Columbia Pictures | Release Date: June 25, 1999
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 150 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DesmondL.Aug 5, 2009
Adam Sandler teach the kid to peep in the park!! So, Don't teach your children do that!!
1 of 1 users found this helpful
SandlerRocksAug 9, 2008
This movie rocks!! Screw all your crap about cinematography, it's a funny comedy, which manages to transform itself into a very well done sad movie at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as a movie is supposed to be, I couldn't care This movie rocks!! Screw all your crap about cinematography, it's a funny comedy, which manages to transform itself into a very well done sad movie at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as a movie is supposed to be, I couldn't care less if someone didn't find it good brcause they knitpicked at everything. The movie is incredibly entertaining as long as you allow it to be. Expand
MarkJun 12, 2010
Sandler did a great job making this comedy. The Sprouse twins are exceptionally talented. The only flaws are too much foul language and Sonny should have gotten to adopt the little boy.
KentC.Jan 13, 2008
Sandler's second funniest movie he's ever done. A little touching, but very funny. Extremely quotable. If you want to see a film that will make you laugh, watch this movie.
billrullerApr 22, 2012
I don't understand why this was critically disliked, even Rotton Tomatoes gave it a poor grade of (2 / 5). This is my first Adam Sandler movie I saw when I was a kid, I loved watching every minute of it. Without this movie, I wouldn't be ableI don't understand why this was critically disliked, even Rotton Tomatoes gave it a poor grade of (2 / 5). This is my first Adam Sandler movie I saw when I was a kid, I loved watching every minute of it. Without this movie, I wouldn't be able to see Anger Management, Mr. Deeds, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and moony other funny Adam movies. I can understand that this wasn't that much of his "Best" movies, but it's definitely not bad. It's great to see a low-life who doesn't know how to take care of a kid, and soon he see's the enjoyment of being a dad. I love the hilarious scenes like with the gay guys and the moment at McDonalds. Rob Schneider and Steve Buscemi were hilarious too, their best friends with Adam and always appear in his movies. I'm gonna use the same quote that lil Julian said in court, but in a different subject. "Big Daddy is one of the most funniest comedic movies, and it only caught a bad rap because most critics are cynical a**holes." Expand
TheQuietGamerMay 22, 2012
Like a lot of Adam Sandler's best movies it's funny but manages to be sweet also, but this time it's also a lot more touching then his other works. So if your looking for a comedy with a sweet side look no further.
lgnburrisDec 11, 2011
I think a great deal of my fondness for this movie stems from nostalgia but still I think it is a sweet movie in it's own way. Now in 2011 it is so hard to remember what it was like when Adam Sandler made movies that were actually half decent.
csw12Sep 1, 2012
This was pretty much Adam Sandler at his best. Funny and sweet. Even though it is pretty stupid at times. the ending is flat out hilarious. Adam Sandler's best film.
Trev29Aug 5, 2013
This was pretty much Adam Sandler at his best. Funny and sweet. Even though it is pretty raunchy at times, it seemed like a good family movie. Sit back and relax, and you will laugh throughout.
oblique15Jun 9, 2013
My favorite Adam Sandler movie. It`s funny but I think it`s more than just a comedy movie. You don`t have to like Adam Sandler to watch this one. It has so many interesting characters.
ReviewGuyXOct 7, 2013
Clearly Julian McGrath was right;

"Most critics are cynical **** Good job at proving his point correctly, critics. To the point now: Big Daddy is a charming, comedic movie. This has to be one of Adam Sandler's more proper movies as
Clearly Julian McGrath was right;

"Most critics are cynical ****

Good job at proving his point correctly, critics.
To the point now: Big Daddy is a charming, comedic movie. This has to be one of Adam Sandler's more proper movies as opposed to the terrible Grown Ups series and the mind-numbing Bedtime Stories. For a start, Big Daddy is funny. It also has an actual story unlike the Sandler is dishing out nowadays...

This is definitely a movie I would come back and watch again and again.
lukechristianscApr 6, 2014
Adam Sandler in dad movies . he's always a bad dad its funny though . i enjoyed this movie and it just was funny . Grade A .................................................................
Meth-dudeAug 20, 2014
One of the best Adam Sandler's performances by far.The movie is funny,heart-touching and is full of good actors.The characters are really funny.If you want to see one Adam Sandler's movie i don't know which one is the best This one or Happy Gilmore.
harisongrossJun 25, 2015
Man, it is insane the way a comedic actor of Sandler's caliber can be so wrongfully tossed aside the way he is by most critics, and maybe classic film-watchers I guess. This man is a comedic genius and multi-talented. He incorporates singingMan, it is insane the way a comedic actor of Sandler's caliber can be so wrongfully tossed aside the way he is by most critics, and maybe classic film-watchers I guess. This man is a comedic genius and multi-talented. He incorporates singing and song-writing, every single kind of joke you could ever come up with and an awesome support cast in everything he's done, oh yea which by the way he has pretty much built from the ground up. It's sad to see him so discredited on sites like this. [Rant over] Expand