4.6

1. Jul 12, 2014
    This movie blows my mind of, truly one of the most awesome film's of 2012!

This film got everything from a massive amount of action, great CGI and a touching soundtrack to awesome actors and spectacular science fiction. I totally love the mix between the navy and alien encounters, so unique and so original. I got to say, the first time I saw this film I was like WOW, how awesome isn't
    this film, and I know it doesn't got a high rating, but I totally love this movie, it's so damn good. I really enjoyed the special effects, especially the lens flares, and the movie overall got a fantastic story. It's not a 10, because it didn't feel as a 10, and there are some mistakes the director (who I never have heard of before) did, and the ending could have been better.

Battleship is a damn awesome and cool movie, that really deserves a high score.

Battleship gets a 9/10
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    If you like action films packed will explosive special effects then Battleship will blow you away. In this film the explosions are even more realistic than the ones in 12 Rounds.
    But the film isn't always great, the beginning does lack in action. And the film also gives the viewer a bit too much information at the beginning. This is bad because it can cause the viewer to become confused
    and lose interest. Although the beginning makes up for its lack of action by introducing a very funny shop-lifting scene. The lack of action at the beginning also gives the film a chance to introduce the characters and the plot, which is good because this helps the viewer to feel more involved in the film.
    The film is about a group scientists who create a device that allows them to communicate with a planet that is similar to ours. But when they do communicate the planet sends five spaceships that are armed with guns and aliens, to our planet. Luckily the ship that is used to communicate crash lands into Hong Kong and is destroyed so now the four remaining ships have to use our device to communicate, with their home planet, which can only send one message per day.
    The other four ships land in the middle of the ocean where they are soon met by a group of Navy Destroyer ships.
    As I said before, the film does lack in action at the beginning but once the action starts it doesn't stop. The action starts when the Navy Destroyer ships meet the spaceships in the middle of the ocean. In this scene special effects are used to show how advanced the aliens' weapons are. Also in this scene slow-motion effects are used to show how close some of the explosives are to hitting the navy ships.
    As well as explosive action scenes this film also has some great fight scenes. I think the best fight scene is when one of the aliens gets on one of the Navy Destroyer ships and in order to stop their ship from sinking the soldiers have to fight the alien. The thing that makes the fight interesting is that the alien is an armoured suit and the soldiers don't have any armour on at all. The scene also keeps the viewer interested with some comedy and an explosive ending.
    But this fight scene is nothing compared to my favourite scene which is near the end of the movie, when the remaining soldiers are forced to use a 70 year-old battleship to fight against one of the spaceships. This scene is great because it builds up suspense by showing how advanced the aliens' weapons are and also when the captain of the ship, Alex Hopper (Taylor Kitsch), uses a unique technique to fight against the aliens, which builds up suspense.
    I would recommend this film to anyone who like action films with great special effects, comedy and suspense and I would rate this film 9 out of 10.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you have never seen this movie, do not listen to these reviews. Battleship was an amazing movie and now one of my favorites. If you are that dumb and you cannot follow the story then just go watch Barney or something and stop discouraging people from watching good movies. Yes, their is a bunch of scenes in the movie that do not make sense 'IN REAL LIFE' but this is not real life, this is a movie. So if you want to watch an action packed movie about the US Navy destroying an alien invasion with few plot twists but still good ones then watch this movie. Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2013
    What a flick Battleships is. They said a movie of a board game could never be done but Battleships proved them wrong. And strictly speaking, you don't really use a board in the game. The game itself is just a heap of guessing and stuff, but the movie ups the game and adds an alien invasion that you really don't see coming. This has Rihanna the pop singer. Bit of a boy's haircut in this but boy can she act. And Liam Neeson. YES, THAT Liam Neeson. From Taken 2. Brilliant A-list stars. And they're not even the main people in it. That's how crazy this movie is. Expand
  5. Oct 31, 2012
    Battleship really has got some stunning special effects and for that i take my hat off to it, but it is based on the battleships board-game,(Jesus what has life come to?) The film was mostly enjoyable but did have its (very) crap moments. Go out and buy it. Your worth it!
  6. Oct 19, 2012
    The battle sequences clearly make this movie. The characters/dialogue seem to be there because they have to be, and you can easily see the screw-up-redeems-himself theme from the beginning. But wow, the action sequences were First Rate! Think Halo Invasion. Very tight with a jump-up and fist-pump-the-air ending sequence. Highly recommended.
  7. Sep 3, 2012
    People who say that this is a bad film need to go to a doctor because it is most defiantly one of the better films of the last 10yrs ! Its just people being negative about everything !
  8. Aug 10, 2012
    BATTLESHIP is a bit like JJ Abram's STAR TREK and a bit like Michael Bay's TRANSFORMERS, except that it is better than both of those films combined (it's more exciting, the explosions are handled with more finesse, and Brooklyn Decker is 3 times hotter than Megan Fox.) Only Decker's and Rihanna's stilted acting detracts a little from the overall excellence of the film, which works on so many levels. It is also ingenious how the writers managed to link it to the Hasbro game, and tie everything together nicely. I expected this movie to suck, but it turned out to be one the best films I have ever watched on the big screen. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2012
    I absolutely loved the movie. I go to movies for entertainment. If the movie keeps my attention and excites me, it has done its job. I enjoyed this movie more than I enjoyed Avengers!! Different strokes for different folks.
  10. May 19, 2012
    You all ready know the invaders are fake so what's the big deal! I am ex military and loved the variety of war heros. I enjoyed this better than the Avengers. Great, diverse cast and Rhianna was kick butt!

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 22, 2012
    The story, by brothers Erich and Jon Hoeber, who also penned the clever, quippy, aging-assassin movie "Red," is cleverer and quippier than it has any reason to be, even if it makes not the remotest sense.
    One of the more enjoyably terrible movies of the year.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 18, 2012
    The script is replete with howlers. My favorite, from Kitsch, after the aliens strike: "I've got a bad feeling about this." Indeed.