8.6

1. Jul 20, 2014
    Beautiful Girls is an excellent comedy drama with a popular cast. Uma Thurman, Matt Dillon, Natalie
    Portman and Mira Sorvino are just some of the actors in the movie. The movie is a wonderful movie to
    watch with your significant other, friends or family.
  2. Jed
    Mar 20, 2006
    This is a good movie about real people. It's not action packed, it's not incredibly insightful... it's a character study of average people who may relate to people you know.
  3. MarcD.
    Feb 16, 2005
    This is another one of those movies that I feel compelled to watch whenever it's on cable. It features Noah Emmerich's best performance in any movie, in my opinion, and Natalie Portman's interaction with Timothy Hutton is a lot of fun. Go ahead and check it out.
  4. Mike
    Oct 18, 2006
    Portman, Plimpton and O'Donnell make the film. The only one of Portman's films I've seen that measures up to The Professional.
  5. Jan 16, 2015
    OK so I cannot issue a full review as I stopped watching at 59 minutes in, had seen enough to realize my life did not need to waste a further 50 minutes watching this dated flick.

Would I recommend, maybe in 1996,..then again most likely not ever.

Tender, touching and downright delightful.
    With beauty and talent to spare, Portman is something to behold: It's as if Elizabeth Taylor and Jodie Foster were somehow genetically melded at an early age. She's definitely a beautiful girl to watch for.
    The movie was directed by Ted Demme, with a light touch that allows the humor to survive in spite of the gloomy thoughts and the bleak, dark, frozen winter landscape.