1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 277 Ratings

1. JasonS.
    Dec 3, 2006
    Almost as bad as 'The Lake House' :-)
  2. A.Note
    Feb 27, 2007
    Every scene in the movie is flooded in either vomit orange, deep purple, or baby poop green. Seriously.
  3. NathanT.
    Mar 8, 2007
    The hype is accurate! "Battlefield Earth" is one of, if not the worst film in the history of mankind. Ugly, stupid, repulsive, and disturbing in a manner not seen, since, well, the era of L. Ron Hubbard's crummy derivative writing and scam of a religion.
  4. DaleH.
    Apr 11, 2007
    This movie was so bad it was amazing that the stars accepted these roles, in two weeks time the primitive people know how to fly fighter jets? It also moved way too fast and was so stupid how the tryed to talk, piece of crap movie, don't waste your time.
  5. Soulman
    Apr 3, 2007
    Well... the film is bad. BUT it is not that bad then I thought after reading all the critics. Or maybe it's only not so bad because it is some sort of fun to see such a bad film. I had a good time!
  6. BenE.
    Aug 15, 2008
    This is possibly the worst movie ever made, but perhaps slightly better than Ben & Arthur.
  7. kidblock
    Aug 20, 2008
    Geez why people give this a higher rating which means they should be put into a mental institution if they like this film. Cause this movie sucks as hell because if poor plot and poor effects in this film.
  8. Cats
    Feb 28, 2001
    In AD 2101. War was beginning. What happen? Somebody set us up the bomb. We get signal. What! Main screen turn on. It's you!! How are you gentlemen. All your base are belong to us!
  9. Zig
    Mar 24, 2001
    Skip the movie, the book was very good though. All your base are belong to us!
  10. TheScottsman
    Jun 11, 2001
    Granted, the book was so long, it was a hard task to put to film. But this movie did not even come close to doing the book justice! Would have been a better mini series for the SciFi channel or something.
  11. RogerD.
    Jul 16, 2001
    I've seen worse, just can't remember when.
  12. RogerD.
    Jul 16, 2001
    I've seen worse, just can't remember when.
  13. AlexB.
    Jul 24, 2002
    This movie should be sealed in a case that reads "break glass only in the event of war" America's new weapon against terrorism...sheer stupidity and boredom.
  14. Mr.Billings
    Dec 6, 2003
    How's this for a resume..."Yes, we would be honored to accept your offer as a worker here at McDonalds Mr. Travolta... you sound like you know your way around a grill... it says here you were a famous actor! WOW! We could use one of those.... wait just a minute!!! This says you starred in Battlefield Earth...HOLY CRAP, was that not the WORST movie of the CENTURY... never mind. Maybe How's this for a resume..."Yes, we would be honored to accept your offer as a worker here at McDonalds Mr. Travolta... you sound like you know your way around a grill... it says here you were a famous actor! WOW! We could use one of those.... wait just a minute!!! This says you starred in Battlefield Earth...HOLY CRAP, was that not the WORST movie of the CENTURY... never mind. Maybe someone alse will hire you." Expand
  15. MajorC.
    Jun 27, 2004
    Appalling drivel.
  16. jim
    Jul 21, 2005
    I am amazed to see people giving this movie 9s and 10s. I am surprised these people can actually type. This movie was terrible beyond comprehension.
  17. AlanN.
    Oct 12, 2006
    So bad it's funny.
  18. ColeL.
    Nov 22, 2001
    The logic of this movie panned your mind and made your body subdued to shut it off. The entire film was exacuted poorly, they were nto thinking about how the audience would recieve this bizzare idea.
  19. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Horsecr**. Poorly shot, poorly acted, poorly made in every possible way. The screenplay has more holes than than a corpse. It's beyond mediocre.
  20. Mar 4, 2011
    Ha ha!!!! I get it now! after watching this overacted, non-linear, headache inspiring film, I get that all the good reviews in this section must be sarcastic! Very good jokes you guys! If you want to see a movie that is so bad that you can't watch it without a constant headache, then by all means, burn through a few hours of your life with this empty soda can that cost 75 million dollarsHa ha!!!! I get it now! after watching this overacted, non-linear, headache inspiring film, I get that all the good reviews in this section must be sarcastic! Very good jokes you guys! If you want to see a movie that is so bad that you can't watch it without a constant headache, then by all means, burn through a few hours of your life with this empty soda can that cost 75 million dollars to make. Expand
  21. May 6, 2012
    This film has so many wholes you could practically see right through it. The performances are so bad and the director was so lost with how to create an action scene. I see why this film won the worst film of the decade at the razzies.
  22. Aug 19, 2011
    This was a terrible movie. It had a terrible plotline and I could barely watch this movie. I couldn't watch this movie and it made me want to kill myself.
  23. Mar 9, 2012
    There are so many reasons why you should avoid Battlefield Earth:

1. Never make a dull and sleazy script from a novel. 2. A film needs more marketing campaigns. 3. Throw it in a landfill in New Mexico. The film is so bad, I will not ever rent or buy a bad box office flop again. I think John Travolta needs to learn a couple of lessons from Pulp Fiction because every time when a
    There are so many reasons why you should avoid Battlefield Earth:

1. Never make a dull and sleazy script from a novel.
    2. A film needs more marketing campaigns.
    3. Throw it in a landfill in New Mexico.

The film is so bad, I will not ever rent or buy a bad box office flop again. I think John Travolta needs to learn a couple of lessons from Pulp Fiction because every time when a critic comes to harass you, that's the reason why sci-fi and adventures don't mix. It's still one of the most disgusting movies since Showgirls and The Adventures of Pluto Nash. No sequel, no nothing. Total B.S. "Battlefield Earth" is so bad, I got a good review in a good way.
  24. Oct 6, 2011
    "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000" has everything messed up. The story is messy and disjointed, (with breath-taking slo-mo action popping up in the wrong time every 5 seconds), the dialogue is cheesy and obvious, as well as for the movie's choppy editing. It sure did deserve a lot of razzies....
  25. Jan 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch ONLY 3 Minutes of the film. maybe, maybe not. Maybe see how BAD it looks for everyone who likes Sci-Fi film. This is one ofthe WORST movies I've seen. Expand
  26. Jan 30, 2012
    Battlefield Earth can be quite accurately summed up by just describing how John Travolta appears - bloated, clumsy, unintelligent, overbearing, uninteresting, ugly, ridiculous, pathetic... The list could go on, though there is a lot more to get to. The plot is mostly cliched, contrived nonsense; the characters look stupid, do stupid things and say stupid things; but where BattlefieldBattlefield Earth can be quite accurately summed up by just describing how John Travolta appears - bloated, clumsy, unintelligent, overbearing, uninteresting, ugly, ridiculous, pathetic... The list could go on, though there is a lot more to get to. The plot is mostly cliched, contrived nonsense; the characters look stupid, do stupid things and say stupid things; but where Battlefield Earth fails on such an IMMENSE scale is the direction. Seriously, the direction is ABHORRENT - never has a big-budget Hollywood movie been directed so awfully. The camera is almost permanently stuck on an absurd diagonal, making it very hard to concentrate, and also causing borderline motion sickness. On top of that, the colours and the lighting are so ugly that it almost defies you to continue watching. Every scene is either in this dull and lifeless blue, or a bewildering menagerie of green, yellow and purple. It's just baffling how anyone could look at this steaming pile and find it anything but excruciating! In addition to this abomination of direction is a cast of grossly unappealing actors, including the emotional flatline, Barry Pepper; the half-asleep Forest Whitaker; and of course, the ham and cheese deluxe, John Travolta. All the adjectives in the world fail to even touch on the complete depth of hopelessness that Battlefield Earth exudes in all facets of production. Let it be the saga of the year 2000, so that all will know of the first mistake humankind made in the new millennium. Expand
  27. Mar 28, 2012
    This was a terrible movie. One of the worst movies i've ever seen. Almost as bad as alone in the dark.................................................
  28. Mar 28, 2012
    Umm... No. Just don't do this. Ever. It's Passion of the Christ for Scientology. Don't watch this if you don't want to feel like you are clawing your eyes out with sharpened fingernails made of poop. So just avoid this movie at all costs.
  29. Jun 4, 2012
    Just No..
    Never Will Win A Single Damn Thing..
    One Of The Worst Movie's I Have Ever Seen
  30. Jul 12, 2012
    The worst film I have ever seen. The writing is absolutely horrible. The acting is very poor. I mean come on, John Travolta and Barry Pepper can be good actors, they deserve better than this crap! But most of all, the film is just downright ugly. The characters are ugly and the film-making concepts that they used for this film are awful. I mean, why is every shot at a slant? This film justThe worst film I have ever seen. The writing is absolutely horrible. The acting is very poor. I mean come on, John Travolta and Barry Pepper can be good actors, they deserve better than this crap! But most of all, the film is just downright ugly. The characters are ugly and the film-making concepts that they used for this film are awful. I mean, why is every shot at a slant? This film just makes no sense whatsoever. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 33 Critics

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    It's a lock to pile up the honors during Hollywood's annual awards season next spring (at the Golden Raspberries and the MTV Movie Awards).
    A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    In the pantheon of cinematic train wrecks, from "Ishtar" to "Waterworld," set a place at the table for Battlefield Earth.