tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Jul 6, 2014
    I see the colonial reviewers (US and Brits) didn't enjoy it... Ah well.... No one ever gives the credit they crave for 'winning the war'. You can't be the ones who achieved everything..... and pound for pound kiwis will always whip you mercilessly, so no biggie, but still, reviewing with bitterness and jealousy is not really on. LOLZ... Just get over it? English Empire magazine (yeah, I amI see the colonial reviewers (US and Brits) didn't enjoy it... Ah well.... No one ever gives the credit they crave for 'winning the war'. You can't be the ones who achieved everything..... and pound for pound kiwis will always whip you mercilessly, so no biggie, but still, reviewing with bitterness and jealousy is not really on. LOLZ... Just get over it? English Empire magazine (yeah, I am calling you out) thinks it is a two-star film? What next England? You going to enter the Olympics with three other countries and call your self Great Britain next? Oh.. you do already? Sorry... wow, that's lame. Rate the film on its merit. It is at least good... 40 out of 100? Spare me... you lost the race to the top.. get over it. Be better losers... and maybe stop over-celebrating your many 'successes' when they are so often population-based. I'd hate to see someone call you out... *-) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Jul 5, 2014
    Considering the danger, spectacular setting and sheer derring-do of its subject matter, this is pretty leaden stuff. Disappointing.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Rose
    Jul 5, 2014
    It's a testament to the film-making that, despite the fact that we know the outcome, there's a great sense of relief when they finally reach the summit.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Lowry
    Jul 5, 2014
    It may not have the jeopardy of Touching The Void, but when Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary finally reach the summit, we’re treated to an early candidate for one of 2014’s most transcendent film moments. This is genuinely inspirational stuff, and then some.