2.1

1. Oct 6, 2011
    "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000" has everything messed up. The story is messy and disjointed, (with breath-taking slo-mo action popping up in the wrong time every 5 seconds), the dialogue is cheesy and obvious, as well as for the movie's choppy editing. It sure did deserve a lot of razzies....
  2. cleanwilly
    Feb 9, 2005
    Absolutely one of the worst films I've ever seen. We were laughing so hard in the theatre, I thought we might get kicked out. Travolta's entrance ranks as one of the most unintentionally funny of al time. This is the perfect film to air for friends at home, armed with beer, pizza and a roomful of quick wits.
  3. May 6, 2012
    This film has so many wholes you could practically see right through it. The performances are so bad and the director was so lost with how to create an action scene. I see why this film won the worst film of the decade at the razzies.
  4. Mar 9, 2012
    There are so many reasons why you should avoid Battlefield Earth:

1. Never make a dull and sleazy script from a novel. 2. A film needs more marketing campaigns. 3. Throw it in a landfill in New Mexico. The film is so bad, I will not ever rent or buy a bad box office flop again. I think John Travolta needs to learn a couple of lessons from Pulp Fiction because every time when a
    There are so many reasons why you should avoid Battlefield Earth:

1. Never make a dull and sleazy script from a novel.
    2. A film needs more marketing campaigns.
    3. Throw it in a landfill in New Mexico.

The film is so bad, I will not ever rent or buy a bad box office flop again. I think John Travolta needs to learn a couple of lessons from Pulp Fiction because every time when a critic comes to harass you, that's the reason why sci-fi and adventures don't mix. It's still one of the most disgusting movies since Showgirls and The Adventures of Pluto Nash. No sequel, no nothing. Total B.S. "Battlefield Earth" is so bad, I got a good review in a good way.
  5. Jan 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Watch ONLY 3 Minutes of the film. maybe, maybe not. Maybe see how BAD it looks for everyone who likes Sci-Fi film. This is one ofthe WORST movies I've seen. Collapse
  6. Jan 30, 2012
    Battlefield Earth can be quite accurately summed up by just describing how John Travolta appears - bloated, clumsy, unintelligent, overbearing, uninteresting, ugly, ridiculous, pathetic... The list could go on, though there is a lot more to get to. The plot is mostly cliched, contrived nonsense; the characters look stupid, do stupid things and say stupid things; but where BattlefieldBattlefield Earth can be quite accurately summed up by just describing how John Travolta appears - bloated, clumsy, unintelligent, overbearing, uninteresting, ugly, ridiculous, pathetic... The list could go on, though there is a lot more to get to. The plot is mostly cliched, contrived nonsense; the characters look stupid, do stupid things and say stupid things; but where Battlefield Earth fails on such an IMMENSE scale is the direction. Seriously, the direction is ABHORRENT - never has a big-budget Hollywood movie been directed so awfully. The camera is almost permanently stuck on an absurd diagonal, making it very hard to concentrate, and also causing borderline motion sickness. On top of that, the colours and the lighting are so ugly that it almost defies you to continue watching. Every scene is either in this dull and lifeless blue, or a bewildering menagerie of green, yellow and purple. It's just baffling how anyone could look at this steaming pile and find it anything but excruciating! In addition to this abomination of direction is a cast of grossly unappealing actors, including the emotional flatline, Barry Pepper; the half-asleep Forest Whitaker; and of course, the ham and cheese deluxe, John Travolta. All the adjectives in the world fail to even touch on the complete depth of hopelessness that Battlefield Earth exudes in all facets of production. Let it be the saga of the year 2000, so that all will know of the first mistake humankind made in the new millennium. Expand
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    This was a terrible movie. One of the worst movies i've ever seen. Almost as bad as alone in the dark.................................................
  8. Mar 28, 2012
    Umm... No. Just don't do this. Ever. It's Passion of the Christ for Scientology. Don't watch this if you don't want to feel like you are clawing your eyes out with sharpened fingernails made of poop. So just avoid this movie at all costs.
  9. Jun 4, 2012
    Just No..
    Never Will Win A Single Damn Thing..
    One Of The Worst Movie's I Have Ever Seen
  10. Jul 12, 2012
    The worst film I have ever seen. The writing is absolutely horrible. The acting is very poor. I mean come on, John Travolta and Barry Pepper can be good actors, they deserve better than this crap! But most of all, the film is just downright ugly. The characters are ugly and the film-making concepts that they used for this film are awful. I mean, why is every shot at a slant? This film justThe worst film I have ever seen. The writing is absolutely horrible. The acting is very poor. I mean come on, John Travolta and Barry Pepper can be good actors, they deserve better than this crap! But most of all, the film is just downright ugly. The characters are ugly and the film-making concepts that they used for this film are awful. I mean, why is every shot at a slant? This film just makes no sense whatsoever. Expand
  11. Mar 1, 2013
    Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 is possibly the worst movie of all time, it comes complete with and incomprehensible plot, wooden and cheesy acting (the best kind) and some terrible camera angles. Now if you roll all of these aspects together into one little deformed ball you will create the greatest disaster to ever hit the big screen. I would recommend this movie only toBattlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 is possibly the worst movie of all time, it comes complete with and incomprehensible plot, wooden and cheesy acting (the best kind) and some terrible camera angles. Now if you roll all of these aspects together into one little deformed ball you will create the greatest disaster to ever hit the big screen. I would recommend this movie only to people who like to torture their own brain for 90 minutes (like me.)

0/10- Train wreck from Hell
  12. Jul 10, 2013
    Horrible, and difficult to watch the entire movie. Once was enough. I don't often have a reason to rate anything this low, but this is one of those times. I can't find anything about this movie that has any redeeming qualities and I like John Travolta, just not in this movie. I think as a parody of sci-fi it would have been better!
  13. Jan 20, 2014
    Wow, this movie is bad, first John Travolta's acting is so over the top you will die laughing, the cinematography is the worst ever, almost every shot is leaning for some reason, the special effects are crap, and nothing makes sense. This is one of the worst movies ever.
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible same with every body's acting in this movie AWFUL JUST TERRIBLE IT'S WIERD AND STUPID SO IS THE BOOK this movie should be banned from shelves and HBO! The Screen play acting setting and cinematography department of this movie just made a star wars and star trek rip off IT DESERVED AND WON A LOT OF GOLDEN RASBERRYS AND I SHOULDVE AND IT DID

--- SPOILER BELOW ---

At the end someone blows up travolta's planet the bomb that travolta planted then barry pepper locks travolta up in a sell where he is surrounded by more than a million brick of gold than Forrest Whitaker is behind them gives the gun to pepper turns out he switched sides and than travolta is pissed that he changed sides and that the movie sucked terribly
  15. Soulman
    Apr 3, 2007
    Well... the film is bad. BUT it is not that bad then I thought after reading all the critics. Or maybe it's only not so bad because it is some sort of fun to see such a bad film. I had a good time!
  16. MichaelF.
    Aug 7, 2001
    The worst movie ever made. But "Innerspace" comes pretty damn close (you can take that out if you want Marc). This movie is the reason I will never even be curious in joining the scientologists. The most piece-of-sh** movie ever made in the history of piece-of-sh** movies.
  17. Oct 5, 2013
    A bizarre ugly film with bizarre ugly characters. The ridiculousness of the story and the fact we have never seen anything like this weird mash-up of alien finance, blackmail, and uninspired Planet of The Apes derivative keeps it oddly entertaining. Travolta overacts to an obscene amount and stumbles around in a strange but intriguing moon boots and dreadlocks combo and makes the filmA bizarre ugly film with bizarre ugly characters. The ridiculousness of the story and the fact we have never seen anything like this weird mash-up of alien finance, blackmail, and uninspired Planet of The Apes derivative keeps it oddly entertaining. Travolta overacts to an obscene amount and stumbles around in a strange but intriguing moon boots and dreadlocks combo and makes the film watchable for his odd performance that certainly doesn't lack in conviction, he wants to do this movie and that adds to it even though it is messy schlock poorly directed by Roger Christian who never met a color filter he didn't like. Expand
  18. Mar 2, 2014
    What the frisk frack paddy wack tittie smack penis whack supercalifragilisticexpialidocious son of a gun **** slap ass **** anal rape tight rope walk is this horse ****
  19. Jul 28, 2014
    This film had me rock hard from start to finish. John Travolta has never played a more convincing role; I think he really explored the roots of his own life in this motion picture.

The ending was simply "golden"
  20. george
    Nov 4, 2008
    After all the brutal reviews I expected BE to be the next Plan 9 on a big budget. Derivative, absolutely - and that's really its worst problem: for all the money and hoopla it looks and sounds like every other sci-fi schlocker, right down to the lighting, sound fx, etc; Travolta should never have cast himself in the lead - he's TRAVOLTA, and you can't get past that; at After all the brutal reviews I expected BE to be the next Plan 9 on a big budget. Derivative, absolutely - and that's really its worst problem: for all the money and hoopla it looks and sounds like every other sci-fi schlocker, right down to the lighting, sound fx, etc; Travolta should never have cast himself in the lead - he's TRAVOLTA, and you can't get past that; at least duds like DUNE tried to create something visually unique. But hey, I've also defended ISHTAR - another movie undeserving of such universal derision; bad? Yep; the WORST? Not even close; if you're looking for TRUE PAIN then test yourself with Roberto B's PINOCCHIO. Expand
  21. TomC.
    Mar 28, 2007
    This film is great. You must be a psychiatrist or on medication if you hate this film. My buddy Jon Travolta does an excellent job portraying Bob Marley. I can't wait to show it to Suri when IT takes over and our Xenu comes back. Haven't you all suspected? THIS film is how I converted Katie. I assure you, watch this film and your E-Meter will be off the chart. Just pay 400 This film is great. You must be a psychiatrist or on medication if you hate this film. My buddy Jon Travolta does an excellent job portraying Bob Marley. I can't wait to show it to Suri when IT takes over and our Xenu comes back. Haven't you all suspected? THIS film is how I converted Katie. I assure you, watch this film and your E-Meter will be off the chart. Just pay 400 thousand dollars to the only true religion and 5 bucks to your local secular video store and you too can be a scientologist! Thanks for your time, and Viacom, f.ck off! I'm fine without you! Expand
  22. DavidD.
    May 21, 2007
    Best bilingual scifi movie of all time In a country where bilingual English/Spanish signage is scoffed at by the illiterate provincial masses, I don't expect a movie as brilliantly bilingual as BattleField Earth to have been embraced. Just as I am ahead of my times for my ability to speak Chinese, so BattleField Earth is ahead of its time in presenting the inhabitants of Psyclo as Best bilingual scifi movie of all time In a country where bilingual English/Spanish signage is scoffed at by the illiterate provincial masses, I don't expect a movie as brilliantly bilingual as BattleField Earth to have been embraced. Just as I am ahead of my times for my ability to speak Chinese, so BattleField Earth is ahead of its time in presenting the inhabitants of Psyclo as non-native English speakers who need to tech their enemy their language before they can communicate with him. That aspect was misunderstood by the uni-lingual American masses. In a world where only 7% of the people speak English as their native language, I find it insulting to see SciFi movies where Romulans and Naboo-ians speak perfect English. The "cultural elite" often praise themselves on watching foreign films with subtitles, yet the same people scoff at the best bilingual scifi movie of all times - BattleField Earth. BattleField Earth gets 2 thumbs up from this critic. Expand
  23. Mike
    Feb 5, 2006
    I was expecting it to be different having read the book. I thought it was not bad at all , i don't follow critics opinions, especially were sci fi is concerned. a worse piece of crap was hitchikers guide to the galaxy but you don't hear nothing about it, or Vin disel's attempt at sci fi. that moovie sucked so much i forgot the name.
  24. DetoxE.
    Apr 6, 2009
    I have watched this movie several times. I enjoyed watching it. The Alien race is very interesting. The whole movie is somewhat different from the normal Hollywood output. May be not better but at least different! So it is not a very good movie but it is worth watching if one likes the genre.
  25. JebH.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Come on guys, this isn't that bad! I thought this movie was a sci-fi treat, begining to end!
  26. TitaniumDragon
    Jul 21, 2009
    This movie IS terrible, but it crosses the line from "its awful" to "its so bad its good". It is completely ridiculous, but it is actually quite watchable so long as you laugh at it. There are definitely, definitely worse movies.
  27. RobS.
    Jun 18, 2001
    This was the greatest film of all time! It really changed my life! Plot twists and non stop action make this movie a must see!
  28. DaleD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    A masterpeice, one of the best films ever made.
  29. GilbertMaloneycakes
    Sep 30, 2002
    It's fabulous! It's breathtaking! It's completely and utterly appalling! I love it!
  30. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Of course this movie sucked, anyone who expected a good movie after looking at the box it came in is just stupid. It is much more enjoyed if u laugh at it.
  31. RickB.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Not all bad just alittle not very good. I will say i have seen worse.
  32. Yossarian
    Jan 25, 2006
    A very funny comedy with two of the funniest performances and two of the funniest characters I've seen from either John Travolta or Forrest Whitaker. What? It wasn't supposed to be a comedy? Too bad. It is what it is. I laughed myself silly!
  33. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    A generic sci-fi action flick that honestly isn't worth the cost of admission. It's not nearly as bad as some of the other films at this rating level though.
  34. VinnyB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Far ahead of its time, "Battlefield Earth" was never recognized for the masterpiece allegory that it is. The aliens in this movie are thinly veiled versions of Scientology proselytizers, and their adventures on planet Earth focus on the misunderstandings that often occur between members of the church and the general public. Travolta's character is an unsubtle archetype of every Far ahead of its time, "Battlefield Earth" was never recognized for the masterpiece allegory that it is. The aliens in this movie are thinly veiled versions of Scientology proselytizers, and their adventures on planet Earth focus on the misunderstandings that often occur between members of the church and the general public. Travolta's character is an unsubtle archetype of every Hubbard-worshiping movie star that has come before him - his natty dreads and over-the-top delivery an uncanny riff on Tom Cruise's performance in "Born on the Fourth of July." His large bulk and space-faring ways can not fail to invoke memories of Kirstie Alley in a far inferior sci-fi flick, "Star Trek II." Indeed, the film makes a case for L. Ron Hubbard as the supreme pop culture Sci-Fi guru of our time, not the overrated Gene Roddenberry. Indeed, "Battlefield Earth" may very well be viewed in the year 3000 much as we look back on near-forgotten masterpieces like "The Inferno" and "King Lear." Watch for Will Smith's brief but hilarious cameo as a Bible salesmen. Other Scientologists making brief cameos include Tom Hanks, Bea Arthur, the kid from "Jerry Maguire," and Fred "The Hammer" Williamson. Expand
  35. FredL.
    May 15, 2005
    A provocative look at human nature's ability to overcome the worst hurdles imangiable. Set in the year 3000, Battlefield Earth is a beautiful piece of art. The writing was genious and I doubt I'll ever see a movie as well acted as this again.
    Nov 14, 2004
    Superbly acted, delving into the outer reaches of a humans survival. Flawless, I cryed in the end.
  37. Sep 8, 2010
    Before I watched this, I thought it would be good for the audiences around the world but when i watched it, I feel disappointed for this movie and also wasted my money for watching this crap
  38. May 7, 2011
    This movie isn't nearly as bad as all that. Sure, it's a bit cheesy but I liked the characters. I think it's done purposely with tongue in cheek, not meant to be a SERIOUS sci-fi but just a fun adventure; Sort of the same way how the Indiana Jones movies were inspired by those old serial shorts. It has pretty good fx and the actors are clearly into it. The story is cool though unoriginal,This movie isn't nearly as bad as all that. Sure, it's a bit cheesy but I liked the characters. I think it's done purposely with tongue in cheek, not meant to be a SERIOUS sci-fi but just a fun adventure; Sort of the same way how the Indiana Jones movies were inspired by those old serial shorts. It has pretty good fx and the actors are clearly into it. The story is cool though unoriginal, but I rooted for the humans to rise up against their alien masters. Don't over-think it, you'll have some fun. Ignore the haters, they just go for the obvious cheap shots. If you like sci-fi adventures, then you could do much worse. Expand
  39. Jul 26, 2011
    You know what, even with the crummy camera-angles and John Travolta as an intergalactic space commander...thing...it wasn't bad to look at it's colorful scenes and comfy science-fiction action. But still...it is an interesting film that even though is said to be the worst, will still have people talking eons to come.
  40. S.Smurf
    May 18, 2005
    I give it a 1 and not the deserved 0, because it still managed to successfully evoke the feeling of being ill, including the urge to vomit. Although this is quite an achievement, it probably was not the original goal of the makers.
  41. StephenC.
    May 8, 2008
    Better than I thought it was going to be and I can still only give it a 2. It's shamelessly pandering to the same people that Scientology does, the not so smart segment of the population. Besides being a not very good sci-fi story in the first place it is also a bad adaptation of a bad story that is badly acted and badly directed. The best thing I can say is some of the acting is so Better than I thought it was going to be and I can still only give it a 2. It's shamelessly pandering to the same people that Scientology does, the not so smart segment of the population. Besides being a not very good sci-fi story in the first place it is also a bad adaptation of a bad story that is badly acted and badly directed. The best thing I can say is some of the acting is so bad it's laughable, especially Mr. Travolta. Expand
  42. JohnD.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Not one character was appealing. I enjoy science fiction a great deal but this reminds me why 99% of the time the movies are never done correctly or are able to be funded. Any made for tv movie would have been much better because at least you could blame a lack of funding, but this fails on such a large scale that its imeasurable. Never thought Id ever feel sorry for an actor before but Not one character was appealing. I enjoy science fiction a great deal but this reminds me why 99% of the time the movies are never done correctly or are able to be funded. Any made for tv movie would have been much better because at least you could blame a lack of funding, but this fails on such a large scale that its imeasurable. Never thought Id ever feel sorry for an actor before but Travolta this was just sad. Its his own fault though. Expand
    Aug 16, 2001
    Can't get worse than this.
  44. NedD.
    Sep 14, 2001
    Worst movie of 2000? You betcha! Rarely has a movie been so misguided in every department: acting, directing, editing, costume design, make-up, screenplay, cinematography, score, special effects....EVERYTHING! It almost takes some kind of genius to be able to put together something this catastrophically awful.
  45. SimonT.
    Jul 25, 2002
    Dianetics ? More like Diuretics, 'cuz I peed my pants laughing at the stunningly ineptitude and horribleness of this movie. Its L. Ron HubBAD !
  46. ErwinK.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Oh my God!!! I rented this video just to have a good laugh at a crap movie. But its not even funny in a crap way. It is a wholesomely depressingly bad movie that had me in tears at the end. I never believed film-making could ever be this bad. No-one should go through this hell. The U.N. should intervene and charge Roger Christian as a war criminal. For the sake of humanity he should be Oh my God!!! I rented this video just to have a good laugh at a crap movie. But its not even funny in a crap way. It is a wholesomely depressingly bad movie that had me in tears at the end. I never believed film-making could ever be this bad. No-one should go through this hell. The U.N. should intervene and charge Roger Christian as a war criminal. For the sake of humanity he should be removed from society. Expand
  47. DaveC.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Utterly dreadful and appalling, but in a sickly fascinating sort of way, maybe I'm just weird.
  48. Sam
    Nov 20, 2005
    It's far from the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's not very good either. I really thought the plot gave it pottential, but the lame effects and acting really ruined it. There are, however, two things that I DID enjoy about this move. As I said before, the plot was interesting and I really enjoyed Travolta's performance. Other than that, I will admit that this is a It's far from the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's not very good either. I really thought the plot gave it pottential, but the lame effects and acting really ruined it. There are, however, two things that I DID enjoy about this move. As I said before, the plot was interesting and I really enjoyed Travolta's performance. Other than that, I will admit that this is a true, honest-to-God disaster. Expand
  49. PonR.
    Jul 7, 2005
    It gets 1 point for giving us scantily-clad tribal women sporting exotic tans. Its worth as a movie accounts for the other 9 points, or lack thereof as it were.
  50. SkeetM.
    Aug 26, 2005
    I've seen many great movies and many bad ones, but this is easily the worst all around flick i have watched. by far. from dialogue to plot to scenery to tone to setting to costum design. it is bad beyond comprehension from start to finish. and in no way am i guilty of exaggeration.
  51. AndrésM.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Horrible and completely stupid. I´d rather use the time to stare at a rotten banana.
  52. NickA
    Sep 16, 2006
    Sometimes you feel you have to watch something to see if its as bad as everyone said! I did and it
  53. Anon
    Apr 7, 2008
    The most clichéd science fiction piece I have ever witnessed. Absolutely terribly written and the acting inspired no emotional reaction.
  54. Lauren
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's so bad, it's not even funny. Who gave this movie the green light? I would like to know, cause' they need to re-evaluate their jobs.
  55. AjaxT.
    Dec 2, 2001
    Wow! This is the first movie I have ever seen that I actually vomited on myself. After that, I set the cassette on fire with napalm and told the video rental place that I was willing to pay for it. Wow!
  56. DanL.
    Jan 25, 2001
    Must-see for Film students on what not to do. Wonderful book and excellent actors; the mystery is how a terrible movie could come from that.
  57. A.Price
    Jan 29, 2001
    This is a bad film made from a bad book written by a bad author.
  58. SuperD.
    Feb 21, 2001
    What a disappointment. It's a really bad flick - there's no other way to spin it.
  59. Cats
    Mar 12, 2001
    Take off every 'Zig'! You know what you doing. Move 'Zig'. For great justice.
  60. BobbyB.
    Aug 31, 2001
    Rob S. you f...ing idiot.
  61. MatthewK.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Godallmighty this one stunk worse than anything else I have ever seen.
  62. CraigK.
    Aug 5, 2002
    SUCKS!!! I gave it a one because of the great makeup job.
  63. AG
    Sep 1, 2002
    Worse than watching a Rodney Dangerfield film festival.
  64. PatC.
    Dec 1, 2003
    I'm giving this movie a 1 because I'm reluctant to say it's totally bad. Some could consider the lack of mental challenge somewhat refreshing. Perhaps. Not anyone I know, but, um, let's see ... Travolta really tried to ... well, if one contemplates the story line ... the prison injustices had a hint of credibility, didn't they ... no, really, the effects were I'm giving this movie a 1 because I'm reluctant to say it's totally bad. Some could consider the lack of mental challenge somewhat refreshing. Perhaps. Not anyone I know, but, um, let's see ... Travolta really tried to ... well, if one contemplates the story line ... the prison injustices had a hint of credibility, didn't they ... no, really, the effects were almost as good as, um, ... ya got to at least admit this flick could change someone's life, somewhere, somehow, I mean, picture it ... OK, 0. Expand
  65. MackM.
    Oct 22, 2003
    They say that a million monkeys typing for a million years would by chance manage to create something as magnificent as the greatest works of shakespeare. Battlefield Earth? Three monkeys, five minutes.
    Feb 12, 2003
    For some strange reason I actually enjoyed this movie...a little...
  67. YoonC.
    Sep 14, 2003
    If mankind makes few more movies like this, we deserve to be invaded!
  68. camerons.
    Jan 22, 2005
    Absolutly awful. But it strangly engages you though with its sheer atrosity of a plot, dreaddful actring and some of the worst costume design I've ever seen. The aliens are just people wearing moon boots for petes sake! Whats even worse is that you can tell that John Travolta put alot of money in this. Maybe he should have spent his money on something better, perhaps fuel for his plane.
  69. matta.
    Jun 28, 2005
    This movie is so bad that, honestly,it is worth seeing for a few laughs (hence the 2). Travolta should never be able to live this down, especially considering that he executive produced it.
  70. JasonS.
    Dec 3, 2006
    Almost as bad as 'The Lake House' :-)
  71. A.Note
    Feb 27, 2007
    Every scene in the movie is flooded in either vomit orange, deep purple, or baby poop green. Seriously.
  72. NathanT.
    Mar 8, 2007
    The hype is accurate! "Battlefield Earth" is one of, if not the worst film in the history of mankind. Ugly, stupid, repulsive, and disturbing in a manner not seen, since, well, the era of L. Ron Hubbard's crummy derivative writing and scam of a religion.
  73. DaleH.
    Apr 11, 2007
    This movie was so bad it was amazing that the stars accepted these roles, in two weeks time the primitive people know how to fly fighter jets? It also moved way too fast and was so stupid how the tryed to talk, piece of crap movie, don't waste your time.
  74. BenE.
    Aug 15, 2008
    This is possibly the worst movie ever made, but perhaps slightly better than Ben & Arthur.
  75. kidblock
    Aug 20, 2008
    Geez why people give this a higher rating which means they should be put into a mental institution if they like this film. Cause this movie sucks as hell because if poor plot and poor effects in this film.
  76. Cats
    Feb 28, 2001
    In AD 2101. War was beginning. What happen? Somebody set us up the bomb. We get signal. What! Main screen turn on. It's you!! How are you gentlemen. All your base are belong to us!
  77. Zig
    Mar 24, 2001
    Skip the movie, the book was very good though. All your base are belong to us!
  78. TheScottsman
    Jun 11, 2001
    Granted, the book was so long, it was a hard task to put to film. But this movie did not even come close to doing the book justice! Would have been a better mini series for the SciFi channel or something.
  79. RogerD.
    Jul 16, 2001
    I've seen worse, just can't remember when.
  80. RogerD.
    Jul 16, 2001
    I've seen worse, just can't remember when.
  81. AlexB.
    Jul 24, 2002
    This movie should be sealed in a case that reads "break glass only in the event of war" America's new weapon against terrorism...sheer stupidity and boredom.
  82. Mr.Billings
    Dec 6, 2003
    How's this for a resume..."Yes, we would be honored to accept your offer as a worker here at McDonalds Mr. Travolta... you sound like you know your way around a grill... it says here you were a famous actor! WOW! We could use one of those.... wait just a minute!!! This says you starred in Battlefield Earth...HOLY CRAP, was that not the WORST movie of the CENTURY... never mind. Maybe How's this for a resume..."Yes, we would be honored to accept your offer as a worker here at McDonalds Mr. Travolta... you sound like you know your way around a grill... it says here you were a famous actor! WOW! We could use one of those.... wait just a minute!!! This says you starred in Battlefield Earth...HOLY CRAP, was that not the WORST movie of the CENTURY... never mind. Maybe someone alse will hire you." Expand
  83. MajorC.
    Jun 27, 2004
    Appalling drivel.
  84. jim
    Jul 21, 2005
    I am amazed to see people giving this movie 9s and 10s. I am surprised these people can actually type. This movie was terrible beyond comprehension.
  85. AlanN.
    Oct 12, 2006
    So bad it's funny.
  86. ColeL.
    Nov 22, 2001
    The logic of this movie panned your mind and made your body subdued to shut it off. The entire film was exacuted poorly, they were nto thinking about how the audience would recieve this bizzare idea.
  87. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Horsecr**. Poorly shot, poorly acted, poorly made in every possible way. The screenplay has more holes than than a corpse. It's beyond mediocre.
  88. Mar 4, 2011
    Ha ha!!!! I get it now! after watching this overacted, non-linear, headache inspiring film, I get that all the good reviews in this section must be sarcastic! Very good jokes you guys! If you want to see a movie that is so bad that you can't watch it without a constant headache, then by all means, burn through a few hours of your life with this empty soda can that cost 75 million dollarsHa ha!!!! I get it now! after watching this overacted, non-linear, headache inspiring film, I get that all the good reviews in this section must be sarcastic! Very good jokes you guys! If you want to see a movie that is so bad that you can't watch it without a constant headache, then by all means, burn through a few hours of your life with this empty soda can that cost 75 million dollars to make. Expand
  89. Aug 19, 2011
    This was a terrible movie. It had a terrible plotline and I could barely watch this movie. I couldn't watch this movie and it made me want to kill myself.
  90. Aug 25, 2012
    The worst movie I saw in my life.The second place goes to Lord of the Flies.I do not like the plot of Lord of the flies;but Battlefield Earth has the worst director and the worst actor:John Travolta(only for this movie).
  91. Jun 28, 2014
    In my opoinion this is the wprst film of all time. The camera angles are annoying and the fuxking scene transitions with the "wipes" is annoying as hell. John Travolta's character is just really stupid and cheesy. The slow motion is **** The script is really poor with lots of plot holes and the design is just really bad.
  92. Sep 10, 2013
    Perhaps not as bad as most make it out to be. But still a bad film. Battlefield Earth fails at keeping the viewer entertained because of it's run time which is 30 minutes too long. It fails at building up suspense and tension, when the characters were in danger I wanted them to die. It fails at being an acceptable science fiction movie because of it's bad special effects. The only thing itPerhaps not as bad as most make it out to be. But still a bad film. Battlefield Earth fails at keeping the viewer entertained because of it's run time which is 30 minutes too long. It fails at building up suspense and tension, when the characters were in danger I wanted them to die. It fails at being an acceptable science fiction movie because of it's bad special effects. The only thing it doesn't fail at is having a good portrayal of Terl. John Travolta (surprisingly) is the best thing about the movie and delivers a good performance. Overall Battlefield Earth is a stupid Star Wars wannabe which doesn't seem to have any plot. Expand
  93. Feb 5, 2013
    An unbelievably terrible alien the film that has reached the level of terrible on every single aspect of the film from poor acting, a hideous color, terrible effects, the awful storyline with plot wholes, and the ridiculous angle shots.
  94. Mar 24, 2013
    Movies like Battlefield Earth don't even deserve to be in Hollywood business. I don't even think the story was engaging and the acting was horrible as crap. The story that is copying Star Trek doesn't even work, not for even 4 minutes it doesn't. This whole 3000 bad special CGI effected world is nothing just a fake invitation to invite you to the most horrible movies John Travolta has everMovies like Battlefield Earth don't even deserve to be in Hollywood business. I don't even think the story was engaging and the acting was horrible as crap. The story that is copying Star Trek doesn't even work, not for even 4 minutes it doesn't. This whole 3000 bad special CGI effected world is nothing just a fake invitation to invite you to the most horrible movies John Travolta has ever acted in. I advise you not to watch Battlefield Earth, strongly advise you not to. Strongly. Expand
  95. Aug 19, 2013
    This movie is so exquisitely bad, it went all the way past the score meter into the negative dimension, came back from the other side, and settled on an almost absolute zero.
    The acting is horrible, the dialog is beyond childish, and the plot while still making some sense in the book is laughably ridiculous in the film adaptation. From start to finish, there is simply nothing to enjoy here.
  96. Aug 22, 2013
    Let's put this in simple words; this is the worst movie I've ever had the unfortunate coincidence to stumble upon. It's all bull**** Scientology and John Travolta ruins his status. Pulp Fiction was great. Why now do something where all he does is scream like a girl with f****ing asthma while mixing in KISS and Bob Marley.
  97. Jul 28, 2014
    Battlefield Earth, oh where do I begin with this movie? Either start off with the god-awful acting or the terribly written story. Set in the year 3000 we see a bunch of...cavemen. Then later on we get to see John Travolta in one of the worst alien looking attires I have ever seen. That's it! I'm not going any further with this movie! Watch it for yourself and tell me how it goes. A zeroBattlefield Earth, oh where do I begin with this movie? Either start off with the god-awful acting or the terribly written story. Set in the year 3000 we see a bunch of...cavemen. Then later on we get to see John Travolta in one of the worst alien looking attires I have ever seen. That's it! I'm not going any further with this movie! Watch it for yourself and tell me how it goes. A zero out of ten. Expand
  98. Dec 18, 2014
    I was able to sit through 20 minutes of this movie, only to find nothing but horribleness. Battlefield Earth has atrocious acting, awkward camera angles, and misplaced dialogue. This movie felt like if the Matrix met After Earth. Only that it is 10 times worse than After Earth. There is literally nothing that it is at least half-decent in this movie! 0/10 (unspeakable)
  99. Dec 29, 2014
    These reviews aren't lying. This is one of the worst excuses for a film I've ever seen. Everything, from the acting to the costumes to the special effects to the story to the script to the plot holes to the action to the cinematography to the lighting, just sucks. This is the worst movie I've ever seen.
  100. Jan 11, 2015
    Although I've only seen the trailer of Battlefield Earth, I still know how awful this movie is. There's bad special effects, bad makeup effects, and bad acting. I can see why it only made 29.7 million.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 33 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    It's a lock to pile up the honors during Hollywood's annual awards season next spring (at the Golden Raspberries and the MTV Movie Awards).
    A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    In the pantheon of cinematic train wrecks, from "Ishtar" to "Waterworld," set a place at the table for Battlefield Earth.