5.3

1. Feb 22, 2011
    Good Movie for the kids. It was a funny movie with lots of good moral points. It is a great movie to add to the kid's collection. There are time's that it drag's out,but there are fun fact's in the story for some good information.
  2. Oct 9, 2011
    "Bee Movie" is a decent animated movie at its best; the story's bland and generally fragile in structure, the animation isn't the best one, and the voice acting sucks. Recommended for 5 year old kids.
  3. Nov 3, 2012
    Interesante por el tema, por el protagonista, por la lucha de clases, por la amistad o amor entre desiguales, etc.... Pero olvidable, y lejos de aventuras como Hormigas o Bichos.
  4. Feb 6, 2014
    This is really hard for me to say because I really enjoyed this movie as a kid and thought it was hilarious but this movie is obnoxious. The film has some good ideas, occasional clever jokes, and nice animation/score. However, the film is bogged down by trying way too hard to funny resulting in a lot of bad puns and comes across a bit more obnoxious than funny. I’d say if you have kids show it to them they’ll mindlessly enjoy it. For everyone else though check it out if you want but I’m not going to highly recommend this film. It has some funny moments but not enough to make this a great comedy like Shrek 1 & 2. Shame that a studio that has made great movies could make something that ranges from mediocre to decent. Expand
  5. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can see the message that they're trying to tell in the movie, but the execution was completely horrible. Yes, I chuckled at Larry King's bee version, but Bee Jesus, ugh... Expand
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    Barry B. Benson, a bee who becomes disappointed just because he'll only get one job for his entire life, joins a team responsible to bring honey from the pollen of the flowers to visit the human world outside the hive. Once there, he meets a human florist named Vanessa by breaking the most important bee law after being saved. They become friends as Barry discovers that the humans have stolen all of the bees' honey from the hive to sell it and decides to sue the human race along with the disastrous consequences of nature.

I caught a screening of this in late December of 2007 the same year it came out and really enjoyed it. A few years later, I found it to be quite a guilty pleasure. I'll talk about the bad things.

The storyline wasn't interesting and was too predictable, (like Shark Tale) it had overused clichés from other CGI movies, it lacked a sense of adventure and the storytelling was weak. Now for the good things.

The acting wasn't half bad, the characters were very likable, the CGI animation and art design was very pretty to look at, the jokes in the second half wasn't funny, but the ones in the first half was way better than the ones in Shark Tale, and the music score was decent compared to Hans Zimmer.

Overall, Bee Movie isn't good or bad either. It's mediocre at best, but at least Dreamworks Animation tried and it's worth a watch on DVD. Try again, you guys.

7. Jan 6, 2011
    A hilarious movie. It delivers many great laughs. 'A mosquito is a lawyer?' 'I'm already a blood sucking parasite, all I needed was a briefcase'. The story is certainly orginal for a dreamworks kids movie but some of the more serious lines are poorly written. Too many 'THEY'RE DOING WHAT?' lines. Animation wise a very bright and colourful movie with not as much detail as other films which in this case is a good thing. In short, definetly worth a watch. I think Matthew does often get cast as shouty muscular characters too often.... Expand
  8. May 24, 2012
    It's an average movie which had funny moments, an amateurish plot, descent graphics and terrible voice acting........
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    The movie very much has an excess of Jerry Seinfeld's,somewhat, annoying humor, but other than that it's visually striking, funny and sends an important message to kids or just people in general. 3/4 stars.
  10. May 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story takes a clever turn here. A bee sues the human race for stealing their honey. Thats the best way to summarize the story. It takes an exciting turn of events. Expand
  11. Dec 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was bad. The story was horrible. A bee sues humans for stealing their honey, humans understand bees, there are huge factories inside hives and humans don't think they're crazy when they're talking to a bee. This might go for a 5 year old, but I don't recommend this for anyone else. Actually this movie is bad for kids as they start talking to bees and believes there's factories in hives. Just pass this movie. Don't let your kids watch Dreamworks **** They're uncreative. Expand
  12. May 26, 2012
    Bee movie isn't too good, but it isn't too bad, it's kind of okay. Its got a few funny jokes that make you laugh, but it has terrible unfunny jokes that make you not laugh at all. It has a kind of okay plot and good voice acting, but it has bad, cheesy moments with awful music. Meh.
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    What can I say? This was THE WORST movie I saw as a kid. It was just plain boring and stupid with annoying characters. It doesn't fit with all of the other animated films like Monsters, inc and Finding Nemo that were perfect for kids.
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    "Bee Movie" is just average like most animated films, and doesn't provide much to tell. The voice acting is so-so and the plot is so-so as well, but for kids, it would probably considered decent.
  15. Jul 24, 2014
    A movie with an attempted philosophical statement on individualism that ultimately is too silly and makes fun at itself for being the silly. 'Bee Movie' is a bland story that in the second half, becomes stupid and hard to watch. Half the characters are unlikable and boring. It has some moments, I'll admit, but they are too few to overlook the several painfully unfunny scenes that otherwise should have been hilarious. Expand
  16. Sep 24, 2013
    Barry Bee isn't a very likable protagonist, yet Seinfeld acts like he's a hero. That might pay off in some cases, however it doesn't do anything but damage the movie here.
  17. Nov 13, 2013
    Bee Movie is quite literally a B-movie.
    Really a likeable main character, very little story with just a few moral points, and very few laughs. It is far from awful but really not great by any stretch.
  18. Oct 29, 2014
    A screwed up CGI animated movie where a woman leaves her husband for a bee. When you look past that though, this is an amazing movie .
  19. Oct 13, 2014
    Meh, not anything special really, just average. Lacks the humor that the other DreamWorks films have and kinda' falls flat, I don't think it's god awful but it's definitely pretty close to the worst.

1. Unfortunately, bees just aren't that funny...Nor is the odd story Seinfeld and his collaborators dreamed up very inspired.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Amiable but no more, Bee Movie puts a hiveful of potent talent at the service of a zig-zigging, back-of-an-envelope story that's short on surprise and originality.
  3. Agreeably skewed fun.