5.5

1. RayE.
    Aug 31, 2005
    It's cute and funny. I enjoyed it very much. Don't know why others think it's lousy... Hope there's Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. May 14, 2011
    Though certain parts of this film were a little over the top, it's the charm and revival of a largely popular sitcom that keeps the film entertaining, with some aide from the cast.
  3. Carlos
    Jun 26, 2005
    Light, Funny, Sweet.
  4. VictorB
    Jul 10, 2005
    Ok I didn't see this movie for a while mainly because of what I saw here about it. YOU GUYS ARE DEAD WRONG! This movie is cute and funny just go with it. Nicole Kidman is awsome, and I usually don't like her. Will Ferrell is Ok, but come on guys just enjoy the film for what it is and have a good time.
  5. VetaN.
    Jul 21, 2005
    This movie is at least as funny as The Wedding Crashers. I'm not a fan of Nicole Kidman but she was terrific in this movie --- as was Will Ferrell. The part where he was under a spell and was acting over-the-top in love with Kidman were hilariously funny. I laughed 'til I cried. It's a fluffy, unrealistic movie but if you like romantic comedies you shouldn't have a This movie is at least as funny as The Wedding Crashers. I'm not a fan of Nicole Kidman but she was terrific in this movie --- as was Will Ferrell. The part where he was under a spell and was acting over-the-top in love with Kidman were hilariously funny. I laughed 'til I cried. It's a fluffy, unrealistic movie but if you like romantic comedies you shouldn't have a problem with that. Expand
  6. Julie-AnneR.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Great Movie! its so good to something so light hearted and magical. i loved it.
  7. PaulF.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Ok people lets not polarize. To anyone who gave this movie a 0 to 3 or a ten you are flip sides of the dysfunctional same coin. Granted this movie will not win any oscars but it was good solid entertainment. Not only was I not bored at any point in the movie, not only did I smile about 90 percent of the time, but there were a handful of laugh out loud moments, one of which went on for Ok people lets not polarize. To anyone who gave this movie a 0 to 3 or a ten you are flip sides of the dysfunctional same coin. Granted this movie will not win any oscars but it was good solid entertainment. Not only was I not bored at any point in the movie, not only did I smile about 90 percent of the time, but there were a handful of laugh out loud moments, one of which went on for over a minute. If it is only for Farrell's scene where he is trying to talk about his dog at the dinner table, it's worth seeing, absolutely hysterical. Kidman was the best of the acting, a little slow at first but by the end I was convinced. One thing I hope to see in future reviews of amatuers as well as the professional reviewers is a sense of fairness and a lack of child like acting out. We have all been spoiled by the movie industry. In my opinion the movie industry has achieved a measure of actualization. The industry is relatively young and as it matures it is perfecting its art. So please throw of the shakles of entitlement and be grateful for what people for millenium never had the wonder of seeing. Life is too short to be a naysayer. Why let yourself but sour about experiences you could just as easily enjoy with the correct lense . I for one am greatful for the movies which often are truly like magic. Expand
  8. BokèP.
    Give Kidman the Oscar!
  9. DWhiteW
    Jun 23, 2005
    Kidman and remakes do work.
  10. StevenF.
    Jun 26, 2005
    Luckily I didn't read the reviews before my wife and I went to see the movie. I probably only watched the original tv show a couple of times, so I wasn't intimately familiar with it. I call this one a "smiler," because I was smiling all the way through, and had a few good laughs. Then I read the critic's reviews. Wow! I was perplexed at the quantity of negative ones. Then, Luckily I didn't read the reviews before my wife and I went to see the movie. I probably only watched the original tv show a couple of times, so I wasn't intimately familiar with it. I call this one a "smiler," because I was smiling all the way through, and had a few good laughs. Then I read the critic's reviews. Wow! I was perplexed at the quantity of negative ones. Then, I'm sure most critics are frustrated directors anyway, so they have to have something to pick apart. It was a great date movie, and yes, the word "chemistry" doesn't apply here to Ferrel and Kidman, but so what? It was a charming, fun, summer comedy. I recommend it. Expand
  11. RobB.
    Jul 13, 2005
    I hadnt watched bewitched at all before i saw it so i wasnt sure what to expect but i enjoy both Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell, the movie creates the basic basis of your everyday relationship but adds that magical what if factor. Ferrell also throughs his touch of personal comedy into it as well.
  12. MikeyM
    Jul 2, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie. I was supposed to see War of the Worlds but it was sold out so my brother and I went to see this instead. We both really enjoyed it as did the whole audience. It was perfect but it was pretty entertaining.
  13. JoeyK.
    Dec 26, 2005
    It was amusing and entertaining. It had some funny parts, and the whole movie was cute. It was unexpectedly weird, though. Also, it's far from a remake. It's more a coincidental story about the TV series rather than a remake of it, which may surprise anyone who isn't expecting it, myself included. Not the best movie, but certainly a pleasure to watch.
  14. stanleyh.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Pretty good movie,better then most of the ones that have come out lately,surpriseingly a movie worth seeing ,not many of those lately,maybe they havent forgot to make a good movie out thier.
  15. Billr
    Jun 24, 2005
    Great chemistry between the leads.
  16. DustinW.
    Jun 24, 2005
    I just saw this movie with a big crowd, and i laughed my ass off the whole time, very entertaining. Good job Nicole and Will.
  17. UkiloS.
    Jun 24, 2005
    Kidman gives quite possibly the best performance of all time in Bewitched. RIght up there with Brando in The Godfather. INCREDIBLE FILM! Should be nominated at the Oscars.
  18. NickG.
    Jun 25, 2005
    Woa nelly! Stop the bus! What is with the negative rep? After reading all of the negative critic reviews here, I went to this film expecting very little, CERTAINLY not expecting the bewitched that I know and love. I went to this film taking everything it was prepared to throw at me, and I laughed, and I smiled, and I enjoyed it. I think the important part was that I didn't expect Woa nelly! Stop the bus! What is with the negative rep? After reading all of the negative critic reviews here, I went to this film expecting very little, CERTAINLY not expecting the bewitched that I know and love. I went to this film taking everything it was prepared to throw at me, and I laughed, and I smiled, and I enjoyed it. I think the important part was that I didn't expect bewitched. I expected very little, and I was pleasantly surprised. A very likeably main character, an ejoyable plot... you are rooting for her the whole way! Just go see it for what it is.. a fun film. Expand
  19. NeilP.
    Jun 27, 2005
    I truly enjoyed it. The music alone made it worth the money for me but I also got some good laughs out of it. Just seeing Paul Lynde again cracked me up!
  20. tonyp.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Great romantic comedy. Kept me smiling throughout.
  21. EmmaS.
    Jun 28, 2005
    I thought this film was great and just like sam in the old.
  22. MikeR.
    Jul 15, 2005
    This movie was never intended to be Citizen Cane, so I'm not sure why there have been such harsh reviews of it. It is a light summer film. I guess I'm getting to be old enough that I enjoy that once in a while. Kidman is above this, but does a great job interpreting the original role. Farrell does a low-key version of his usual schtick. The deft directing and even writing This movie was never intended to be Citizen Cane, so I'm not sure why there have been such harsh reviews of it. It is a light summer film. I guess I'm getting to be old enough that I enjoy that once in a while. Kidman is above this, but does a great job interpreting the original role. Farrell does a low-key version of his usual schtick. The deft directing and even writing support them in a relaxing summer fantasy. I expect that Bewitched, like any other Farrell movie, will be a minor hit on DVD and cable. Expand
  23. Sam
    Jul 16, 2005
    I loved this movie, not brain surgery but very light fun, Nicole has just proven she can do anything and Will is funny as usual....CRITICS NEED TO LOOSEN THE HELL UP....as well as some of you other people on here, have fun with it and not look for every single flaw in every single movie, damn.
  24. BillyJ.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Really good, parents don't even worry, this movie is SO safe for kids b/c there is bearly anything bad at all.
  25. AngiedM.
    Jun 24, 2005
    I watched with a full house of varied ages and ethnicities. There were 'laugh out loud' moments all thru the picture. I don't actually care for Will Ferrel (sp?), but I enjoyed his character very much, in fact, I was reminded of a young Chevy Chase. Nicole Kidman was completely different from other roles I've seen her in. Isabell was sweet, loveable and, yes I'm I watched with a full house of varied ages and ethnicities. There were 'laugh out loud' moments all thru the picture. I don't actually care for Will Ferrel (sp?), but I enjoyed his character very much, in fact, I was reminded of a young Chevy Chase. Nicole Kidman was completely different from other roles I've seen her in. Isabell was sweet, loveable and, yes I'm going to say it, bewitching. Loved it. Can't wait to buy the DVD. Expand
  26. HollywoodJedi
    Jun 25, 2005
    Great date movie! It's witty, cute, and fun. It's not just a chick flick. Men will enjoy this one as well.
  27. PrudenceK.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Yeah, Kidman deserves the Oscar... enough said.
  28. SusanM
    Nov 22, 2005
    Charming and silly. No it probably won't win any awards, but that's not what it's all about. I thought it was sweet, and Nicole Kidman did a fabulous job, she's a great actress. Will Ferrell is very good also.
  29. Sep 1, 2012
    It was nothing to think critically about. There wasn't even much of a story to it, but all those huge actors managed to make it fun and have an old Hollywood atmosphere about it. Just pleasant to watch.

1. Puts a fun, frothy spin on the 1960s TV show before sinking back into the mundane.
    When Ephron gives Ferrell and Kidman a musical number that's supposed to be sweet and uplifting, the movie feels downright creepy.
  3. One thing Kidman is not is a clown. She thinks fizzy and dizzy and klutzy are funny. She is mistaken. To be a clown requires a kind of witchcraft.