Batman Forever

6.4

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Even with a simple plot, the film is a classic due to Jim Carrey and his performance. The Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face looks like a "half-brother" of the Joker if he got drunk on Madison Square Garden.
  2. JamesT.
    Mar 2, 2006
    The best of all five batmans jim carrey rules.
  3. JaredC.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Hard Core and Superb.
  4. Sam
    Dec 16, 2005
    With its epic acting, plot, action, and emotion, Batman Forever is a classic for the ages. Oh wait, sorry, I was thinking of Batman Begins. Although it's not a great as Begins, it's still a fun movie. However, it started the worst Batman movie trend, thank god it only lasted for 2 movies. The plastic molded nipples, otherwise, it's a fun movie that shouldn't be taken With its epic acting, plot, action, and emotion, Batman Forever is a classic for the ages. Oh wait, sorry, I was thinking of Batman Begins. Although it's not a great as Begins, it's still a fun movie. However, it started the worst Batman movie trend, thank god it only lasted for 2 movies. The plastic molded nipples, otherwise, it's a fun movie that shouldn't be taken TO seriously. Expand
  5. FredBob
    Oct 21, 2006
    I like the film but it just didn't have enough of a punch for me.
  6. TravisM.
    May 11, 2007
    The most underated of all the Batman films.
    Oct 7, 2007
    A loose, entertaining Batman blockbuster with a great cast. Cool gadgets, but writings gets a little clunky here and there.
  8. Oct 18, 2010
    I liked it. I understand a couple of those negative reviews though. I 'm a big Jim Carry fan so that's probably why I took to it right away. It was a little cheesy and after seeing Batman and Robin (which made me barf) it seems a lot better.
  9. Oct 30, 2010
    Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey saved this movie from becoming a total disaster.
  10. Mar 7, 2011
    OMG!!!! Jim Carrey actually gave a truly good performance?!?!?! I was shocked that he actually did a good job, this has to be my favorite Batman movie ever, the acting is great as is the plot, this is a truly enjoyable movie for fans of Batman.
  11. May 9, 2012
    Alot of people hate this movie but i really like it. It's a good movie to just sit and watch and you don't have to pay close attention to. It's not the best batman movie by any means but it is a movie i enjoy.
  12. Dec 29, 2012
    Not as dark and not as good as the prior two Tim Burton films but still entertaining to watch. Jim Carey absolutely steals the show as The Riddler. Joel Schumacher was asked to replace Tim Burton to make more kids-friendly versions of Batman movies by Warner Bros under pressure from parental groups. (WTF? I don't remember the Tim Burton films being that bad.). Unlike "Batman & Robin" whichNot as dark and not as good as the prior two Tim Burton films but still entertaining to watch. Jim Carey absolutely steals the show as The Riddler. Joel Schumacher was asked to replace Tim Burton to make more kids-friendly versions of Batman movies by Warner Bros under pressure from parental groups. (WTF? I don't remember the Tim Burton films being that bad.). Unlike "Batman & Robin" which imo is the worst Batman movie of all time (including the Adam West movie being better) Batman Forever was not bad. I think Jim Carry saved this movie from being a flop... Expand
  13. May 24, 2013
    Very much like the cartoons. I am a Batman fan and I liked the Batman because he wasn't to aggressive and he was good as Bruce Wayne as well. I think Superman and Batman tie on my favorite superheroes list.
  14. Feb 10, 2014
    Batman Forever is an amazing action packed film with more gadgets than some James Bond films.
    The film has a great way of introducing the main characters. For example in the opening scene the film introduces Two Face, (Tommy Lee Jones) by showing how evil he is when he kills one of his own henchmen and tries to kill a cop. This opening scene also introduces Batman (Val Kimmer) as heroic because he saves the cop's life. Although I felt that the cop in this scene wasn't a very good actor. But the scene ends on a high note when Two Face escapes alive and this makes you wonder how Batman will stop him.
    The film has quite a simple plot where Batman tries to stop the evil Two Face and his insane side kick, the Riddler. This simple plot stops the viewer from feeling lost and confused like they may do in a film with a complicated plot.Another example of the great way the film introduces characters is the scene where the Riddler (Jim Carrey) is introduced. The Riddler is introduced in a good way because when he writes his 1st riddle it fills the viewers mind with mystery and a sense of trying to figure it out before the end of the film. When Jim Carrey plays the Riddler the role is unique and makes you realize just how good an actor Jim Carrey really is because as well as playing a great comedian he can also play other roles. In this role
    The special effects are also very good in a car chase scene where Two-Face's henchmen chase Batman in his bat mobile. In this scene the special effects make the driving stunts in the car chase seem very realistic.
    But the action in this film can sometimes seem too violent which might shock the viewer because the film is only rated PG.
    On the other hand the film does keep the viewer interested until the last scenes where Batman has to make a life changing decision and when the Riddler threatens to tell the whole world who Batman is.
    I would recommend this film to young adults and anyone who likes a good superhero film. I would rate the film 9/10.
  15. Apr 9, 2014
    Jim carey is a funny villian. and batman is better then ever :))))))))))))))))))))))))))) . Grade A ........................................................................
  16. Feb 5, 2015
    Batman Forever non sarà ai livelli dei primi due Batman ma nonostante ciò è un film abbastanza fedele al fumetto e ci sono molti attori bravissimi.Un film stupendo.
  17. Oct 11, 2015
    Better than they say... Mostly because of Jim Carrey. He is to the Riddler what Heath Ledger was to the Joker. Val Kilmer is nowhere near as good as Michael Keaton but he was decent enough. I did laugh a few times and though I prefer Burton's style, it was still pretty good. Fun for fans of Jim Carrey and the 1960's Batman. That's not to say it's all lighthearted though... There areBetter than they say... Mostly because of Jim Carrey. He is to the Riddler what Heath Ledger was to the Joker. Val Kilmer is nowhere near as good as Michael Keaton but he was decent enough. I did laugh a few times and though I prefer Burton's style, it was still pretty good. Fun for fans of Jim Carrey and the 1960's Batman. That's not to say it's all lighthearted though... There are definitely dark elements in it. Expand
  18. Jan 24, 2016
    Batman forever is a great movie. Val Kilmer as batman was good. Two face and riddler were amazing also. Jim Carey was the best part of the whole movie.

There is no rhythm to the movie, no ebb and flow; it's all flat-out spectacle.
    It's lighter, brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and a whole lot more colorful than before.
    Schumacher's method is to use a lighter touch, to stay closer to the cartoon that Bob Kane created for DC Comics in 1939 and to temper Burton's nightmare world with an accessible, brightly colored TV palette.