred). These villains annoyed me like crazy. Two Face was all out of his mind, and the newer Two Face in the Dark Knight looks so amazing because of how cheesy and fake this one was. The Riddler is what you'd expect from Jim Carrey in a superhero movie, and he was even worse. I have to admit, the storyline was a lot more interesting than Batman and Robin. The part with Robin becoming a hero was actually managed decently. Batman was depicted by Val Kilmer poorly, but he did do a good job as Bruce Wayne. Overall, this movie was garbage, but it was garbage with air freshener sprayed on it. It had consolations, but it didn't have that many consolations. Expand

There is no rhythm to the movie, no ebb and flow; it's all flat-out spectacle.
    It's lighter, brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and a whole lot more colorful than before.
    Schumacher's method is to use a lighter touch, to stay closer to the cartoon that Bob Kane created for DC Comics in 1939 and to temper Burton's nightmare world with an accessible, brightly colored TV palette.