5.8

1. MichaelC.
    Feb 3, 2001
    I never laughed. Once. Amatuerish and extremely pointless, Big Momma's House is an extreme waste of time.
  2. MariaW.
    Jul 13, 2001
    This was by far the worst comedy I have ever seen. Shame on Martin Lawrence!! This was written by someone who does not know the meaning of "comedy." As for the make-up, it was probably the only thing that was done "okay" for this movie. For anybody who made this their first Martin Lawrence movie, I feel sorry for him. Give Martin another chance by watching another one of his movies and This was by far the worst comedy I have ever seen. Shame on Martin Lawrence!! This was written by someone who does not know the meaning of "comedy." As for the make-up, it was probably the only thing that was done "okay" for this movie. For anybody who made this their first Martin Lawrence movie, I feel sorry for him. Give Martin another chance by watching another one of his movies and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  3. ColeL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    A very bad movie with bad jokes. But it had wit and cleverness.
  4. NedD.
    Sep 14, 2001
    Lawrence wants us to believe that old black women are just damned funny, whether or not you want to believe it. And if you don't, he'll just have the old black woman have diarrhea too. It's funnier now, isn't it? No?

1. When all's said and done, it turns out to be quite sweet-natured. OK. I laughed. So sue me.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The sight and sound of Lawrence in fat-lady drag remains engaging throughout; script may often let him down, forcing him to keep things afloat almost single-handedly.
    Any movie that employs an oven mitt and a plumber's friend in a childbirth scene cannot be all bad, and I laughed a lot.