5.4

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Even with a simple plot, the film is a classic due to Jim Carrey and his performance. The Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face looks like a "half-brother" of the Joker if he got drunk on Madison Square Garden.
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey saved this movie from becoming a total disaster.
  3. Oct 18, 2010
    I liked it. I understand a couple of those negative reviews though. I 'm a big Jim Carry fan so that's probably why I took to it right away. It was a little cheesy and after seeing Batman and Robin (which made me barf) it seems a lot better.
  4. Mar 7, 2011
    OMG!!!! Jim Carrey actually gave a truly good performance?!?!?! I was shocked that he actually did a good job, this has to be my favorite Batman movie ever, the acting is great as is the plot, this is a truly enjoyable movie for fans of Batman.
  5. Feb 10, 2014
    Batman Forever is an amazing action packed film with more gadgets than some James Bond films.
    The film has a great way of introducing the main characters. For example in the opening scene the film introduces Two Face, (Tommy Lee Jones) by showing how evil he is when he kills one of his own henchmen and tries to kill a cop. This opening scene also introduces Batman (Val Kimmer) as heroic because he saves the cop's life. Although I felt that the cop in this scene wasn't a very good actor. But the scene ends on a high note when Two Face escapes alive and this makes you wonder how Batman will stop him.
    The film has quite a simple plot where Batman tries to stop the evil Two Face and his insane side kick, the Riddler. This simple plot stops the viewer from feeling lost and confused like they may do in a film with a complicated plot.Another example of the great way the film introduces characters is the scene where the Riddler (Jim Carrey) is introduced. The Riddler is introduced in a good way because when he writes his 1st riddle it fills the viewers mind with mystery and a sense of trying to figure it out before the end of the film. When Jim Carrey plays the Riddler the role is unique and makes you realize just how good an actor Jim Carrey really is because as well as playing a great comedian he can also play other roles. In this role
    The special effects are also very good in a car chase scene where Two-Face's henchmen chase Batman in his bat mobile. In this scene the special effects make the driving stunts in the car chase seem very realistic.
    But the action in this film can sometimes seem too violent which might shock the viewer because the film is only rated PG.
    On the other hand the film does keep the viewer interested until the last scenes where Batman has to make a life changing decision and when the Riddler threatens to tell the whole world who Batman is.
    I would recommend this film to young adults and anyone who likes a good superhero film. I would rate the film 9/10.

There is no rhythm to the movie, no ebb and flow; it's all flat-out spectacle.
    It's lighter, brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and a whole lot more colorful than before.
    Schumacher's method is to use a lighter touch, to stay closer to the cartoon that Bob Kane created for DC Comics in 1939 and to temper Burton's nightmare world with an accessible, brightly colored TV palette.