After Dark Films | Release Date: September 11, 2009
5.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 15 Ratings
Watch Now
GypsyTravelsJan 2, 2010
We liked it. I didn't see the original, but this one kept our interest throughout the movie. I like movies without a lot of violence, sex, and vulgar language, yet a good story. This fit the bill.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
RonnieDec 5, 2010
I like it, because it kept me interested enough with a final not obvious at all. Perhaps you could spend some time enjoying it ;)
NikolayGJan 23, 2016
After I saw Michael Douglas in the movie, A Perfect Murder (which you can rent from Amazon.com as a download, but otherwise isn't available for download or streaming), which is a very good thriller, I wanted to see Michael Douglas in anyAfter I saw Michael Douglas in the movie, A Perfect Murder (which you can rent from Amazon.com as a download, but otherwise isn't available for download or streaming), which is a very good thriller, I wanted to see Michael Douglas in any other thriller I could.

So I rented Beyond A Reasonable Doubt, which is a solid if average thriller, except for two things. First, there's just not enough Michael Douglas. I don't know why movie studios think we don't want to continue to watch our beloved stars as they age. He's still Michael Douglas and he's still excellent. The second problem is, they throw in an absurd double backflip of a twist in the final scene that is so unbelievable you just have to pretend it never happened. There was a period from about 2005 until just a couple of years ago, when every thriller had to throw in a ridiculous extra super twist at the very end. They always ruined the story but thankfully these days they don't seem to be doing that anymore. Beyond A Reasonable Doubt fell right smack dab in the midst of that silly trend.

Basically, the plot (without giving away more than a trailer would) is about a journalist who has a hunch that a successful prosecutor is planting DNA evidence in every case he tries, to win a conviction, and the journalist sets out to prove it. Michael Douglas is the evil DA. It's a fair rental, but if you haven't seen A Perfect Murder yet, rent that first. It's a lot better.
smiyamotJun 11, 2016
A good movie about a journalist exposing a corrupt DA. But how can he expose the DA? He frames himself for murder to show how the DA would manufacture fake evidence. Seems like a dumb idea and the movie makes it even dumber, but it makesA good movie about a journalist exposing a corrupt DA. But how can he expose the DA? He frames himself for murder to show how the DA would manufacture fake evidence. Seems like a dumb idea and the movie makes it even dumber, but it makes for an interesting story with a twist at the end. Expand
K.R.B.Jan 8, 2010
We rented this from Shaw's Video on Demand for $5.99 because the wife likes Michael Douglas. We should have just waited for it to come out on the Woman's Television Network.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
moviegrabbagJun 12, 2011
It's sad that Michael Douglas signed onto this movie. The dialogue is complete crap and the last line of the movie is stupid and laughable. Worst of all the movie builds up to nothing. It feels like it just stops. I get the feeling that theIt's sad that Michael Douglas signed onto this movie. The dialogue is complete crap and the last line of the movie is stupid and laughable. Worst of all the movie builds up to nothing. It feels like it just stops. I get the feeling that the producers wanted to give it a manageable running time so they cut large chunks that might have helped the movie, but not likely based on the dialogue up to this point. The wist ending to the movie is also horribly obvious from well before the second act gets started. Don't waste your time on this piece of garbage Expand