5.3

1. GlynnH
    Jul 8, 2005
    I thought this was a great movie. I found it to be very touching as well as very funny. It had me in tears from laughter and from the emotion. Minnie Driver won me over with this movie. I rewatch it at least once a month and my love for it never waivers. It is, if you will forgive me, a "Beautiful" movie.
  2. KylieA.
    Jul 30, 2002
    I thought it had great music, and a funny plot. The rest of you who panned it are middle aged single people with no lives.
  3. MarceloC.
    Feb 18, 2005
    I really liked this movie. You need to be a beauty pageant expert to understand the story. There are many women in the world who would actually do those things and more to become beauty queens. I personally love this movie.
  4. MichelleB.
    Apr 14, 2003
    I love this movie ,all these people who don't like it don't understand it shes a round character and she changed people change over small events whether you believe it or not(im commenting on one person who said that she changed quickly)

Sally Field's direction is pedestrian, though she does manage to get winning performances out of Driver and Eisenberg.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Burdened with so many poky scenes that it approaches the level of the distributor's "Drowning Mona" and "Whipped," both candidates for the year's worst.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Horton
    Beautiful is a mess, but not without interest.