2.9

1. j30
    Jan 26, 2012
    Probably one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. AVOID THIS MOVIE. If you want good Batman movies watch Christopher Nolan's or Tim Burton's take, their both aesthetically pleasing than this waste of space on the movie rental shelf (or Netflix queue). I give it a one merely because of the awful lines that are hilarious, but you can still miss the film just watch thisProbably one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. AVOID THIS MOVIE. If you want good Batman movies watch Christopher Nolan's or Tim Burton's take, their both aesthetically pleasing than this waste of space on the movie rental shelf (or Netflix queue). I give it a one merely because of the awful lines that are hilarious, but you can still miss the film just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    Now starring George Clooney as the first title "hero" (as Chris O'Donnell reprises his role as the second), BATMAN & ROBIN is flawed on so many levels: For starters, it makes BATMAN FOREVER, in its mediocrity, look like THE DARK KNIGHT. Second of all, Uma Thurman, for her role as Poison Ivy, uses the exact (exact!) tactics that Michelle Pfeiffer used for her role as Catwoman in BATMANNow starring George Clooney as the first title "hero" (as Chris O'Donnell reprises his role as the second), BATMAN & ROBIN is flawed on so many levels: For starters, it makes BATMAN FOREVER, in its mediocrity, look like THE DARK KNIGHT. Second of all, Uma Thurman, for her role as Poison Ivy, uses the exact (exact!) tactics that Michelle Pfeiffer used for her role as Catwoman in BATMAN RETURNS, and those tactics are surely no longer sexy at all. Third, Arnold Schwarzenegger was poorly, poorly miscast for the role of Mr. Freeze, and it makes him look like a terrible actor--the stupid punning he does throughout the film makes him look even more terrible. Also, BATMAN & ROBIN was Warner Bros.'s idea to veer the "Batman" films into a "family movie" zone. I found it ridiculous that to make it into a family film, they decided they should make the action sequences look corny rather than smooth, and to add in a bunch of childish humor spoken by Robin. In addition to that, George Clooney, Chris O'Donnell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Uma Thurman, and Alicia Silverstone need some serious lobotomies. Even if some of their careers are alive again today, this film murdered their acting careers, and I feel so much pity. I could go on and on, but the bottom line, if I hadn't made it clear enough yet, is do not see this film. It is ridiculously stupid and unimaginably terrible. Expand
  3. Sep 19, 2011
    What I learned from "Batman & Robin" is that...
    1) Joel Schumacher is a useless director.
    2) Batman has lost its face and originality (Seriously, Bat credit card?)
    3) I must preach the people to NEVER watch this piece of mess.
  4. Sep 6, 2011
    The WORST movie I have ever seen! I hate this film. It's utter crap. I'm an Arnold fan, but my god, how many cheesy lines did they want to give him. Clooney looked like a fool in the Bat suit. Uma Thurman is the only saving grace but not even she can save it
  5. Aug 30, 2011
    This Has to be one of the overall worst movies ever created with ridiculas costumes horrible action sequences, and a Cliche Plot Batman and Robin Fails on every level there is othing reedeming about this god aful piece of garbage film
  6. Aug 28, 2011
    Mr. Freeze: "What killed the Dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!" - "Tonight, hell freezes over!" - "Ice to see you!" - "You're not sending ME to the COOLER!" - "In this universe, there's only one absolute... everything freezes!" - "Let's kick some ice!" - "The Ice Man cometh!" - "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming!"
  7. Aug 22, 2011
    Before i started writing this review, this week i watched all 4 classic batman movies released between 1989 and 1997 and I just finished this one 20 minutes ago and i really loved it. The movie was good, cast was made of golden people like Clooney, Thurman and Schwarzenegger. I really did not understand why no one did loved this one as much as i did. Action was fine, The scenario wasBefore i started writing this review, this week i watched all 4 classic batman movies released between 1989 and 1997 and I just finished this one 20 minutes ago and i really loved it. The movie was good, cast was made of golden people like Clooney, Thurman and Schwarzenegger. I really did not understand why no one did loved this one as much as i did. Action was fine, The scenario was excellent. But i read the critics for this movie in wikipedia and believe me, some people even think that this movie has some homosexual content in it, just because it shows the a** of Batman and Robin when they equip their armor...
    It was a really good adventure if you ask me and i really enjoyed it. The only disliked thing i didn't like in this movie was some overrated one-liner cliche jokes of Schwarzenegger which if you ask me, was still ok, but sometimes was not necessary. If you are not among people who watches movies just to kill them, i think you will enjoy and won't regret this one.
  8. Jul 26, 2011
    This is a disgrace!!! Joel should be ashamed of himself for creating this!!! Luckily, there's Burton's Batman and Batman Returns as well as Nolan's Batman franchise.
  9. Jul 19, 2011
    An abysmal joke of a Batman movie. The tone is as far removed from the comics and the Tim Burton movies as physically possible. One can say that the movie is a throwback to the campy 60's Batman TV show but even if that is the intention, it still does not save the movie from failure. Some sets are well designed but the overuse of neon lighting becomes ridiculous. The movie plays out moreAn abysmal joke of a Batman movie. The tone is as far removed from the comics and the Tim Burton movies as physically possible. One can say that the movie is a throwback to the campy 60's Batman TV show but even if that is the intention, it still does not save the movie from failure. Some sets are well designed but the overuse of neon lighting becomes ridiculous. The movie plays out more as a parody than the 4th Batman movie. Gadgets are ludicrous (batskates), the humor is terrible (batman's credit card) and the actors are miscast (Arnie as Mr. Freeze). Speaking of actors, performances are cringeworthy and the dialogue is inexcusably awful. A complete misfire. Expand
  10. May 11, 2011
    Holy crappy movie Batman!! Batman Forever at least had a good cast. Clooney has made this movie up with some great acting in other movies I wonder if he still has nightmares?
  11. Apr 21, 2011
    Acting is way too over the top, dialogue is annoying as hell especially the ice puns, the costumes are ridiculous, the script seems like it was written by a 3 year old. Ivy wants Mr.Freeze to freeze the world and than give it to the plants! See what I mean? The music is good and that's what saves it from a zero.
  12. Feb 13, 2011
    This may not be the best Batman movie ever but it is a good one, the main reason people don't like this is because it's not as dark as some of the other Batman movies out there, it reminds me of that really old Batman TV show from the 60's so it's pretty cheesy, all in all it's a good movie from beginning to end.
  13. Feb 1, 2011
    Everything about this movie is wrong, plain and simple. Everything. One may argue that it is a movie for kids to which I respond by saying that it doesn't even show respect to a 3 year old! I do like Michael Gough as Alfred so I have to respect the fact that he remained in the series and felt its decline.
  14. Nov 19, 2010
    In an attempt to make Batman & Robin look and feel like a casual, lightweight movie, Schumacher inadvertently creates a prodution so, in lack of better words, downright lame, itâ
  15. Oct 30, 2010
    superheroes don't get credit cards!!!
  16. Aug 30, 2010
    Awful movie. It's made even worse by the fact that George Clooney could have been a good Batman if he had been given a decent script. Instead, the resulting film is trash. And one other thing, why in hell would anyone think it would be a good idea to put nipples on the Batsuit?
  17. Aug 17, 2010
    Oh Come on people, just because its bad doesnt mean its not entertaining.If you look at tis as a parody its hilarious.Now I know Joel Shumacher didn't make this as a comedy but after watching The Dark Knight its good to get back to the campy fell of the Adam West t.v. show.And honestly go back and watch some of the show and then watch the opening with the ice skates.Joel Shumacher knewOh Come on people, just because its bad doesnt mean its not entertaining.If you look at tis as a parody its hilarious.Now I know Joel Shumacher didn't make this as a comedy but after watching The Dark Knight its good to get back to the campy fell of the Adam West t.v. show.And honestly go back and watch some of the show and then watch the opening with the ice skates.Joel Shumacher knew what he wanted to do and he did it.He returned the campiness from the darkness of the previous movies (especially Batman Returns).Looking at it from that perspective and also knowing the movie was made for kids(look at all the batman toys that came out that summer).It's a very fun movie ....maybe not in keeping with the true dark tone as such masterpieces as "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller or "The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore, but a fun ride none the less.And to all those who cant se the fun...I give you the ''COLD SHOULDER". Expand

The current Bat cycle was already tired when Schumacher replaced Tim Burton behind the camera on "Batman Forever." This chapter -- so action-packed, yet so insufferably dull -- makes it clear that there's nowhere else to go.
    Batman & Robin, like the first three films in the series, is wonderful to look at, and has nothing authentic at its core.
  3. Joel Schumacher, director and ringmaster, piles on the flashy showmanship and keeps the film as big, bold, noisy and mindlessly overwhelming as possible.