7.9

1. Sep 10, 2014
    Sandler is amusing in this movie and the kid who plays the son of his friend is pretty funny too.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    One of Sandler's funniest movies and it has a heartwarming story as well.
    ****************************************************************************
  3. Aug 20, 2014
    One of the best Adam Sandler's performances by far.The movie is funny,heart-touching and is full of good actors.The characters are really funny.If you want to see one Adam Sandler's movie i don't know which one is the best This one or Happy Gilmore.
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    Most of the time the plot is predictable: it's all about a man adopting a kid in a desperate hope to win her ex-girl . Nothing is really new, surprising and interesting because i have seen lots of movies with similar storytelling before. The argument scene at court between Sonny and his father is heart-touching though, taking quite lots of tears from people ( of course not including me ) and portrayal of Steve Buscemi as a homeless guy which i find pretty laughable and enjoyably funny. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    Adam Sandler in dad movies . he's always a bad dad its funny though . i enjoyed this movie and it just was funny . Grade A .................................................................
  6. Mar 1, 2014
    For those who think watching a kid pee in a park is funny, this is the film for you. However if you're not already an Adam Sandler fan, you'll find it mildly amusing at best.
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    Clearly Julian McGrath was right; "Most critics are cynical **** Good job at proving his point correctly, critics. To the point now: Big Daddy is a charming, comedic movie. This has to be one of Adam Sandler's more proper movies as opposed to the terrible Grown Ups series and the mind-numbing Bedtime Stories. For a start, Big Daddy is funny. It also has an actual story unlike the Sandler is dishing out nowadays...

This is definitely a movie I would come back and watch again and again.
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    This was pretty much Adam Sandler at his best. Funny and sweet. Even though it is pretty raunchy at times, it seemed like a good family movie. Sit back and relax, and you will laugh throughout.
  9. Jun 9, 2013
    My favorite Adam Sandler movie. It`s funny but I think it`s more than just a comedy movie. You don`t have to like Adam Sandler to watch this one. It has so many interesting characters.
  10. Nov 7, 2012
    The jokes are a given. The movie is flat. It plays like an episode of Friends.
  11. Sep 1, 2012
    This was pretty much Adam Sandler at his best. Funny and sweet. Even though it is pretty stupid at times. the ending is flat out hilarious. Adam Sandler's best film.
  12. May 22, 2012
    Like a lot of Adam Sandler's best movies it's funny but manages to be sweet also, but this time it's also a lot more touching then his other works. So if your looking for a comedy with a sweet side look no further.
  13. Apr 22, 2012
    I don't understand why this was critically disliked, even Rotton Tomatoes gave it a poor grade of (2 / 5). This is my first Adam Sandler movie I saw when I was a kid, I loved watching every minute of it. Without this movie, I wouldn't be able to see Anger Management, Mr. Deeds, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and moony other funny Adam movies. I can understand that this wasn't that much of his "Best" movies, but it's definitely not bad. It's great to see a low-life who doesn't know how to take care of a kid, and soon he see's the enjoyment of being a dad. I love the hilarious scenes like with the gay guys and the moment at McDonalds. Rob Schneider and Steve Buscemi were hilarious too, their best friends with Adam and always appear in his movies. I'm gonna use the same quote that lil Julian said in court, but in a different subject. "Big Daddy is one of the most funniest comedic movies, and it only caught a bad rap because most critics are cynical a**holes." Expand
  14. Jan 22, 2012
    It was funny. Definently worth the watch and definently one of Sandler's best films. It does get a little bit generic and sappy about half way into it but its still worth the watch.
  15. Dec 11, 2011
    I think a great deal of my fondness for this movie stems from nostalgia but still I think it is a sweet movie in it's own way. Now in 2011 it is so hard to remember what it was like when Adam Sandler made movies that were actually half decent.

Sander has turned mediocrity into the triumph of the smug.
  2. Nasty to women, cruel to old people and tosses in a cardboard gay couple for gratuitous laughs. It's also got one of those annoying soundtracks that lays rock music right over the dialogue -- as if it wanted to distract us from it.
  3. Though the cast is talented, the script is a mess. It's essentially a collision of missed opportunities.