Batman & Robin

4.7

1. Jan 21, 2013
    I really hate Batman & Robin (not the Dynamic Duo, just the floppy Joel Schumacher movie). If it weren't for the Governator, maybe Mr. Freeze should've been singing the blues in his flawless acting career rather than freezing Gotham City. I thought this was my favorite movie in the Batman trilogy, but then I started laughing at Bane. How ugly is Bane and Poison Ivy (her lusty voice justI really hate Batman & Robin (not the Dynamic Duo, just the floppy Joel Schumacher movie). If it weren't for the Governator, maybe Mr. Freeze should've been singing the blues in his flawless acting career rather than freezing Gotham City. I thought this was my favorite movie in the Batman trilogy, but then I started laughing at Bane. How ugly is Bane and Poison Ivy (her lusty voice just sounded like a Bayonetta cliche). Alicia Silverstone looks worse as Batgirl. I thought Catwoman is the better hero than Batgirl. I like to see Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn naked in bikinis. The acting is terrible, the script doesn't make any sense, and totally unnecessary for a Batman sequel. But I enjoyed half of the movie, So I'll rent it because it's one of those superhero movies that's so bad, it's good. Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    i loved it as a kid now it looks horrible but it still enjoyble
    ...........................................................................................................................................................
  3. Burr
    Jun 14, 2009
    Batman and Robin was hated so much because of all the emo goth kids who thought Batman's roots were in moody, melodramatic darkness. Couldn't be farther from the truth. B&R was a throwback to the glory days of campy comic book silliness, back before he turned into an angst-filled goth magnet of muddled special effects sequences. Of course all the kids who think The Dark Knight Batman and Robin was hated so much because of all the emo goth kids who thought Batman's roots were in moody, melodramatic darkness. Couldn't be farther from the truth. B&R was a throwback to the glory days of campy comic book silliness, back before he turned into an angst-filled goth magnet of muddled special effects sequences. Of course all the kids who think The Dark Knight is the greatest comic book movie ever to grace the screen are too young to realize that. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Batman & Robin gets a bad rap.Everyone wants the Batman series to be dark and intense like the Nolan movies or gothic like the Burton movies. But take a look back at the early comic books or the 1960's TV show. Batman wasn't just for adults, it was made for kids too. So yes, the Power Ranger-esque dialogue and fighting won't satisfy anyone above 13 years old, but it delighted my 6 yearBatman & Robin gets a bad rap.Everyone wants the Batman series to be dark and intense like the Nolan movies or gothic like the Burton movies. But take a look back at the early comic books or the 1960's TV show. Batman wasn't just for adults, it was made for kids too. So yes, the Power Ranger-esque dialogue and fighting won't satisfy anyone above 13 years old, but it delighted my 6 year daughter for whom the Nolan movies are boring and the Burton movies too dark. Let the kids have their fun, dammit! Expand
  5. Sep 24, 2013
    Batman & Robin may be bad, but I like to think of it as a guilty pleasure. You watch it sometimes, and think afterwards, "Damn, what a bad movie this was. So, maybe in a couple months I'll re-watch it?"
  6. Mar 26, 2015
    Director Joel Schumacher has a few tricks up his selves behind the camera, apparently the whole concept of this film is to sell toys. Schumacher's other batman movie ('Batman Forever') was entertaining with a comedic sidekick villain Jim Carey's little one liners. The dumbest thing we have to watch is George Clooney being batman, who does nothing in the film that are just worth watching.Director Joel Schumacher has a few tricks up his selves behind the camera, apparently the whole concept of this film is to sell toys. Schumacher's other batman movie ('Batman Forever') was entertaining with a comedic sidekick villain Jim Carey's little one liners. The dumbest thing we have to watch is George Clooney being batman, who does nothing in the film that are just worth watching. When Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman making Batman like able he is actually unlike able by letting Clooney be "Clooney" meanwhile Arnold's funny one liners are ruining this film. With a dumb story a dumb cast this movie is a parody of the film batman. Grade C- Expand
  7. MaxP.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Not the best of the batman series. to much laughs and humour to make this feel like a batman movie should (in other words, not dark enough). Clooney doesn't look the best of choices for the cape crusader. but still, i'm a big fan of batman so i can't slag it off that much.
  8. Jan 3, 2015
    This movie is easily compared to the earlier part, "Batman Forever". The plot is smooth and light, the humour nice. But in the end, this movie lacks a lot, and seems also forcibly made. Especially the sudden birth of the Batgirl is almost ridiculous. The characters are rather weak, too, even if some depth is tried to force on them. All in all, a nice watch, but not one to hand Academy Awards to.
  9. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can not tear at this movie any more than it has already been destroyed. The plot is silly, Clooney is a ridiculous Batman, Robin's whiney, too many one-liners from Schwarzenegger, the characters are bland, and it's overall really bad. But this time watching through i noticed how terrible and cartoonish a lot of the special effects are. Although I must say that it is so stupid and bad, that I find it absolutely hilarious unlike Batman Forever which I think was supposed to be more intentionally funny. Watch it for some good times with a movie that's so bad, it's good. Expand
  10. Sep 19, 2013
    Batman and robin was not a batman movie in my opinion it was more an Ivy and Robin movie. Batman (coolney) didn’t feel the star of the show and half the time the focus wasn’t really on him. Robin (O’donnel) was more the star of the show being the hottest and funniest character there.
    Now the film as I said wasn’t the usual action packed Batman films you’re used to but more a classic comic pun making film. It felt more a parody or a comedy in my opinion. The bad guys who in batman world are some of my favorites were played better than the main cast. Poison Ivy (Thurman) was the star of the show being played by such a good actress and was properly the most interesting character and is worth seeing if you’re a movie fan. Mr.Freeze (Schwarzenegger) was also played wonderfully and is again the star of the show. Batgirl also made an appearance which was stupid in my opinion because batgirl meant to be a lesbian (according to the comics if I remember correctly) and her character has practically been removed from comics so her being in this film made my head spin and her romance with Robin was cute but not as hyped up as it should have been.
    So this film isn’t a block buster or like any batman film. It just there trying to be amazing but it just not its more an alright film which you can sit through a have a good time watching it but don’t expect it to dazzle you or give you the feeling Nolen’s batman films give you.
    In my opinion a good watch but not a fantastic piece of cinema.
  11. SAV
    Jul 15, 2015
    Secondo film di Batman ad esser stato diretto da Joel Schumacher, Batman & Robin è una pellicola ancor più brutta del già deludente Batman Forever. Bambinesco, ridicolo in più occasioni e recitato in maniera poco convincente. Batman & Robin è un ottimo esempio su come NON vada sviluppato un film su Batman.

The current Bat cycle was already tired when Schumacher replaced Tim Burton behind the camera on "Batman Forever." This chapter -- so action-packed, yet so insufferably dull -- makes it clear that there's nowhere else to go.
    Batman & Robin, like the first three films in the series, is wonderful to look at, and has nothing authentic at its core.
  3. Joel Schumacher, director and ringmaster, piles on the flashy showmanship and keeps the film as big, bold, noisy and mindlessly overwhelming as possible.