Bean

6.9

1. May 27, 2015
    Not as funny as I thought it would be but the film has some of it's moments and have some great memorable scenes.Mr. Bean is a fun man.Bean is not bad at all but it is not great.
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    "Bean" is a monotonous movie that pertain a few laughs to laugh; no more, no less.
  3. Sep 5, 2010
    This is a great movie. Rowan Atkinson is great once again. Tom McGowan is great too! It's one of the best British movies ever made. I loved it,and my mom did too. Don't miss it!
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    Bean represents Rowan Atkinson's first attempt to translate his brilliant character into a watchable 90 minute film format. Unfortunately the film is flat and mostly unfunny. Besides a few moments here and there, Bean just doesn't satisfy the way that the Mr. Bean program invariably did. An extended cameo by Burt Reynolds(before it was cool to have a cameo by Burt Reynolds and frickin'Bean represents Rowan Atkinson's first attempt to translate his brilliant character into a watchable 90 minute film format. Unfortunately the film is flat and mostly unfunny. Besides a few moments here and there, Bean just doesn't satisfy the way that the Mr. Bean program invariably did. An extended cameo by Burt Reynolds(before it was cool to have a cameo by Burt Reynolds and frickin' everyone wanted one) adds a little flavor but the resulting film is still a cheese sandwich. Expand
  5. May 20, 2014
    This movie is on its funniest when watched for the first time, but then again, the funny scenes are just SO hilarious that the movie is enjoyable even after several re-views.

There is a plot in the story, the characters are tastefully introduced, Rowan Atkinson is amazing in his role, and all the necessary elements of a good movie are there. It's all about chaos, really. Enjoyable,

It's all about chaos, really. Enjoyable, shameful, chaos.
  6. Sep 4, 2012
    "Bean" is an OK movie, which will bring you laughs, a lot of laughs. The plot is funny, the characters are funny and Mr.Bean got the same, great idiotic and unique acting.
  7. Jan 16, 2013
    Bean is unfairly underrated. It is a great movie. I enjoyed it, loads of laugh and love. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen in my entire life. Real fun and comedy. Don't know why people don't like this. Rowan Atkinson FTW!
  8. Sep 24, 2013
    Rowan Atkinson's Mr. Bean is a funny soul, with his goofy faces and playfully obnoxious, scatterbrained attitude. But it all feels like one big, long, SNL skit.
  9. Aug 23, 2014
    "Bean" has good intentions. But noble intentions can't help this tired comedy movie overcome obvious gags, overabundance of plot holes and bland characters.
  10. Sep 5, 2014
    This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen - maybe even the funniest. A perfect film.
    I think this film is better than Bean's second film (Mr. Bean's Vacation).
  11. Sep 28, 2015
    A faithful, delightful and hilariously laughing riot feature film to the British television film. Flawed, but comedic ally fascinating, this film is a MUST WATCH for the Mr. Bean fans. It's so funny how a goofy British mumbling character causes so much trouble in the United States of America. Especially when the airport officer says "Well you could really use some [medication]" I wasA faithful, delightful and hilariously laughing riot feature film to the British television film. Flawed, but comedic ally fascinating, this film is a MUST WATCH for the Mr. Bean fans. It's so funny how a goofy British mumbling character causes so much trouble in the United States of America. Especially when the airport officer says "Well you could really use some [medication]" I was laughing like crazy. Even though it broke a rule (Bean speaks a bit differently than the TV series, it's still freshly squeezed comedy and fun for the whole family. To be honest, I also thought the TV series was funny and I was really hoping for a full length movie. Rowan Atkinson is truly at his best as the loveable and goofy character. The film used many of the ideas and skits from the original television series. Expand
  12. Mar 19, 2016
    It's difficult for Bean to be a family-friendly film, despite the very funny stunts that Rowan Atkinson brings us, but they're already watched by viewers worldwide in Mr. Bean series, sadly. Anyway, this film brings a good message, very difficult to find out to understand, unforgettable main character, enjoyable story-telling.

While Bean branches out from the format developed for the television series, it remains faithful to the concepts and constructs that led to its success.
    Whatever the reason, Bean saddles Atkinson with a story that hangs on him like a dead weight and a filmmaking style that surrounds him like dead air.
  3. But while rooted in British sensibilities, Bean is not to be confused with a Noel Coward comedy. Not every gag in Bean succeeds, but compared with most comedies, this one is a keeper.