2.8

1. Nov 13, 2014
    I laughed during the whole movie--because it was so miserably hilarious at attempting to be serious. All though it was all fun and games laughing at this steaming turd on my TV, I would be angered and slighted if I paid for a movie ticket--but considering how bad even the previews were, I wouldn't be that stupid to see it in theaters.
  2. Oct 17, 2014
    Batman and Robin are back working side-by-side to stop the villains of Gotham City, but is there tension appearing between them, especially when one villainess who calls herself Poison Ivy can make anyone fall in love with her...literally. Along with Poison Ivy, the icy Mr. Freeze is freezing anything which gets in his way from achieving his goal.
  3. Aug 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boy, this movie was bad. There are so many bad things with this movie. First off, the acting was absolutely garbage. George Clooney garbage as Batman, Chris O'donnell was even worse as Robin, Batgirl was unspeakably bad, and the villains were pun-filled cartoons in a movie that was designed to sell toys. They did do a good job at making a money-grabbing toy-selling movie, and I must give them credit for that. This movie also had a plot that was full of moments that I thought to myself this: "Oh wow! That was lucky. The heroes catch every break." The story was predictable, stupid, and cartoonish. Cartoonish is actually a great word to describe this movie. Overall, this movie doesn't get a 0 because it is slightly entertaining because of all the puns. It's not boring, but it lowers your IQ so don't pay to watch it. Watch it at your friends house or if it's on TV! Expand
  4. Aug 8, 2014
    That doesn't deserves to be even a movie!
    First we had Batman,that was awesome.Then we had Batman Returns,that it was decent,but it wasn't great.Then we had Batman Forever,that I think it's the best movie in the franchise,and we got THIS!A movie that doesn't even look like the comics!
    The movie tries to be cheesy like Batman 60s Show,but it fails in so many points.Poison Ivy looks like a
    prostitute,Mr Freeze looks like Electro from Ultimate Spider-Man,the Physics are WORSE than Watch_Dogs.
    The only good points in this movie is George Clooney being Batman/Bruce Wayne.He could be Batman again,he was very good as The Dark Knight.Another good point is Alicia Silverstone being Barbara Gordon.She didn't looked like Barbara from the comics,but she was very good being her,except being Batgirl,she was terrible being a Super-Hero.The best thing in the movie is Michael Gough being Alfred Pennyworth.I feel bad for him with the disease,I almost cried when I saw that he was dying.It was really sad.Those are the only things that made the movie get a 3 in my review,because if it didn't had those things,it would be a GREAT 0.
    If you want to know what hapenned after Batman Forever,want to see Barbara for the first time and Alfred again,just watch the movie.But I have ONE warning: If you are going to watch that movie,prepare to call the cops to destroy your TV in the middle of the movie.
  5. chw
    Jul 20, 2014
    Batman & Robin should have never been made. Trust me, and the others that gave it a bad review, those reviews are the ones that won't waste 2 hours of your life, if you listen to them.
  6. Jun 23, 2014
    As a long life long fan of Batman, I have to say that Batman & Robin has to be the worst of all Batman movies I have ever seen. Heck, even Batman from 1966 was better than this piece of garbage movie. I also believe that the casting for Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze could have been cast better. But over all, I did enjoy some of the scenes that Arnold did in the movie. Other then that, it was a worthless, horrible movie that deserves nothing better than a 1/10 Collapse
  7. May 15, 2014
    Yes, this movie is a sin. Joel Schumacher destroyed B&R with Batman nipples and other stupid failures but it is still fun to watch it if you shut your brain off.
  8. May 10, 2014
    What you will witness in this movie is: Boring story, goofy and campy dialogue, ridiculous costumes, incredible slack of narrative and a 2 hours long abdominal mess. What saves this movie from being a complete piece of sh*t is the "okay" music and the special effects but believe me, this must be one of the worst super-heroes movie that I can't imagine what film could be worse than this
  9. May 8, 2014
    Just... terrible. Batman Forever was a lot worse than the first two movies but this.. this is just.... insulting for Batman! I mean it was ment to be nothing like the other Batman moviesm totally directed towards children but it even failed at that. You can always watch it as a Batman parody if you like... I can't even look at the cover..
  10. May 6, 2014
    SAVE YOURSELVES FOR THE STUPIDITY OF THIS MOVIE! **** BAT CREDIT CARDS! **** BAT NIPPLES! WHY DOES BAT GIRL NOT HAVE NIPPLES! **** "BANE"! **** MR FREEZE AND POISON IVY! **** THE CAST! **** THIS SUCKS EVERYBODY LEAVe
  11. May 3, 2014
    This film isn't that bad at all compared to what people have said. I mean sure, Arnold playing the character may have been a bit silly / childish in a way, but I think it kind of adds charm to it as the film kind of mixes in with serious and not so serious with Mr. Freeze.

The film is actually pretty good and enjoyable to watch, George Clooney did a pretty good job playing the role,
    and so did everyone else. The special effects / CG was good enough for 1997, it could had been a little bit better but still good none the less. The fighting choreography was fairly good as well so I dont really know why everyone dislikes this so much. It's not the best 10/10 movie of the year Batman film of all time. But it's still enjoyable and worth watching. Expand
  12. Apr 14, 2014
    Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy- the only good thing about Batman and Robin. I would rate this 1 but because of Thurman I give it a 3. Everything else is horrifying- For example- George Clooney as Batman is that a joke or something?
  13. Mar 28, 2014
    Unfortunately for batman & robin, Its just too cartonish and poorly, poorly written to even enjoy, Its full of the most Un realistic scenes ever as well has the most ridiculous superhero costumes ever put on film.
  14. Mar 23, 2014
    Everything in this movie is just down-right awkward. Only redeeming quality I can think of is Alicia Silverstone and not because of her acting skills.
  15. Jan 13, 2014
    This film is entertaining for the sole reason that it is dreadful. I can think of a number of drinking games that can be played while watching such as:
    1) take a shot when Arnie makes a 'cold' pun
    2) take a shot every time you see a bat nipple
    3) chug when there is blatant sexual tension between Batman and Robin, etc
  16. Jan 5, 2014
    Outra peça que mostra a incapacidade de Schumacher em fazer filmes.
  17. Dec 25, 2013
    Few films out there are really "worthy" of a 0 star rating, the kind of movie that is either completely devoid of quality or the quality is so buried deep in the earth it isn't even worth mentioning, Batman and Robin is one of those impossibilities. Whenever I hear that this movie is "fun" or "enjoyable" because it's campy or funny or some other crap, I want to blow my ears off. Let me ask you people, THIS, this is the movie you want to say is your guilty pleasure, an irritating, complete rape of the Dark Knight mythology, a film that is so campy that even Adam West would face palm himself. This isn't a film that is so bad it's funny, it isn't even entertaining, all I see when I see this film is countless error after error after error that defies all logic of both film making and Batman, what I see is something that is inexcusable, a complete, wasted idea, that both alienates newcomers to the greatest superhero of all time and destroys the fans who know and love it's source material. It's not as if that Joel Schumacher didn't get Batman, oh no, he got it, but he has a destructive, seething hatred for it and all the fans who suffered through his last (admittedly not extremely) bad Batman film. It's insulting, not to just a fan base, but to film itself, why, because the people who make their films should have at least some respect for it and what it does for others, does this film, no, it understands why we love it, and punishes you for it, this is one of the absolute worst, and when people say it's their guilty pleasure, that it's harmless "fun", and campy good nature, it makes me seethe with rage to know that this unholy abomination, has won it's battle in trying to prove it can quite literally, trick people into liking it, F***... You... Movie... Expand
  18. Nov 29, 2013
    This movie is terrible. First off, the villains are terrible actors. Even Schwarzeneggar's performance was worse than normal. Second, this wasn't a superhero movie. It was a mock-up of a want-a-be movie. The whole sets that were put up were awful. Overall, this movie will never make up for what it did to the entire franchise.
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    Batman & Robin gets a bad rap.Everyone wants the Batman series to be dark and intense like the Nolan movies or gothic like the Burton movies. But take a look back at the early comic books or the 1960's TV show. Batman wasn't just for adults, it was made for kids too. So yes, the Power Ranger-esque dialogue and fighting won't satisfy anyone above 13 years old, but it delighted my 6 year daughter for whom the Nolan movies are boring and the Burton movies too dark. Let the kids have their fun, dammit! Expand
  20. Oct 27, 2013
    if in batman forever you thought that joel schumacher can´t do anything worst it´s because you didn´t see this movie,absolutely nothing on this film is good.
  21. Sep 24, 2013
    Batman & Robin may be bad, but I like to think of it as a guilty pleasure. You watch it sometimes, and think afterwards, "Damn, what a bad movie this was. So, maybe in a couple months I'll re-watch it?"
  22. Sep 19, 2013
    Batman and robin was not a batman movie in my opinion it was more an Ivy and Robin movie. Batman (coolney) didn’t feel the star of the show and half the time the focus wasn’t really on him. Robin (O’donnel) was more the star of the show being the hottest and funniest character there.
    Now the film as I said wasn’t the usual action packed Batman films you’re used to but more a classic comic
    pun making film. It felt more a parody or a comedy in my opinion. The bad guys who in batman world are some of my favorites were played better than the main cast. Poison Ivy (Thurman) was the star of the show being played by such a good actress and was properly the most interesting character and is worth seeing if you’re a movie fan. Mr.Freeze (Schwarzenegger) was also played wonderfully and is again the star of the show. Batgirl also made an appearance which was stupid in my opinion because batgirl meant to be a lesbian (according to the comics if I remember correctly) and her character has practically been removed from comics so her being in this film made my head spin and her romance with Robin was cute but not as hyped up as it should have been.
    So this film isn’t a block buster or like any batman film. It just there trying to be amazing but it just not its more an alright film which you can sit through a have a good time watching it but don’t expect it to dazzle you or give you the feeling Nolen’s batman films give you.
    In my opinion a good watch but not a fantastic piece of cinema.
  23. Sep 8, 2013
    I have to give credit where credit is due and say that Joel Schumacher sure did break the mold for Batman movies in the sense that he must have felt that Batman deserved to be put down a peg or two and with this in mind he set out to make a horrendous pile of trash that even rivals Catwoman for worst super hero movie. If you are still considering watching this then I instead suggest that you buy the DVD and then smash/burn it so that no other poor soul will have to experience this abomination. If you are willing to sacrifice yourself and your money for the good of one poor soul then you may just be a better Batman than George Clooney! Expand
  24. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can not tear at this movie any more than it has already been destroyed. The plot is silly, Clooney is a ridiculous Batman, Robin's whiney, too many one-liners from Schwarzenegger, the characters are bland, and it's overall really bad. But this time watching through i noticed how terrible and cartoonish a lot of the special effects are. Although I must say that it is so stupid and bad, that I find it absolutely hilarious unlike Batman Forever which I think was supposed to be more intentionally funny. Watch it for some good times with a movie that's so bad, it's good. Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2013
    Gay as f**k, with no real congruity, Batman & Robin is a piece of s**t. Schumacher ruined the series with this gay bull***t that he added just because he is gay
  26. Aug 14, 2013
    The second worst superhero movie of all time, would be first but Catwoman exists. George Clooney is terrible as Batman even worse than Val Kilmer. Even worse they tried to make it humourous, and it didn't work. Bat card. Need I say more? This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen and almost as bad as Catwoman.
  27. Aug 9, 2013
    The entire film plays like an enormously unfunny comedy rather than a daring duo superhero flick, and it's too sloppily scripted to enjoy even with its should be likable cast.
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    A terrible fourth installment including dreadful puns and crazy props. The action wasn't too bad but overall it is a humiliating attempt at a decent movie. Joel Schumacher also "commited suicide" with his casting choices.
  29. Jul 9, 2013
    Need I say anything? Batman and Robin is a dull, uninspired, insulting, and ridiculous take on the character. Had Batman Begins not come out, this movie would continue to leave a bad stench to the Batman franchise in Hollywood.
  30. Jul 4, 2013
    One of the worst comic book movies of all time. Joel Schumacher killed the Batman franchise in the 90's with this piece of garbage. I mean seriously Bat nipples.

The current Bat cycle was already tired when Schumacher replaced Tim Burton behind the camera on "Batman Forever." This chapter -- so action-packed, yet so insufferably dull -- makes it clear that there's nowhere else to go.
    Batman & Robin, like the first three films in the series, is wonderful to look at, and has nothing authentic at its core.
  3. Joel Schumacher, director and ringmaster, piles on the flashy showmanship and keeps the film as big, bold, noisy and mindlessly overwhelming as possible.