5.7

1. Jun 12, 2011
    It's sad that Michael Douglas signed onto this movie. The dialogue is complete crap and the last line of the movie is stupid and laughable. Worst of all the movie builds up to nothing. It feels like it just stops. I get the feeling that the producers wanted to give it a manageable running time so they cut large chunks that might have helped the movie, but not likely based on the dialogue up to this point. The wist ending to the movie is also horribly obvious from well before the second act gets started. Don't waste your time on this piece of garbage Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2010
    I like it, because it kept me interested enough with a final not obvious at all. Perhaps you could spend some time enjoying it ;)

1. He squeezes a bit of suspenseful juice out of the old plot, and Douglas makes smarm a chewy pleasure, but this is a noir in search of a hero we can root for because we actually buy what he’s doing.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    The scam is so crazy, it just might work…for a throwaway episode of "Law & Order."
  3. Lang's film, the last he made in the U.S., exposed the immorality of the death penalty; Hyams's retread offers only more plot and longer, louder car chases.