7.6

1. Oct 17, 2014
    Some funny parts but mostly just overly stupid billy maidson is a low blow adam sandler comedy with not reccomended by me.............................
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Billy Madison is definitely not one of the best Adam Sandler's movie and the jokes are not all funny.Sandler's performance is not really good either but the movie was entertaining.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    One of my favorite Adam Sandler films I ever watched. If I tell my friends to watch a movie with Adam Sandler, Billy Madison is the movie to see in your entire life.
  4. chw
    Jul 19, 2014
    Wtf was this?! This was one of the most retarded movies I've ever seen! One funny line. That's it! This would've been a 0, but then I had to compare this to Getaway, which was much more horrible than this!!
  5. Mar 1, 2014
    Billy Madison has inspired moments of lunacy, but doesn't exactly live up to classics like Wayne's World or Austin Powers. There is one good thing though: This is nothing compared to what Sandler will make later in his career.
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    16?! Billy Masison, one of the top five funniest movies I ever saw in my life has a critic score of 16? That is just flat out wrong. This movie is legend! There are so many scenes that burn themselves into your memory and never leave; O'Doyal rules, the beetroot faced angry bus-driver ("That'd end your precious field trip real quick!"), a psychotic Steve Busemi, the brain-hemorrhaging clown, "Hey you want to feed that donkey some beer and get it all messed up?", "He called the s**t poop!"... The list could go on and on. Absolutely legend! Expand
  7. May 9, 2013
    Plays in favour of the underdog. Billy Madison is not to be underestimated and neither is Sandler as a typical penguin chasing dummy. The film is a warm and fuzzy flick featuring some of Adam's greatest moments and is certainly one of the best of his career. It proves that you can do anything if you put your mind to it.
  8. Apr 16, 2013
    It's an amusing 90's Comedy I'll give it that and probably one of Adam Sandler's more memorable roles but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. Very silly and borderline stupid, but for some reason there's enough nostalgia there and funny moments to make it passable. I've never been a huge fan of Sandler or his style of Comedy but out of all his films this one is probably one of the funniest, if not for the wrong reasons, but there's no denying his fan base loves whatever he does! Expand
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    Contains a few good moments, especially towards the end, but is overall fairly flat. I wished they would've developed their characters a bit more.
  10. Nov 4, 2012
    Adam Sandler is not known for outstanding cinematography, moving storylines or intelligently-written scripts. He's known for his hilarious movies. This is one of his finest.
  11. Sep 9, 2012
    one of my favs, so many good one liners. If your watching it for cinematic excellence you won't get it, look elsewhere. I saw this for the first time when I was 10 and I still quote it with my friends.
  12. Apr 1, 2012
    this movie was freaking hilarious i just saw it with my friend on netflix and it was so funny one of my favorites of all time comedies. it can be a little childish but it still was a great movie and suggest others see it to
  13. Dec 31, 2011
    Absolutely pitiful garbage. Terribly acted, and even more pitifully written. A total and worthless piece of garbage that one should ever torture their reasoning enough to see.
  14. Dec 20, 2011
    Adam Sandler gives a great performance in one of his best movies to date. While there is a big sense of immaturity, it may make you laugh throughout.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Not a not a normal comedy or movie, it's weirdly funny and unique, but it's extremely hilarious and succeeds because it doesn't take itself seriously, it knows it's unique and embraces the fact that it is, so I do recommend watching this, but don't expect the most normal movie out there.
  16. Sep 1, 2011
    Whooooaaaaaa!!!! A fully-compiled Metascore of 16?!?!?!?!?! That's ridiculous. That's not to say that BILLY MADISON is perfect, but this is a heck of a funny movie!
  17. Jun 15, 2011
    It's like everyone in this movie is funny except for Adam Sandler. Some parts made me laugh, others made me cringe. I didn't like the constant objectification of Ms. Vaughn either.
  18. Apr 29, 2011
    The movie wasn't witty but one crucial thing saved this movie, it's absolutely FANTASTIC humour. Every 5 minutes, I just couldn't help but laugh. Don't listen to the critics. All they want is some drama. WATCH THIS MOVIE!
  19. Nov 12, 2010
    Funny. But rubbish.
    If i wanted to see a grown man act like a stupid kid, i would watch a video on youtube.
    Anyone who says this movie is the best movie they have ever seen, has obviously not seen good movies.
  20. Oct 15, 2010
    This movie is a Sandler classic, and by the looks of the User Scores, most people would agree. Critics got this one wrong, because it's funny from start to finish. I'd gladly watch this and Happy Gilmore all the time.
  21. Oct 11, 2010
    A quite good movie with a dorky actor. It is a corny movie for the most crude. Many references to male body parts that are just plain gross and not funny. This movie is basically what you would expect from a movie with Adam Sandler as a dorky adult goof-off.
  22. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie basically spawned my dislike of Adam Sandler. It's interesting that he always chooses to play characters that the viewer is suppose to sympathize but have no reason to deserve our sympathy. Oh, and on top of that it isn't funny - it has scenes and lines that are meant to grab our attention, but that's about it.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 13 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Richard Schickel
    One of the most execrable movies ever made. [6 March 1995, p.100]
    Sandler mugs through a back-to-school daze. [13 February 1995, p.D1]
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    The film should have featured more absurd and nonsensical elements. Certainly the plot is ridiculous, and so completely illogical that to see it fall by the wayside in favor of some inspired lunacy would not have been a loss.