8.7

1. Oct 6, 2014
    Since the very beginnings of film, "buddy" comedies have always been very popular. From Laurel & Hardy and Abbott & Costello to Cheech & Chong and Harold & Kumar, audiences love to see what kind of trouble these guys can get into. After 25 years and with talks of a second sequel on the way, I finally decided to see what Bill & Ted were all about. I was always scared off by the PG rating, I mean George Carlin in a PG rated film, come on! The first part of the film was pretty much what I expected it to be, as the two failing history dudes, fly around the world looking for historical figures. Things turn from ordinary to extraordinary when the group finally returns to 1989 and decide to go the mall of all places. This is where the film really finds itself and becomes more than just your typical buddy story. The interactions with people and the reactions on both sides are absolutely priceless and is what changed my opinion of this film. Keanu Reeves stars in one of his earliest roles, and manages to show that at some point in his life, he did have a personality and could tell a joke. His partner Alex Winter didn't really do much before or since, and while he wasn't great, he did have chemistry with Reeves, which always helps a movie progress. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure wasn't so excellent, but it was different and manages to hold your attention. I still think this film would have been much better if it were R rated and a lot more edgy, but for what it was, it wasn't bad at all. Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    Excellent! Nothing can describe it better. A solid 80's classic that really is excellent. It's not the best movie obviously but it's perfect in what it does, and is not for the critical or humorless.
  3. Aug 11, 2013
    It's just a really good movie. Plot-wise it was nothing special, but rarely is a movie so enjoyable. It's a stupid movie, but I can't help to love it. Very funny and an overall good time.
  4. Apr 23, 2013
    Good movie, love the Doctor Who reference. The cast is not an overload of special people, it's just two best friends who travel in time to find famous figures in history for a history report. I mean, what do you expect from an 80s movie like this? Most of these movies from the 80s and 90s are underrated because people judge them fom their standpoint today, not like how it would've been back then. when we listen to old Jazz, do we ever criticize it like it just started this year, no. And we shouldn't judge these movies like that either. I think like I was in the 80s at that point, and that's why I think it's a really good movie. 8/10 Expand
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    All my smarticles disappeared after watching this movie. It's so strange, yet there's something about it that makes it charming, funny, and just a great comedy. It's also mind-numbingly dumb, but what else can you expect from an '80s movie about two surfer-dude high school students traveling through time to pick up famous figures in history for a report? Exactly.

1. Everything Reeves has done since always has the whiff of "Ted" about it. Party on, dudes.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Delightfull time-travel comedy.
  3. Meant to be funny, but it only swells the sinus passages. It is a painfully inept comedy.