Bio-Dome

7.1

1. May 14, 2016
    That Metascore does not make sense whatsoever. There's a mixed review so shouldn't it be higher than 1? My calculator says it should be at 6, not 1. In any way, Bio-Dome has got to be one of the dumbest comedies I've ever seen that's featuring Pauly Shore.
  2. Dec 30, 2014
    if you watch this movie for any reason then you are truly dumber for having done so. watching it makes you wonder how Pauli Shaw ever had a career in comedy and how writers though this uninspired waste of a stoner comedy would make anyone laugh and if you were trying to get an environmental message across well you failed completely. the only good part of it is a cameo of Tenacious D makingif you watch this movie for any reason then you are truly dumber for having done so. watching it makes you wonder how Pauli Shaw ever had a career in comedy and how writers though this uninspired waste of a stoner comedy would make anyone laugh and if you were trying to get an environmental message across well you failed completely. the only good part of it is a cameo of Tenacious D making me realise i could be watching better movies Expand
  3. Mar 13, 2016
    Why is this movie well liked. Its like the good movies everyone hates, and the bad, everyone loves. This movie has bad humor, really boring, and seems like noone cares.
  4. Sep 24, 2012
    This movie is a complete and absolute disaster.....one of the worst movies of all time.....
  5. Jan 20, 2014
    This movie is painful, Pauly Shore, and Stephen Baldwin are obnoxious, and annoying, there are no funny jokes whatsoever, all the humor is seeing the main characters being obnoxious, and annoying.
  6. Jun 2, 2015
    I'm not going to be the first or the last to tell you how horrible this movie. This is humanity at its lowest. With that being said, I have come up with several uses for this film: 1. If you are dating someone show him or her this movie, if they enjoy it end the relationship; 2. If you need an April Fool's prank lock your friend in a room playing Bio-Dome (actually that is probably wayI'm not going to be the first or the last to tell you how horrible this movie. This is humanity at its lowest. With that being said, I have come up with several uses for this film: 1. If you are dating someone show him or her this movie, if they enjoy it end the relationship; 2. If you need an April Fool's prank lock your friend in a room playing Bio-Dome (actually that is probably way to cruel). Look, if the premise interests you I don't think that my review is going sway you to not watch it, but remember, you have been warned. I remember reading a positive review for Bio-Dome once and it was talking about how it is really poignant with social commentary. I'm sorry, but that had to be from a former producer. This movie is not like that at all in fact it only sends negative messages across. This film centers around two idiotic stoners who just watch TV all day, yet they have a nice house and beautiful girlfriends. Throughout the film these guys are the hero's, while the head intellectual scientist, who is only trying to do his job, turns into an insane "Heart of Darkness" esque villain. The other intellectual scientists become helpless as their years of education make them feeble to two guys who bite each others toenails. By the way they are the two who caused all the problems. When one is trying to create social commentary about the environment one should have the audience connect with what is happening. Instead we have a couple of idiots doing with the IQ of bread do all the environmental damage. Instead of having the viewer reflect his or her own actions he or she will probably think, "look its only stupid people who can hurt the environment" or "it's dumb stoners who cause all pollution" because those are the exact messages the filmmakers convey. Expand
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    this movie is a MONSTROSITY it make "Dude Where's My Car" look like a masterpiece! its not even funny. this movie is marketed toward potheads or people who don't know 1 thing about movies. DO NOT SEE THIS!!!
  8. Apr 20, 2013
    How could this movie be possibly bad? Mediocre acting, terrible jokes, and it's a lousy ripoff of the Bill and Ted series, which is kind of bad itself. People say you have to be stoned to enjoy this, but that's a lie. 0/10 (That means it sucks).
  9. Aug 15, 2016
    I honestly have no idea why this has such a high user score, unless there are a lot of stoners on here. There is no plot, the acting is abhorrent, and Shore's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Please, do yourself a favor and DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  10. Sep 9, 2014
    I was married to a beautiful woman, as soon as Pauly Shore came on the screen and made an annoying noise, she killed herself. This movie will destroy everything you love, Pauly Shore will destroy everything you love.
  11. May 7, 2012
    This is also a fail just like Twilight.
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    This is hands down the worst movie i've ever seen. It's not funny, the acting is horrible and she plot is just ridiculous. This movie made me question humanity.
  13. WilfordBrimley
    Jan 9, 2004
    Pauley Shore would only be funny as the star of a snuff film. I had to get another shipment of my "lifeline" just to not give up hope on humanity and end it. His mother must have a huge amount of juice in Hollywood just to keep him off the streets downing his 40 ouncers.
  14. AustinMac
    Apr 20, 2008
    Honestly, this might have been the worst excuse for a movie I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad movies. The story, the screenplay, the "humor" and the acting were all so low quality that I am convinced that if I, with four dollars, tried to make a one man version of this movie, it would score higher on metacritic. I suck at acting, too.
  15. KurtS
    May 5, 2005
    Apparently, ratings of 2+ are attempts to imitate the humor desperately searched-for in the movie.
  16. TheXenophobe
    Aug 30, 2005
    You can't help but feel sorry for Stephen Baldwin, as he has to act alongside the crime against humanity they call Paulie Shore.
  17. DavidG.
    Jun 3, 2006
    there are movies that are so bad that they are good, and this movie does not fit that category. A cartoon for 5 year olds with adult content.
  18. ZackH.
    Apr 11, 2010
    No no no no no no this is the worst movie everif you say it's good for a stoner comedy and that i have to lower my expectations your wrong and no better than those idiots who say transformers 2 was based on a toy commercial and i have to lower my expectations. I'm fourteen and this is some of the worst and most immature comedy ever. the voices all make me want to kill myself and No no no no no no this is the worst movie everif you say it's good for a stoner comedy and that i have to lower my expectations your wrong and no better than those idiots who say transformers 2 was based on a toy commercial and i have to lower my expectations. I'm fourteen and this is some of the worst and most immature comedy ever. the voices all make me want to kill myself and i end up taking the bad guys side. Expand
  19. NoahG.
    Jul 1, 2003
    Oh come on! Everyone who has any remnance of human-like taste should find this movie to be one of the worst ever made. Those who do not see it that way need serious film opinion reconditioning.
  20. EvanR.
    Aug 17, 2003
    Come on, this is pure dreck, the lowest of the low, appealing only to our basest senses.
  21. JasonS.
    Nov 26, 2004
    I saw this in the theater and the film turned upside down. No one realized it for 10 minutes. We were fortunate to get our money back.
  22. DecepticonPom
    Oct 27, 2004
    I was going to give this movie a 9 or a 10 but then I realised I was dreaming it was any good. Awful. Truly awful.
  23. M.T.
    Jan 30, 2004
    Worst. Movie. Ever.
  24. JaymzB.
    Jan 8, 2004
    I have the bad taste to have liked a couple Pauly Shore movies, Son-in-Law for one. I even liked his stand up. This movie is a flaming pile of suck and should be avoided.
  25. BrickTop
    Jan 8, 2004
    A crappy 'movie' by a crappy 'actor'
  26. AnonyMous
    Feb 1, 2004
    Anybody who thinks this movie is even remotely good is a moron.
  27. PedroS.
    Apr 19, 2004
    A true horror film. Even scarier than Deliverance.
  28. LaurenceH.
    Jun 9, 2004
    Come on. Stephen Baldwin is probably the worst actor ever. The humor is so cheesy... Forget it.
  29. DoofyD.
    Oct 8, 2005
    So bad!
  30. PhilT.
    May 6, 2005
    I tried to like it, I really did, but this movie just isn't that funny. When a comedy film has NOTHING else going for it it needs to be funny. I gave it a "1" because I liked the premise - the idea had promise, pity the execution was so poor.
  31. CarlosM.
    May 22, 2006
    Mindless and lame, I got the impression that these guys actually believed they were funny. The only reason I watched it to the end was the false belief that it could only get better.
  32. NickB.
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is the worst movie ever, step aside Blair Witch Project, step aside Troll 2, step aside Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and make way for Biodome.
  33. DavidM.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Not fit to be called a ''movie''
  34. Jimmy
    Oct 8, 2007
    It got a 1.....and rightfully so.
  35. PhilpP.
    Oct 20, 2009
    I don't see how this movie can be enjoyable in the slightest, so anyone who gives this above a 3 must be half retarded.
  36. timr
    Jul 5, 2009
    Whoever gives this movie a 6 and above, are mentally incompetent and have no taste in humour or let alone what a good movie or comedy should be about!!!
  37. PaulH.
    May 11, 2003
    I had to put this in to lower the overall total from 7. Pauly Shore is horrible. Stephen Baldwin is horrible and he has 'crazy' eyes.
  38. JoeD.
    Sep 16, 2003
    How Pauly shore got a movie career is one of life's greatest unsolved mysteries.
  39. Vee
    Oct 3, 2004
    This one is bad on soooo many levels...
    Feb 18, 2004
    A gurgling pool of ghonorrea.
  41. Ben
    Jul 19, 2004
    If Metacritic's rating system had a negative scale, this lame-o-rama would land itself a -17. If there's anything less talented that Shore, it's probably phytoplankton.
  42. GrahamM.
    Dec 7, 2005
    A terrible movie in its purest form.
  43. LindseyM
    Oct 7, 2005
    To all those who have given it a "10"... Pauly is that you? This guy was NEVER funny. Let's face it, if it wasn't for his mommy owning a comedy club he'd be working at McDonalds. I'm so happy he had his 15 minutes and is today washed up. Now if only Paris Hilton would die.
  44. GordonM.
    Jul 24, 2006
    I saw this movie yesterday, and it is the WORST movie I have EVER seen!! I am disgusted about their effort, and at their lame jokes! I hope other people agree with me.
  45. TomJ
    Aug 1, 2007
    Jesus Christ, why would anyone rate this movie above a 2? Now I know why people say 1/4 of Americans are retarded, because this just proves my point. Paulie is a really bad actor and he should die. For all of you who think he was funny you must have come from a different planet. This movie will literally rot your brain and give you nightmares for at least a month after you see it.
  46. DanA
    Sep 1, 2007
    Hahaha, people giving this movie a 10. You crazy bastards.
  47. AshleyR.
    Apr 14, 2008
    We watched this movie in class one day. It was so crap I wanted to do work instead it's just 2 hours of {not funny} fart jokes which star two crap actors. Don't get me wrong I love comedy when it's funny. A wast of money and time.
  48. DreaC.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This movie stunk I've seen wallpaper funnier than this! how do people think farts junkfood and making out is funny! its not!
  49. EthanL
    Sep 9, 2008
    Yes, it's a lousy movie. Yes, Pauly Shore is an obscenely unfunny motherf****r who deserves to be flipping burgers somewhere in Ohio right now instead of being wealthy and famous. But, there were a few [by which I literally mean about 3] jokes that actually made me laugh out loud, so this movie, while overall a thoroughly second-rate film by any standard, is not a COMPLETE waste of time.
  50. RossA
    Jan 23, 2009
    I turned this off after two minutes and then smashed my DVD player in case someone tried to put it on again. About as watchable as "2 girls 1 cup", but less funny.
  51. ShaneG
    Jun 24, 2009
    Idiotic, unnecessary, and a waste of money in the highest degree. This "film" is a travesty even among Pauly Shore's other movies. Unless you are have a thing for pain, keep at least one hundred yards away from the disk.
  52. JacobW.
    Mar 21, 2010
    The worste movie I have ever seen in my whole life! Pauly Shore and Stephen Bauldwin both destroy this movie with unfunny jokes, horrible acting and the most annoying voices ever. The "jokes" in this movie are begging for attention with no success. Anyone that found this movie entertaining in the slightest are either retarded or haven't seen an actual Comedy movie. Everyone that The worste movie I have ever seen in my whole life! Pauly Shore and Stephen Bauldwin both destroy this movie with unfunny jokes, horrible acting and the most annoying voices ever. The "jokes" in this movie are begging for attention with no success. Anyone that found this movie entertaining in the slightest are either retarded or haven't seen an actual Comedy movie. Everyone that thinks this is a good movie, please watch the Nostalgia Critics review of this so you can be englightened on why this movie sucks so much. Expand
  53. VoiceofSanity
    Aug 26, 2003
    Absolutely terrible... enough said.
  54. JonathanH.
    Apr 19, 2004
    Rightfully the worst film on metacritic.
  55. BartS.
    Feb 19, 2005
    I would have given it a 1, but this movie deserves to have it's overall average lowered. Films like this are a joke and I don't mean in a funny way. Crap like this rates along with most of the SNL spin-offs. Sure they might be entertaining to a select group of pre-pubescent boys, but let's face it - THEY ARE AWFUL and should never be seen again.
  56. JC
    May 16, 2005
    This was a terrible movie. I only found myself laughing at Shore and not with him. A sad, sad, sad movie.
  57. GrantN.
    Jan 17, 2006
    To all those people who gave this movie over a 3 you should stop seeing movies as you clearly can not tell the difference between greatness and crap, as this is pure and utter crap.
  58. PaulyShore
    Feb 22, 2006
    Wow, this movie stuck. It;s funny, though, the guy who stars in it kinda looks like me.... Hey wait a minute... er... i mean, this is a great movie...
  59. Eli
    Sep 14, 2006
    This is the worst movie I have ever seen. If you watch this willingly I feel extremely sorry for you and if you actually liked the movie you are not human and need to be exterminated immediatley. That is all. Pauly Shore, die!
  60. RobB.
    Nov 27, 2007
    A 1? Wow.... this movie is worse than all of the "Black people act unacceptable at typically white function" movies such as "Who's your Caddy" ? Your joking, I mean, the movie sucked - pretty badly, but how is it the worst of all time?
  61. DavidM
    Aug 23, 2007
    When I was forced to watch this in my 8th grade Agriculture class, I honest to God wanted to kill myself. No joke.
  62. MattM.
    Jan 28, 2009
    Seriously, people, stop with the fake votes. Not funny once, not funny the 30th time.
  63. JoshE.
    Nov 28, 2007
    A stupid movie!
  64. Sep 11, 2013
    Well, come on, it's a Pauly Shore movie, so it's not going to be much to write home about. Even this knowledge, however, cannot prepare you for the pile of steaming ineptitude that this movie is.
    Shore and Baldwin deliver career-low performances, the script is woeful, with no jokes in it at all; and the direction, from first-timer, Jason Bloom is not up to par.
  65. May 3, 2016
    I am ashamed to say that I liked this movie when I was a little kid. Now, I find myself looking back in horror at many of the movies that I used to enjoy. Truly, this movie is among the worst movies ever made.
  66. Jan 24, 2015
    This may be the single worst movie of all time. Never in my life have I rooted for a group of characters more in my life than I did in this movie for the "bad guys" to castrate Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. If that HAD happened I would have given a standing ovation.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 10 Critics

1. The New York Times
    Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Thoroughly incoherent... A dreary fizzle. [12 Jan 1996, p.C12]
  2. Shore possesses only two talents -- his ability to assume yoga-like positions and fondle his own behind, and his mystifying knack for getting starring roles in bad movies.
  3. A potentially amusing comic premise -- dropping a pair of anarchic stoners into the spaced-out, sanctimonious world of New Age bio-dome enthusiasts -- gets submerged in a shower of witless gags and the feeble one-joke persona of MTV celebrity Pauly Shore.