6.2

1. Feb 1, 2011
    If there is anything good to be said about this film, it is that it makes the first two Batman films seem better! The plot is easier to follow but loses a lot of the emotion that is behind the character of Batman which in retrospect, was covered well in the first two films. I could feel my respect for Tommy Lee Jones disappear but it has to be said that Jim Carrey was at least good atIf there is anything good to be said about this film, it is that it makes the first two Batman films seem better! The plot is easier to follow but loses a lot of the emotion that is behind the character of Batman which in retrospect, was covered well in the first two films. I could feel my respect for Tommy Lee Jones disappear but it has to be said that Jim Carrey was at least good at doing what he does best (which... I didn't say I liked).
    More accessible to a wider audience, but ultimately it crushes the spirit and distorts the world of Batman!
  2. ManveerR.i
    Feb 18, 2006
    Absolute rubbish Two - Face Was a joke, Robin was pathetic and Batman was cluless the only meancing villian was the riddler.
  3. DaveB.
    Jun 23, 2007
    Not the worst of the bunch, but I wonder what Joel Schumacher was thinking when he took over the franchise. Gotham was never to bright and lively and full of neon in the comic books. And ummmm DZ I think you are reviewing the wrong movie bud.
  4. Jan 3, 2012
    This Batman movie is basically mocking itself by even existing. With stupidity and awful acting and a stupid villain who was horribly miscast along with weak action you have a spoof of a great superhero. I give this movie 25%.
  5. DaveH.
    Jul 15, 2006
    Awful, the poorest incarnation of Batman ever conceived. Kilmer and O'Donnell are risibly miscast and every scene seems to fall flat on its face. Nothing is gripping, nothing is exciting, nothing is funny, but for a couple of unintentional chuckles, which says a lot for film that sets out to be self-consciously camp. Those looking for a kick from reading into its homoerotic subtext Awful, the poorest incarnation of Batman ever conceived. Kilmer and O'Donnell are risibly miscast and every scene seems to fall flat on its face. Nothing is gripping, nothing is exciting, nothing is funny, but for a couple of unintentional chuckles, which says a lot for film that sets out to be self-consciously camp. Those looking for a kick from reading into its homoerotic subtext would do better to watch the marginally more bearable, but all together more kinky Batman & Robin. This film is an abortion. Expand
  6. Nov 27, 2011
    This film is just so stupid. The script and overacting complete ruins the potential of this film, Not to mention that the entire film looks like you are on LCD.
  7. Aug 16, 2012
    Although there is some modest amusement to be had in Jim Carrey's manic performance as The Riddler, Batman Forever is a damp squib of a movie that wastes a grotesque amount of talent. Although the following Batman & Robin would take the lion's share of critical rage, Forever is as weak or maybe even weaker. Bad on every level.
  8. Jan 1, 2014
    The transition from seriousness (of sorts) to childish has resulted badly for the caped crusader as Batman Forever's villains aren't villainy enough and Val Kilmer isn't the most persuasive Batman of all time.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    Uma das piores adaptações do Batman que já vi.
  10. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) is reigning terror on Gotham City. Only Batman (Val Kilmer) can stop him. Bit behind the scenes a new super-villain rises, The Riddler (Jim Carrey).
    I'm sorry for the short summary but I have a major bug with this movie. And here the seven main reasons i dislike this movie. First, Kilmer, he's okay as Bruce Wayne but I can't see him as Batman. Second, the score, from a musicians point of view the score by Danny Elfman from the first two films is well blatantly, music to my ears. Here its boring, forgettable, and filled with too many cartoon sound effects. Third, the Batmobile, it looks like a roller-skate. Fourth, Two-Face, boy is this performance bad. Two-Face is supposed to be a depressing tragedy of a mans life. This is just a joke. Fifth, The Riddler, one of my all time favourite Batman villains, and Jim Carrey ruins him by playing Jim Carrey which is good for some movies but not Batman. Sixth, Robin, again another character study full of tragedy, but he's too old and bland. Seventh, Gotham, it's too bright and cheery, and what's with all the giant statues around?
    It hate this movie even more than the next one. It ruined the series and led to the disgrace of it. Don't watch this and save yourself 2 hours of your life.
  11. Oct 27, 2013
    with two films made ​​on average by tim burton producers exchanged by another director (michael schumacher) that made this movie is stupid kids.essa must have been the biggest disappointment of the time.
  12. May 6, 2014
    UHHHHHH horrible.....Batman is digging himself a grave..................................................................................................
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    Be honest with yourselves, this movie wasn't good. A lot of people say it's better than Batman Returns, and it's not. If a movie is made by it's villains, then this is a terrible movie. I didn't like Two Face, and I didn't like the Riddler. I always like to have at least a bit of sympathy for my superhero villains. I had sympathy for Magneto, I had sympathy for Loki, I had sympathyBe honest with yourselves, this movie wasn't good. A lot of people say it's better than Batman Returns, and it's not. If a movie is made by it's villains, then this is a terrible movie. I didn't like Two Face, and I didn't like the Riddler. I always like to have at least a bit of sympathy for my superhero villains. I had sympathy for Magneto, I had sympathy for Loki, I had sympathy for Catwoman, and I even had a shred of sympathy for Mr. Freeze (but only a shred). These villains annoyed me like crazy. Two Face was all out of his mind, and the newer Two Face in the Dark Knight looks so amazing because of how cheesy and fake this one was. The Riddler is what you'd expect from Jim Carrey in a superhero movie, and he was even worse. I have to admit, the storyline was a lot more interesting than Batman and Robin. The part with Robin becoming a hero was actually managed decently. Batman was depicted by Val Kilmer poorly, but he did do a good job as Bruce Wayne. Overall, this movie was garbage, but it was garbage with air freshener sprayed on it. It had consolations, but it didn't have that many consolations. Expand
  14. May 3, 2015
    None sense, otter nonsense. this isnt batman at all! Joel shumacher nearly ruined this franchise, but dont worry with the next fillm he will! this movie is bad

There is no rhythm to the movie, no ebb and flow; it's all flat-out spectacle.
    It's lighter, brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and a whole lot more colorful than before.
    Schumacher's method is to use a lighter touch, to stay closer to the cartoon that Bob Kane created for DC Comics in 1939 and to temper Burton's nightmare world with an accessible, brightly colored TV palette.