7.6

1. Eileen
    Aug 29, 2002
    It sucked It's the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. You people who give it tens are insaine because it SUCKED ASS.
  2. DerekW.
    Jul 6, 2002
    Unlike spinal tap, I couldn't connect with any of these characters. While they're all odd, I never really cared about them; and just found their ongoing disfunctional interactions painful to watch. Got this movie from the library, and based on the creases in the tape, it doesn't look like anyone made it to the end. (Myself included.)
  3. ChapinS.
    Jul 6, 2001
    Why does everyone think this movie is so funny? The jokes are cliche and the script is the same as "Waiting for Gufman" except the scene is different. I had a couple of chuckles but no belly laughs. Another film pointing to the sad state of American cinema today.
  4. CCH.
    Jul 2, 2001
    Very few funny moments. Big disappointment. With all the critical acclaim, I expected a halfway decent movie. Instead, I got 90 minutes of BO-RING. The characters are not funny - just pathetic losers. I actually began to feel sorry for the dogs, whose only purpose is to win shows and make money for their owners.
  5. GilC.
    Jun 23, 2001
    Apparently I saw a completely different film than the rest of the world. No laughs, no surprises, nothing new to anybody who ever saw any "sctv" or any bad improv show. The actors did schtick and characatures more than portraying real people, and there was no reason to care about any of them. Catherine O'hara, Eugene Levy, Chris Guest, I had seen all of that stuff before on other tv Apparently I saw a completely different film than the rest of the world. No laughs, no surprises, nothing new to anybody who ever saw any "sctv" or any bad improv show. The actors did schtick and characatures more than portraying real people, and there was no reason to care about any of them. Catherine O'hara, Eugene Levy, Chris Guest, I had seen all of that stuff before on other tv shows they did. I didn't laugh once and in fact I walked out (of the room) before the video finished. Expand

Just isn't as fresh, focused or uniformly funny as "Waiting for Guffman."
  2. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Kevin Maynard
    It's got enough hilarious moments that, all in all, the film's bite is as toothsome as its bark.
  3. When it's funny, Best is hilarious.