Disneynature | Release Date: April 18, 2014
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 30 Ratings
WATCH NOW
alaney2kMay 13, 2014
This movie is mostly for bear lovers. The photography is outstanding. The bears and landscape are lovely. A refreshing change from story-driven films, it just follows them around and seems to let whatever would happen, happen. It keepsThis movie is mostly for bear lovers. The photography is outstanding. The bears and landscape are lovely. A refreshing change from story-driven films, it just follows them around and seems to let whatever would happen, happen. It keeps teasing you that bad things are happening or about to happen, and it makes you wonder if the crew intervened to prevent animal killings from happening. The narration is mostly ok, but gets silly. Expand
KorkyMay 5, 2014
Good movie. Very funny and cute movie. This movie will teach you some things about bears, my favorite animal. Bears like to eat much good food and lay around all day. A bear's life is the life for me.
TheCoolGuy99Apr 18, 2014
Bears in reality are vicious and tough, but in Disneynature's brand new documentary film, Bears, they still can have a sense of warmth, love, and parenthood. Furthermore, also attracts audiences by their sweetness, cuteness, and charm.
zombiepenguinApr 26, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie was alright, but there were too many bears................................................................................................. Expand
KDullworthMay 6, 2014
Bears are godless killing machines plain and simple. They are the greatest threat to american freedom and prosperity. They lie cheat kill and steal whatever they please. But no the lame stream media says that bears are only agressive if theyBears are godless killing machines plain and simple. They are the greatest threat to american freedom and prosperity. They lie cheat kill and steal whatever they please. But no the lame stream media says that bears are only agressive if they feel "threatened" or "are protecting their safety" This is a load of crap. If you feel so threatened maybe you should have five in claws and stand eight feet tall. Oh wait bears already do. This film also proclaims that the bear cubs are harmless creatures being protected and cared for by their mothers. Well sir I say that when that bear grows up and flips your camper van over and steals all of your food you will get no sympathy from me.
This film lies.
LeZeeJun 23, 2015
A mom and her three cubs' life journey.

A mom and her three cubs' life journey.

One of the latest Disneynature's documentary ventures. There's nothing wrong to call it a grizzly version of 'To the Arctic'. Because both films are about the mother bears and their new born cubs' first year of survival in the wilderness, but the differences are the fur and habitat. Shot in Alaskan coast side, the film crew followed the bear family for one circle of a year's season to capture the beginning of the life journey of newborn cubs with their mother.

Like the Disney films famous for fairy tales and children friendly, Disneynature films as well not too far behind. Their films are not like we watch on Animal planet and Nationa Geography, the uncut and harsh version of animals' survival in the jungle. But a cute and enjoyable little epic tale. This film was narrated by our own jolly fellow John C. Reilly. Some of his lines were too good for kids and family, I mean comical. Like other Disneynature films is a must see for children. Hope along with kids, the adult would have a nice time.

WhySoSerious54May 16, 2014
Very well shot interesting movie with everything you need to know about Bears. I for one am not the animal lover but this really got me thinking. On a very bad note John c Riely doing the narrating was a very bad choice. If your 12 and under,Very well shot interesting movie with everything you need to know about Bears. I for one am not the animal lover but this really got me thinking. On a very bad note John c Riely doing the narrating was a very bad choice. If your 12 and under, the wise cracking nonsense that John C spits out is amusing otherwise its cringe worthy most of the time. Overall the drama was good, the scenes were amazing, and the Bears were fun to watch. Expand
Timurbek324Apr 19, 2014
Bears are just so... grrr! But this movie has the most delicious narrator ever. And this make Bears look more grrr! So this was just mmmmmmmmm I love it
WJSDec 27, 2014
Beautifully shot and amusingly narrated by John C. Riley, it does come off as slightly patronizing at times, but that's probably due to its target audience. It sort of plays out like a fancy special from Animal Planet or The Discovery Channel.
Movi3R3vi3werNov 27, 2014
To my surprise, a very entertaining and heart warming story about a family of bears. The three bears show more character and emotion than Bella does in the entire Twilight Saga!